If Homosexuality is Genetic ......

Discussion in 'Health and Lifestyle' started by Gunny, Sep 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    ... and not behavioral, then how come it is since homosexuals cannot reproduce that the defective gene has not been bred out of humans through natural section?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. nt250

nt250 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +72
    No offense, but that sentence should be taken out and shot.

3. Reneer

Reneer Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8
    There have been a few scientific studies that explain the supposed paradox between 'homosexuality genes' and Darwin's theories. See here for an article about one study and here for the Proceedings of the Royal Society article on that study.

Of course, if you read either article it specifically states that the genetic effect only accounts for a small percentage of homosexuality and more study is needed in order to better determine the role that genetics plays in determining if a person will become homosexual or not.

I hope that answers your immediate question.

4. 007

007 Charter Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,946
    Those articles are all fine and dandy, but you have to keep in mind homosexuality has never been proven to be genetic.

I think that's Gunny's point.

5. Reneer

Reneer Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8
    That's true, it hasn't been proven, but the study I linked to gives the indication that genetics plays some role, minor as it may be. More studies are needed, I think, before we can be more sure of that role.

6. Nuc

Nuc Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +141
    Even if it's not genetic, it might be a psychological result of certain circumstances that form the individual. And they may not be able to control their feelings. Every gay I know says it was always present in them. The idea that gays choose that lifestyle to be wacky or rebellious doesn't make a lot of sense to me based on my personal observations.

7. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I may be way wrong, but think there is a genetic component in majority. With the new standards in our secular world, where kids as young as 10 and 11 are giving bj's and see bi-sex as normal, I'm more uncertain on the totality of such.

I will say, more obvious for males than females, it's pretty easy to spot the genetic predestined in k-1, than heteros. Some that seem hetero, may take one by surprise, rarely those that seem homosexual.

8. nt250

nt250 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +72

Some obviously don't choose it as a lifestyle. But some do. They choose being gay just like they choose to be vegetarians, animal rights activists, or any other "cause" they find appealling.

True homosexuals do exist, but it's very rare. Most people who call themselves "gay" today are bi-sexuals. But they hate being described that way because it totally screws up their arguments for special rights.

9. Nuc

Nuc Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +141
    In my experience what you are saying here applies much more to lesbians than to male homosexuals.

10. Nuc

Nuc Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +141
    I agree. I am doing my own personal study. I know two boys who I suspect will end up being gay. One is 3 and the other is 8. Later on I will find out if my instincts are correct. Too late for this thread though!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.