If Guns Kill People...

So if law abiding people are stripped of their guns criminals won't use them?

Really?

The chances are that if guns are illegal, and hard to get hold of, then criminals will be much more careful about their guns. The latter part is important. Right now there is such a massive supply of guns, criminals don't need to worry about losing a gun.
www.law.harvard.edu/students/orgs/jlpp/Vol30_No2_KatesMauseronline.pdf

Do you think I'm going to click on this?
Why not it's a report done at HArvard University

But here

View attachment 153078

Do you want me to paste in all 46 pages?

Because I'm here to debate with the people who I'm debating with, rather than people who aren't here.

Posting sources without any argument is pointless.
That source corroborates the fact that gun laws and or gun possession has absolutely no effect on the crime and or murder rates.

Which has been my position all along whereas you are convinced that the mere fact that there are more guns raises the crime and murder rate

The chances are that if guns are illegal, and hard to get hold of, then criminals will be much more careful about their guns. The latter part is important. Right now there is such a massive supply of guns, criminals don't need to worry about losing a gun.

But here

View attachment 153078

Because I'm here to debate with the people who I'm debating with, rather than people who aren't here.

That source corroborates the fact that gun laws and or gun possession has absolutely no effect on the crime and or murder rates.

Which has been my position all along whereas you are convinced that the mere fact that there are more guns raises the crime and murder rate

So you have someone else's opinion on this matter, and you just post it because.... Whose argument is this? Yours or theirs?

If you want to quote the source and then explain why this part is relevant to your argument, go ahead.

However you say that it shows something, but you haven't made this argument well.

But here

View attachment 153078

That seems to be the case in Chicago.

But here

View attachment 153078

Yeah really strict gun laws do not stop the killing one bit

But here

View attachment 153078

No, there actually needs to be people implementing those laws.

But here

View attachment 153078

You mean like in the UK? Gun laws didn't stop people killing each other.

No, they don't stop people killing each other. But then you seem to be an all or nothing guy. Either you're going to have a fucking amazing birthday, or you don't have a birthday at all.

But other people are more sensible, and they think a murder rate of 1 per 100,000 is BETTER than one of 4 per 100,000.

But then you seem to treat statistics with a lot of elasticity

No, they don't stop people killing each other. But then you seem to be an all or nothing guy. Either you're going to have a fucking amazing birthday, or you don't have a birthday at all.

But other people are more sensible, and they think a murder rate of 1 per 100,000 is BETTER than one of 4 per 100,000.

And you cannot say with any certainty that gun laws, gun bans or the much coveted gun confiscation will lower our murder rate to 1 in 100000 can you?

In fact you can't prove it will lower the murder rate at all can you?

And you cannot say with any certainty that gun laws, gun bans or the much coveted gun confiscation will lower our murder rate to 1 in 100000 can you?

No, I can't PROVE the future.

So, your argument is, if you can't prove it, don't do it.

Well, you can't prove that you'll wake up tomorrow, so don't wake up. You can't prove the sun will come up tomorrow, so you might as well just die right now because there's nothing left to live for.

But here

View attachment 153078

Stricter laws may not work; but, more guns does seem to equal, more violence.

Well, you can't prove that you'll wake up tomorrow, so don't wake up. You can't prove the sun will come up tomorrow, so you might as well just die right now because there's nothing left to live for.

We have plenty of examples in other countries where gun laws did not reduce the murder and or crime rates yet you still think they can.

Who is ignoring the facts here me or you?

But here

View attachment 153078

No it doesn't.

No it doesn't.
Yes, it does; and, it conforms to the law of large numbers. Guys usually have to go along with it, for that reason alone.

No it doesn't.
Yes, it does; and, it conforms to the law of large numbers. Guys usually have to go along with it, for that reason alone.

Wrong as usual.

We have plenty of examples in other countries where gun laws did not reduce the murder and or crime rates yet you still think they can.

Who is ignoring the facts here me or you?

I'm not ignoring anything.

The simple point here is that a gun law doesn't do anything. It is people working to make such a gun law work that makes things work.

But then this is semantics.

Yes, the US has massive fucking problems, especially with inept politicians looking out for their own pocket first, their benefactors's pockets second and nothing third. That's a problem and the US has to deal with that shit before implementing gun control.

The US is in a state of paralysis, the country is failing, and no one wants to stop it.

No it doesn't.

No, it doesn't. But it would also be rather naive to think that guns don't exacerbate bad situations.

No it doesn't.

No, it doesn't. But it would also be rather naive to think that guns don't exacerbate bad situations.

They don't really.

The guy that will shoot his wife over a burnt dinner is just as likely to strangle, beat, stab or kill his wife in a hundred different ways if he doesn't have a gun. Saying the gun exacerbated that is ridiculous

No it doesn't.

Wrong as usual.
Chicago has "strict gun laws". Chicago also has, a lot of guns.

Forum List

Back