If Guns Kill People...

If gun control worked, wouldn't it be evident?

It's not evident?

I mean, every single other first world country has lower gun murders than the USA. By a long way. Some of those countries have more guns and some have less guns, those with more guns have a higher percentage of gun murders than those with less guns. Isn't that evident?

Or do we mean evident for people who don't wish to see the truth?
And our murder rate is at a 120 year low with a steep downward trend over the last 3 decades.

I don't know what our baseline murder rate is but there are more variables than guns in the equation.
As far back as I can find the US murder rate has always been higher than that of the UK and other European countries.

Why is that?

Fine, throw in irrelevant facts to counter my relevant facts.

Why not put in how many blow jobs the last NFL quarterback scored in the last Superbowl too for good measure?

The US has the HIGHEST MURDER RATE in the FIRST WORLD by A LONG FUCKING WAY. No matter how much this rate is going down, it's still the fucking highest murder rate and you seem to think that people's deaths are okay because... because... I fucking don't know.

And we always have had a higher murder rate.

If you look at our stats and our stats only your arguments fall apart.

We have more guns than ever but our murder rate is declining and if the trend continues we will set a record for the lowest murder rate in 120 years.

So, you've always had guns, and the Brits kind of always haven't had guns, and the US has always had higher murder than the Brits and somehow you think this shows that people with guns aren't more of a problem?

Oh fucking jesus.

The Brits had guns too, They had plenty of guns before all their gun laws were passed. I don't know what the stats were before 1960 but it still doesn't explain why our murder rate is dropping the way it is all while having more guns and ore people with CCW permits than ever

It's not evident?

I mean, every single other first world country has lower gun murders than the USA. By a long way. Some of those countries have more guns and some have less guns, those with more guns have a higher percentage of gun murders than those with less guns. Isn't that evident?

And our murder rate is at a 120 year low with a steep downward trend over the last 3 decades.

I don't know what our baseline murder rate is but there are more variables than guns in the equation.
As far back as I can find the US murder rate has always been higher than that of the UK and other European countries.

Why is that?

Why not put in how many blow jobs the last NFL quarterback scored in the last Superbowl too for good measure?

The US has the HIGHEST MURDER RATE in the FIRST WORLD by A LONG FUCKING WAY. No matter how much this rate is going down, it's still the fucking highest murder rate and you seem to think that people's deaths are okay because... because... I fucking don't know.

We have more guns than ever but our murder rate is declining and if the trend continues we will set a record for the lowest murder rate in 120 years.
If one looks at the races committing gun violence, one finds that minorities are responsible for much of it. Blacks, though a small percentage of the population, commit a good portion of gun violence. Hispanics do too, but somewhat smaller even though they represent a greater percentage of the population than blacks.

I find it strange that the left is all about promoting racial issues, but they will never discuss the fact that blacks cause so much gun violence. Hypocrites!

It's no mystery that a small number of ultra violent urban areas account for a large number of murders and gun crimes that skew the totals

Guns don't kill people, people with guns kill people
Since we can't ban people, we have to go after the guns
molon_labe_come_and_take_them_2.png

People with knives kill people
People with hammer kill people
People with hands kill people
people with feet kill people
people with baseball bats kill people

PEOPLE kill people
People have always killed people
People will always kill people

This is one of those things you need to accept, you know like gravity.

But people with guns can kill 59 people at a go, people with knives often can't really kill more than 3 or 4, people with hammers probably 1, like people with hands and feet.

But then one person dead and 59 people dead is the same to you, right?
More people fall out of bed and die then people die from people using using the AR style sporting rifle

PEOPLE kill people

But people with guns can kill 59 people at a go, people with knives often can't really kill more than 3 or 4, people with hammers probably 1, like people with hands and feet.

A truck in France killed 86 and wounded 458 people.

That damn truck.

Again, I'm not saying the gun acted all alone... but I guess it's easier for you to argue with me if you make up what I'm saying, instead of reading what I write, hey?

It's not evident?

The truth is shit happens, who wants to live on her knees under control freaks?

So it's not that people died it's that a group of people died.

So somehow these people's deaths are different than the 99% of other murders.

That more people were killed in this instance is irrelevant to the fact that all of you have to accept about human beings. That fact is human beings are the most dangerous, destructive, and violent animal ever to walk the earth.

But again, more people die in the US per capita by gun murders, than people die in the UK by murders of all kinds (and the US figure is THREE TIMES HIGHER).

Facts, facts, facts.

Facts, our murder rate has always been higher than that of the UK as far back as I can find.

Our murder rate is at a 120 year low the UK's murder rate is higher than it was before all their really strict gun laws were passed

Guns and gun laws are not the only variables if they were our murder rate would be rising along with the number of guns

Here's another fact. You don't check your "facts" before you make them up.

In 1960 the US murder rate was 5.1, in 1963 it was 4.6, in 2015 it was 5.3.

Now, where I come from 5.3 is a HIGHER number than 4.6, but where you come, I guess anything is possible.

In 1950 it was 4.6.

I use 1950 because that was the decade before the UK started passing all it's gun laws and as we see the murder rate in the UK has not dropped below what it was before all their gun laws were passed.

And if you bothered to really look you'd see the murder rate in European countries rose right onto the 90's just like ours did.

So comparing the UK's murder rate pre and post gun laws we see that those gun laws did not reduce the murder rates

Comparing our murder rates for the same 60 years we see that while the rate did climb as it did almost everywhere we have seen a steep decline in the past 30 years and are on ace to see the lowest murder rate in the past 120 years all while having more guns.

So when you say guns raise the murder rate you are obviously wrong

Oh, wow, so, not only was it 4.6 in the 1960s, it was 4.6 in the 1950s too, and now it's 5.3. So, how's that claim that murders are at a 120 year low going for you?

You're telling ME that if I bothered looking up the facts? Are you serious?

I'm not disputing that the murder rates in European countries rose in the 1990s. What I'm saying is that the murder rate of the US has ALWAYS BEEN MUCH, MUCH HIGHER than that of other first world countries.

Do you agree or disagree with this?

You say I'm wrong that guns raise the murder rate? Why's that? The US has had guns since forever. And it's had a higher murder rate since, who knows? forever?

There are other factors which can raise and lower murder rates. You seem to be trying to make some argument that if the murder rate rises because of other reasons, therefore guns don't have an impact.

Which is clearly wrong as the US with lots of guns having a 4 times higher murder rate all through history seems to show no matter how much you try and present some cherry picked facts you didn't even bother to look up.

PEOPLE kill people

There are roughly 150-200 millions guns in america. What's your plan? We have thousands of gun control laws to deter criminal behavior. Do you honestly think by passing another law this is going to stop? Absolutely not. It will continue to get worse because we're a depraved society.

Well, there's that too. The US is on the way down.

Actually, if I had a plan, it would be to change the way people vote to Proportional Representation. Without that nothing is going to happen, no plan is going to ever see the light of day.
The reason the US is on its way down is because of the lack of any sort of freedom and individuality and an unpayable debt…
Firearms have nothing to do with it. LOL

It's not evident?

Why is that?

If one looks at the races committing gun violence, one finds that minorities are responsible for much of it. Blacks, though a small percentage of the population, commit a good portion of gun violence. Hispanics do too, but somewhat smaller even though they represent a greater percentage of the population than blacks.

I find it strange that the left is all about promoting racial issues, but they will never discuss the fact that blacks cause so much gun violence. Hypocrites!

If one looks at poverty rates, one also finds that blacks and other minorities make up most of it.

Could it be that people in poverty commit more crime that people not in poverty?

It's not evident?

Why is that?

It's no mystery that a small number of ultra violent urban areas account for a large number of murders and gun crimes that skew the totals

But it is a mystery that you seem to think this doesn't happen in other First World countries.

So it's not that people died it's that a group of people died.

So somehow these people's deaths are different than the 99% of other murders.

That more people were killed in this instance is irrelevant to the fact that all of you have to accept about human beings. That fact is human beings are the most dangerous, destructive, and violent animal ever to walk the earth.

But again, more people die in the US per capita by gun murders, than people die in the UK by murders of all kinds (and the US figure is THREE TIMES HIGHER).

Facts, facts, facts.

Facts, our murder rate has always been higher than that of the UK as far back as I can find.

Our murder rate is at a 120 year low the UK's murder rate is higher than it was before all their really strict gun laws were passed

Guns and gun laws are not the only variables if they were our murder rate would be rising along with the number of guns

Now, where I come from 5.3 is a HIGHER number than 4.6, but where you come, I guess anything is possible.

In 1950 it was 4.6.

I use 1950 because that was the decade before the UK started passing all it's gun laws and as we see the murder rate in the UK has not dropped below what it was before all their gun laws were passed.

And if you bothered to really look you'd see the murder rate in European countries rose right onto the 90's just like ours did.

So comparing the UK's murder rate pre and post gun laws we see that those gun laws did not reduce the murder rates

Comparing our murder rates for the same 60 years we see that while the rate did climb as it did almost everywhere we have seen a steep decline in the past 30 years and are on ace to see the lowest murder rate in the past 120 years all while having more guns.

Oh, wow, so, not only was it 4.6 in the 1960s, it was 4.6 in the 1950s too, and now it's 5.3. So, how's that claim that murders are at a 120 year low going for you?

I'm not disputing that the murder rates in European countries rose in the 1990s. What I'm saying is that the murder rate of the US has ALWAYS BEEN MUCH, MUCH HIGHER than that of other first world countries.

You say I'm wrong that guns raise the murder rate? Why's that? The US has had guns since forever. And it's had a higher murder rate since, who knows? forever?

There are other factors which can raise and lower murder rates. You seem to be trying to make some argument that if the murder rate rises because of other reasons, therefore guns don't have an impact.

Which is clearly wrong as the US with lots of guns having a 4 times higher murder rate all through history seems to show no matter how much you try and present some cherry picked facts you didn't even bother to look up.
In 2016 it was 4.9 not 5.3

And I don't know if the murder rate was 4 times higher in "all of history" do you want to back that claim up?

If the murder rate is related to the number of guns as you say it is then tell me why is our murder dropping when we have more guns and more people carrying concealed weapons than ever before?

Facts, facts, facts.

In 1950 it was 4.6.

In 2016 it was 4.9 not 5.3

And I don't know if the murder rate was 4 times higher in "all of history" do you want to back that claim up?

If the murder rate is related to the number of guns as you say it is then tell me why is our murder dropping when we have more guns and more people carrying concealed weapons than ever before?

So, are you now saying the 4.9 is LOWER than 4.6?

United States Crime Rates 1960 - 2016

I got 2015 at 4.9, 2016 at 5.3

2016 Crime Statistics Released

"There were an estimated 17,250 murders in the U.S. last year, an 8.6 percent increase from 2015."

What Rising Murder Rates in US Cities Mean for 2016

"
What Rising Murder Rates in US Cities Mean for 2016"

Table 2

FBI says 5.3 too.

Me thinks this is ANOTHER CASE of you making shit up.

Liberals are creating this 'FEAR-MONGERING' PANIC about a MINOR problem, compared to the REAL cause of violent deaths in America each year because events like the one in Vegas has the ability to result in more deaths at one time than the leading cause of homicide in this country and is easier to use to generate fear in the public.

As pointed out, NO ONE walks into a gun store or gun show and buys an 'automatic' weapon, and the use of the term 'assault' weapon is both incorrect and intentional...but its mis-use and events like in Vegas generate a lot of fear and outrage that can be channeled toward passing liberal anti-gun legislation.

The FACT is that the rifles being so thoroughly demonized by the Left so thoroughly are not even the leading 'weapon of death' each year in this country - Not by a LOT!

The #1 weapon used to kill the majority of people murdered in the United States in 2016 - 7,105 killed - was HANDGUNS, not AR-15s, not semi-automatic (converted/Bump Stock-enhanced, etc) rifles.

The 2nd highest category was 'Firearms Not Specified' - 3,077.
-- Not all of these were / could have been semi-automatic weapons, but even if they were the number is less than half of the number killed by HANDGUNS.

Rifles are well down the list with 374.

Murder - number of victims by weapons used 2016 | Statistic

In 2016, Chicago accounted for 22% of a nationwide increase in murders last year. The murder weapons most often used in the record-setting number of murders there were - you guessed it - HANDGUNS.

-- https://www.economist.com/blogs/democracyinamerica/2017/09/neighbourhood-watch

So the question that just BEGS to be asked after looking at these statistics is...

WHY ARE LIBERALS / PEOPLE WHO CLAIM TO BE CONCERNED WITH THE AMOUNT OF GUN VIOLENCE IN THE US TARGETING THE LEADNG WEAPONS USED IN MURDER IN THE US - HANDGUNS - INSTEAD OF SEMI-AUTOMATIC / FICTITIOUS 'ASSAULT' WEAPONS?

Crazy people with guns kill people.

Crazy people must get back ground checked and keeped away from guns.

How do you find out if someone is crazy? How do you predict when someone will go crazy?
Best way to stop gun violence is to allow everyone to have a gun. Even a crazy person wouldn't try to pull something then.

We have the most guns in the world. Many places with few guns have much lower crime rates than us. When citizens arm up so do criminals. That is why our violent crime rate is increasing.

Liberals are creating this 'FEAR-MONGERING' PANIC about a MINOR problem, compared to the REAL cause of violent deaths in America each year because events like the one in Vegas has the ability to result in more deaths at one time than the leading cause of homicide in this country and is easier to use to generate fear in the public.

As pointed out, NO ONE walks into a gun store or gun show and buys an 'automatic' weapon, and the use of the term 'assault' weapon is both incorrect and intentional...but its mis-use and events like in Vegas generate a lot of fear and outrage that can be channeled toward passing liberal anti-gun legislation.

The FACT is that the rifles being so thoroughly demonized by the Left so thoroughly are not even the leading 'weapon of death' each year in this country - Not by a LOT!

The #1 weapon used to kill the majority of people murdered in the United States in 2016 - 7,105 killed - was HANDGUNS, not AR-15s, not semi-automatic (converted/Bump Stock-enhanced, etc) rifles.

The 2nd highest category was 'Firearms Not Specified' - 3,077.
-- Not all of these were / could have been semi-automatic weapons, but even if they were the number is less than half of the number killed by HANDGUNS.

Rifles are well down the list with 374.

Murder - number of victims by weapons used 2016 | Statistic

In 2016, Chicago accounted for 22% of a nationwide increase in murders last year. The murder weapons most often used in the record-setting number of murders there were - you guessed it - HANDGUNS.

-- https://www.economist.com/blogs/democracyinamerica/2017/09/neighbourhood-watch

So the question that just BEGS to be asked after looking at these statistics is...

WHY ARE LIBERALS / PEOPLE WHO CLAIM TO BE CONCERNED WITH THE AMOUNT OF GUN VIOLENCE IN THE US TARGETING THE LEADNG WEAPONS USED IN MURDER IN THE US - HANDGUNS - INSTEAD OF SEMI-AUTOMATIC / FICTITIOUS 'ASSAULT' WEAPONS?

They have shown to kill more than 50 in one shooting and injure hundreds more. I don't see why anyone should legally own a weapon that dangerous.

Forum List

Back