If Guns Kill People...

No, it doesn't. But it would also be rather naive to think that guns don't exacerbate bad situations.

They don't really.

The guy that will shoot his wife over a burnt dinner is just as likely to strangle, beat, stab or kill his wife in a hundred different ways if he doesn't have a gun. Saying the gun exacerbated that is ridiculous

And AGAIN.

We're not talking about stopping murders, but reducing murders.

What make you think gun laws reduce murders?

They don't.

So, the gun laws in the UK don't keep murder rates lower?
what are you basing that off of? your own conjecture?
how much gun violence in the UK?

Gun homicides and gun ownership by country

Gun homicides and gun ownership by country - The Washington Post

The United States has the highest gun ownership rate in the world and the highest per capita rate of firearm-related murders of all developed countries.

I suppose this will be denied or called fake news or something nutty like that.
The right wing prefers to be illegal to the law of large numbers, and blame, "less fortunate" illegals, for being immoral enough, to be illegal.

I have shown you that gun laws do not lower murder rates or crime rates.
You said yourself gun laws don't lower crime now you say gun laws will lower the murder rate

It doesn't matter to you that countries that have enacted the type of laws you are calling for saw no reduction in their murder rates.

It seems to me that you think a person killed by a gun is somehow a worse crime than a person getting killed with a knife

Yes, a piece of paper with a signature on the bottom doesn't reduce murder rates. I'm very aware of that fact.

What you seem to be trying to wriggle out of is that cutting off the supply of guns to criminals can help to reduce murders.

You keep twisting everything and I'm not sure whether you're doing it to fuck around or whether you're really being quite dense. Which is it?

I'm not playing these games.

It doesn't.
It hasn't in all those other countries with gun laws that you admire. You've seen the numbers

So what evidence to you have that enacting all your gun laws will reduce the murder rate?

That would depend on whether you want to include third world countries with a whole host of problems. You could say the US shares some of those problems, but it shouldn't.

Not much of one. Third world governments are notoriously corrupt and make our corrupt politicians look like second graders And I never used any third world countries in any comparison.

No, the difference in corruption in the US is that they've legitimized it, made everyone think it's okay. In Africa they really don't bother with the pretense.

So, which first world countries are you looking at that have murder rates anywhere near the US's rate?
Only in right wing fantasy do more guns equal less gun incidences.

And, why do some young males, prefer to "break out the shot gun when they lose an argument to a little girl", instead of practicing more, to become, more perfect.

Is, nothing but repeal, worth-more or worth-less, in Any sector of our economy?

guns.jpg

They don't really.

The guy that will shoot his wife over a burnt dinner is just as likely to strangle, beat, stab or kill his wife in a hundred different ways if he doesn't have a gun. Saying the gun exacerbated that is ridiculous

And AGAIN.

They don't.

dunno. not in the UK.

And AGAIN.

They don't.

dunno. not in the UK.
guess they, "started to slack, once they come over here."

A scary thing, we have so much drama taxes health care, tweets war, gun stuff , that a guy put a bag full of explosives in North Carolina airport to blow up people, got caught, arrested. but it did not make even a small burp in media reporting.

Here we go again.

You assume the one and only variable is guns.

Look at the murder rates of individual countries pre and post gun laws and you will see that the murder rates of those countries did not drop below the levels before gun laws were passed

We are the only advanced country that makes guns this accessable.

We are the only advanced country that has these kinds of crime rates.

someone needed to introduce you to the concept of Occam's Razor at an early age.
Yes we are and it should stay that way.
Your entire argument is on gun laws to "drastically reduce the number of guns" so as to reduce the murder rate

Gun laws, gun bans and confiscations as done in all those European countries did not lower their murder rates yet you think those very same gun laws will reduce the murder rate here

And now you give evidence using Ireland that gun laws did not stop murder rates from increasing as well.

So if gun laws don't reduce murder rate or stop murder rates from increasing why are you so sure that more gun laws will reduce the murder rate in the US

The problem is, your argument is that if you look at statistics badly, you'll see whatever you want to see.

That's the problem here.

I'm not twisting stats at all.

You are qualifying my arguments to suit yours. For one I never said I expected "murder to drastically drop" after gun laws were passed. Those are your words. All I ever said was that murders did not drop after the enactment of gun laws. And I challenge you to quote me saying otherwise.

And it seems to me you are seeing what you want to see since somehow the gun laws that neither reduced the murder rates at all nor did they stop murder rates from rising, yet you insist the very same gun laws would reduce both the murder and crime rates here.

No, you're not twisting stats, I didn't say you were twisting them. What you're doing is misusing them. That's different to twisting them.

I didn't say I expected murders to "drastically drop" after gun laws were passed either. I've even gone and type in the very "quote" you just made up about me on the search, and came up with nothing. So how they're my words, I don't know.

What you've posted is a website which takes one gun law from a place, without really knowing anything about the gun law, then putting it on a chart and showing that murders didn't drop straight after. That's bullshit and I've told you it's bullshit and you haven't defended this bullshit. You've simply ignored it all, and then carried on with the same argument.

What's the point in discussing individual things if you simply just ignore it and the plough on like it never was never said?

You tell me where I said I expected murders to drastically drop after gun laws were passed here is where you said those very words to me

If Guns Kill People...

Oh, right, so what you're talking about is the fact that you think that gun murders should drop drastically after a gun ban

These are YOUR words not mine. I have never said anything about a "drastic" drop in murder rates after a gun law was passed

I have said all along it's not just guns yet you cling to the idea that gun laws gun bans and gun confiscations as enacted in Europe will reduce the number of guns in our society and thereby reduce crime

I say that's bullshit and you haven't proven it isn't bullshit

To be honest, this is just you playing games again. I'm not interested in this nonsense.

Honest?

You deny the very words you wrote.

if guns kill people...Then how in the HELL does anyone leave a gun show alive? Hmm? Can any of you liberal gungrabbers explain this?

Cleaning products under your sink kill people. How do you go into the kitchen and come out alive?

No...seriously. How do you do it? Because clearly you are so stupid, that I'm surprised you don't drink the cleaning products from under your sink.

Forum List

Back