If have any interest in American History...

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
...you MUST look at the PBS series on WWI. It was absolutely outstanding and astounding. I thought I was reasonably well informed about WWI, but I was as wrong as I could be. Like Sergeant Schultz, "I knew NOTHING!"

Covers the buildup to the war, President Wilson's evolving positions, the incredible brutality of the Germans, mainly, and the war itself, the birth of the U.S. as a "world superpower," the devastation of the Influenza ("flu") epidemic that killed millions, and on and on.

BTW, not suitable for children. It exposes the ugly underside of "American Values," war, Woodrow Wilson, and the political parties.

Six hours of outstanding television. Not pretty.

Agree. We saw it too.

I'm afraid a lot of Americans still believe in a John War Is Hell Wayne version of war. We all need to see the truth of it, including the truth of America's role and actions in all wars.

We can say good bye to the excellent programming of PBS though. The Rs and RWNJs don't want quality TV. More important, they don't want TV that is for, of and by the people.

Agree. We saw it too.

I'm afraid a lot of Americans still believe in a John War Is Hell Wayne version of war. We all need to see the truth of it, including the truth of America's role and actions in all wars.

We can say good bye to the excellent programming of PBS though. The Rs and RWNJs don't want quality TV. More important, they don't want TV that is for, of and by the people.
If PBS is worth anything they can compete alongside the other television stations, not be money grubbing liberal bastions of propaganda. Bye bye big bird.

PBS Salaries | Glassdoor

Agree. We saw it too.

If PBS is worth anything they can compete alongside the other television stations, not be money grubbing liberal bastions of propaganda. Bye bye big bird.

PBS Salaries | Glassdoor

YYyyyyyyeahh ummmm...... those "other television stations" are commercial, blind man. That means they'll sink as low as they can figure out in order to capture your eyeballs so they can sell you deodorant. It's a completely different realm dealing in completely different content. It's not there to "compete" with anything. :banghead:

I mean ----- fucking DUH.

...you MUST look at the PBS series on WWI. It was absolutely outstanding and astounding. I thought I was reasonably well informed about WWI, but I was as wrong as I could be. Like Sergeant Schultz, "I knew NOTHING!"

Covers the buildup to the war, President Wilson's evolving positions, the incredible brutality of the Germans, mainly, and the war itself, the birth of the U.S. as a "world superpower," the devastation of the Influenza ("flu") epidemic that killed millions, and on and on.

BTW, not suitable for children. It exposes the ugly underside of "American Values," war, Woodrow Wilson, and the political parties.

Good to know, will have to wait for it on YouTube or sump'm. This sort of programming is about the only argument there was for keeping TV at all. But it wasn't enough.

Agree. We saw it too.

PBS Salaries | Glassdoor

YYyyyyyyeahh ummmm...... those "other television stations" are commercial, blind man. That means they'll sink as low as they can figure out in order to capture your eyeballs so they can sell you deodorant. It's a completely different realm dealing in completely different content. It's not there to "compete" with anything. :banghead:

So what you are saying is that without the government stealing my money and giving it to them, they wont last 2 seconds? Straight from the horses mouth.

Agree. We saw it too.

PBS Salaries | Glassdoor

So what you are saying is that without the government stealing my money and giving it to them, they wont last 2 seconds? Straight from the horses mouth.

What I am saying, you collosally ignorant doofus, is you're comparing apples and kumquats.

Commercial television "competes". It competes among itself because its only purpose is self-serving: to lull you into a hypnotic stupor so that you're malleable enough to be persuaded to go and buy shit you don't need, which is the definition of advertising. That's all it's there for --- to milk the public using the most effective commodity-fetish propaganda tool ever invented. And obviously it works ---- it's got you sitting here on the internets yammering cluelessly about "competing". Fuck that.

Non-commercial broadcasting eliminates that directive. It has no need to delve into fake wrestling and onstage paternity tests and naked people forced to eat bugs on an island. It's FREE of that kind of profit bullshit, therefore it can actually serve legitimate content. It does not "compete" --- it serves.

Apparently "service" is an obscure concept to those who never do it.

Agree. We saw it too.

PBS Salaries | Glassdoor

What I am saying, you collosally ignorant doofus, is you're comparing apples and kumquats.

Commercial television "competes". It competes among itself because its only purpose is self-serving: to lull you into a hypnotic stupor so that you're malleable enough to be persuaded to go and buy shit you don't need, which is the definition of advertising. That's all it's there for --- to milk the public using the most effective commodity-fetish propaganda tool ever invented. And obviously it works ---- it's got you sitting here on the internets yammering cluelessly about "competing". Fuck that.

Non-commercial broadcasting eliminates that directive. It has no need to delve into fake wrestling and onstage paternity tests and naked people forced to eat bugs on an island. It's FREE of that kind of profit bullshit, therefore it can actually serve legitimate content. It does not "compete" --- it serves.

Since I never watch that rag of a liberal station, I don't usually follow such crud. Lets just hope my taxes will go down, when these immoral shitheads get the boot.

Agree. We saw it too.

PBS Salaries | Glassdoor

Since I never watch that rag of a liberal station, I don't usually follow such crud. Lets just hope my taxes will go down, when these immoral shitheads get the boot.

What a surprise, this confession that one has only room for propaganda manipulation. Spoken like a true sheep.

And yet feels somehow "qualified" to opine on what he has no experience with. Laughable.

Three Strikes and You're Out

The activated working classes were threatening the leisure classes. As in America with the Vietnam War, the purpose of World War I was to kill off or take the fight out of the bravest of those born in the working classes. Mission accomplished.

The activated working classes were threatening the leisure classes. As in America with the Vietnam War, the purpose of World War I was to kill off or take the fight out of the bravest of those born in the working classes. Mission accomplished.

Posts like this ^^^^^^^ are crap for the Conspiracy Forum, not History.

I watched the first episode and you are right, it was excellent. Thank you for bringing it up.

All wars do a great deal of damage on the working class. You won't ever see a trump spawn enlist. But yea you're on a little bit of a conspiracy trail with that one...

All wars do a great deal of damage on the working class. You won't ever see a trump spawn enlist. But yea you're on a little bit of a conspiracy trail with that one...
Trump went to military school, I'm not sure he ever wrote about his experience.

Agree. We saw it too.

PBS Salaries | Glassdoor

You might learn something from Episode 2, all about how we began our military which was a cesspool of immigrants all speaking a different language, how they first built military bases (tent cities mainly) to train them, and then how we manage to send them to France. It also shows how blacks were treated as well as the Germans. You just might find it interesting, or not.

Trump went to military school, I'm not sure he ever wrote about his experience.
He did he said it was harder than the actually military. Of course. :cuckoo::cuckoo:

Wars aren't so good on anyone....horses too!

Still, as we see today, should we sit back and let ISIS/Nazis/Imperial Japan or some other assholes do as they want until they arrive at our borders or do we stand up against them? Tough call.

Wars aren't so good on anyone....horses too!

Still, as we see today, should we sit back and let ISIS/Nazis/Imperial Japan or some other assholes do as they want until they arrive at our borders or do we stand up against them? Tough call.
I guess trumps "america first" policy is a little more difficult than he thought.
Who knew being president could be so complex? All this healthcare, congress and war! Who knew!

Forum List

Back