If gun control isn't the answer, what is?

What is the answer?

Something, or nothing? If something, what?

Here's something that worked beautifully. Shoot the motherfucker trying to kill innocent people:

Man Attempts to Open Fire on Crowd at Movie Theater, Armed Off-Duty Sheriff’s Deputy Drops Him With One Bullet | TheBlaze.com

Man attempts to open fire on a crowd at movie theater. He's dropped with one bullet.

No problem with that. The deputy was probably well trained in fire arm use and crisis handling. The yahoos, otoh

What is the answer?

Something, or nothing? If something, what?

Here's something that worked beautifully. Shoot the motherfucker trying to kill innocent people:

Man Attempts to Open Fire on Crowd at Movie Theater, Armed Off-Duty Sheriff’s Deputy Drops Him With One Bullet | TheBlaze.com

Man attempts to open fire on a crowd at movie theater. He's dropped with one bullet.

No problem with that. The deputy was probably well trained in fire arm use and crisis handling. The yahoos, otoh

So if you were in a crowded theater with a crazy motherfucker was shooting people and I took out a legally carried .45 to stop the guy, what would you say? "No, please don't shoot him, I'm not sure you've been well trained"?

By the way, I put about 15,000 round downrange per year. Most cops are required to qualify one per year...with less than 100 rounds. I've NEVER seen a cop show up to our weekly matches that was anywhere near as well trained as the us shooting sports enthusiasts.

Would you sell a gun to someone if he told you he thinks abortion doctors who were shot got what they deserved, and abortion is murder, and Scott Roeder is an American hero?

I'm not sure what you're getting at.

For one, it's possible for someone to think that a late-term abortion doctor getting shot is a good thing after the fact, happen to own a gun and not kill people with it. In fact, i would venture to guess that there's thousands, if not millions who think that way, right or wrong.

Second, if that was a question on a test to determine if you're insane, it would obviously be a one-sided test, and an easy one to pass anyway. "Do you think late-term abortion doctors should be murdered?" Pretty easy to tell what the agenda is there, and thus, easy to say no.

There's a difference between being insane/mentally unstable and just being stupid/opinionated. My point would be that whoever administers such exams to determine insanity/mental stability can't have a political agenda.

Last edited:

yes, the answer is to revert to the wild west so you nutters can feel empowered like the macho men you wish you were.

yep...

<translation> "I don't want to hear about how a gun saved numerous lives."

Sorry sweetie, but they just do.

...Did you know.....

• A 1997 high school shooting in Pearl, Miss., was halted by the school's vice principal after he retrieved the Colt .45 he kept in his truck.
• A 1998 middle school shooting ended when a man living next door heard gunfire and apprehended the shooter with his shotgun.
• A 2002 terrorist attack at an Israeli school was quickly stopped by an armed teacher and a school guard.
• A 2002 law school shooting in Grundy, Va., came to an abrupt conclusion when students carrying firearms confronted the shooter.
• A 2007 mall shooting in Ogden, Utah, ended when an armed off-duty police officer intervened.
• A 2009 workplace shooting in Houston, Texas, was halted by two coworkers who carried concealed handguns.
• A 2012 church shooting in Aurora, Colo., was stopped by a member of the congregation carrying a gun.
• At the recent mall shooting in Portland, Ore., the gunman took his own life minutes after being confronted by a shopper carrying a concealed weapon. 2500 times last year alone legal gun owners stopped violent crime when confronted with it long before any police assistance ...

In 2010 there were an estimated 2.5 MILLION incidents where firearms saved a life.

Many more examples at link

Cases in which guns saved lives

Just going by the progressive media I've been flipping around. "Ban assault weapons" is the rally cry and there wasn't even an assault rifle used here.

And what did they do when the devil came? start hiding and hope for the best. Tragically that's all the option they have in these idiotic "gun free zones", better known as "criminal safe zones".

Just the facts dick.

The Bushmaster AR-15 is a civilian version of the M-16, it's capable of using high capacity ammo clips, and even includes a flash suppressor. Police have said he had several high capacity clips. Not sure if they were 30, 50, or 100 round clips. It is an assault weapon.

An AR 15 uses a magazine, not a clip.

Tell that to the police officer who called it clips. For all intents, you're technically correct, but common usage uses the terms as synonymous.

School Shooter Adam Lanza Used Military-Style Bushmaster Rifle

Lanza, 20, carried "many high-capacity clips" for the lightweight military-style rifle, Lt. Paul Vance, a spokesman for the Connecticut State Police, told The Huffington Post in an email. Two handguns and a shotgun were also recovered at the scene.

Man Attempts to Open Fire on Crowd at Movie Theater, Armed Off-Duty Sheriff&#8217;s Deputy Drops Him With One Bullet | TheBlaze.com

yes, the answer is to revert to the wild west so you nutters can feel empowered like the macho men you wish you were.

yep...

Much better idea to cower in the corner of a gun free zone and wait to be rescued. Good luck with that.

your problem is that you think those are the only two answers....

now... it *might* have been funny if the person posting it wasn't angry and obama-deranged.

Last edited:

Man Attempts to Open Fire on Crowd at Movie Theater, Armed Off-Duty Sheriff&#8217;s Deputy Drops Him With One Bullet | TheBlaze.com

yep...

Much better idea to cower in the corner of a gun free zone and wait to be rescued. Good luck with that.

I truly believe some people are more comfortable in the victim role and they often seek a Nanny form of government.

Interesting source for this comment:

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.&#8221; - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).

http://www.buddhistchannel.tv/index.php?id=8,3916,0,0,1,0

Last edited:

yep...

your problem is that you think those are the only two answers....

Then by all means, tell us exactly what measures would prevent insane motherfuckers and dumb criminal thugs from breaking laws with a firearm.

NRA people need to speak up. If we lock up the crazies there are no more mass gun attacks, and no more call for anti gun legislation. Re focus your energy.

Define "crazies." That's a slippery slope there because i'm sure plenty of lefties would call for righties to be locked up for nothing more than the political views, and vice versa.

Would you sell a gun to someone if he told you he thinks abortion doctors who were shot got what they deserved, and abortion is murder, and Scott Roeder is an American hero?

So at what point do we regulate human thought? I'll be the first to tell you that I have often thought (privately, never openly - for fear of people, who would probably lock me away in a "re-education" camp) that those abortion providers who have been murdered probably got a "just" reward. Do I condone it? Absolutely NOT!

Having stated that, I am a gun owner and have been since I was 10 years old. I served in the military (Vietnam) and killed people. Many, in fact. Other than service in the military, I have never used a weapon in anger. Never once.

Don't you find it rather odd, that the majority of these mass killings are perpetrated by those who have never served in the military, never fought in wars, yet been under observation (in many cases for years) for mental illness or have held "grudges" against society for some perceived "wrong" done to them, or, quite frankly, just snap one day? Or, worse yet, are teenagers, brought up on violence (constant video games, television, movies, books, magazines) etc etc that believe that "life has no meaning"? Here's a clue for the latter...Life has no meaning to those individuals because they were (most likely) never taught to respect life.

One passage in the Bible as ALWAYS stood out to me: "You reap what you sow"

The Bushmaster AR-15 is a civilian version of the M-16, it's capable of using high capacity ammo clips, and even includes a flash suppressor. Police have said he had several high capacity clips. Not sure if they were 30, 50, or 100 round clips. It is an assault weapon.

Tell that to the police officer who called it clips. For all intents, you're technically correct, but common usage uses the terms as synonymous.

Lanza, 20, carried "many high-capacity clips" for the lightweight military-style rifle, Lt. Paul Vance, a spokesman for the Connecticut State Police, told The Huffington Post in an email. Two handguns and a shotgun were also recovered at the scene.

For once I agree with you.. it is just another word... hell, I interchange between the 2 words.. I think everyone knows what is meant

Define "crazies." That's a slippery slope there because i'm sure plenty of lefties would call for righties to be locked up for nothing more than the political views, and vice versa.

So at what point do we regulate human thought? I'll be the first to tell you that I have often thought (privately, never openly - for fear of people, who would probably lock me away in a "re-education" camp) that those abortion providers who have been murdered probably got a "just" reward. Do I condone it? Absolutely NOT!

Having stated that, I am a gun owner and have been since I was 10 years old. I served in the military (Vietnam) and killed people. Many, in fact. Other than service in the military, I have never used a weapon in anger. Never once.

Don't you find it rather odd, that the majority of these mass killings are perpetrated by those who have never served in the military, never fought in wars, yet been under observation (in many cases for years) for mental illness or have held "grudges" against society for some perceived "wrong" done to them, or, quite frankly, just snap one day? Or, worse yet, are teenagers, brought up on violence (constant video games, television, movies, books, magazines) etc etc that believe that "life has no meaning"? Here's a clue for the latter...Life has no meaning to those individuals because they were (most likely) never taught to respect life.

so you think sending someone out to kill, kill, kill and exorcise the anger is the way to go for the borderline personality disorder types?

p.s. you don't tell people your opinion about aborton docs because you know it's wacky.

What John Howard could teach the US about gun control | Crikey

"In the 18 years before the law, Australia suffered 13 mass shootings — but not one in the 14 years after the law took full effect. The murder rate with firearms has dropped by more than 40 percent, according to data compiled by the Harvard Injury Control Research Center, and the suicide rate with firearms has dropped by more than half... Or we can look north to Canada. It now requires a 28-day waiting period to buy a handgun, and it imposes a clever safeguard: gun buyers should have the support of two people vouching for them."

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/16/opinion/sunday/kristof-do-we-have-the-courage-to-stop-this.html

"In 1991, Warren E. Burger, the conservative chief justice of the Supreme Court, was interviewed on the MacNeil/Lehrer NewsHour about the meaning of the Second Amendment's "right to keep and bear arms." Burger answered that the Second Amendment "has been the subject of one of the greatest pieces of fraud--I repeat the word 'fraud'--on the American public by special interest groups that I have ever seen in my lifetime." In a speech in 1992, Burger declared that "the Second Amendment doesn't guarantee the right to have firearms at all. "In his view, the purpose of the Second Amendment was "to ensure that the 'state armies'--'the militia'--would be maintained for the defense of the state." Cass R. Sunstein, “The Most Mysterious Right,” National Review http://72.52.208.92/~gbpprorg/obama/Cass_Sunstein_Quotes.pdf

Your broad brush shows that you're full of shit.

Just going by the progressive media I've been flipping around. "Ban assault weapons" is the rally cry and there wasn't even an assault rifle used here.

And what did they do when the devil came? start hiding and hope for the best. Tragically that's all the option they have in these idiotic "gun free zones", better known as "criminal safe zones".

Just the facts dick.

You can get or adapt clips/magazines to use higher capacity for any weapon that uses that style of loading...

And you think the flash suppressor makes a difference in the number of kills in a situation like this HOW??

It is not a true assault weapon except for bullshit criteria of LOOKS... it is not an automatic or military grade weapon.. sorry charlie

More evidence cops are rarely the best trained shooters. The same cops that you guys are so sure should be the only ones with a firearm...the same cop that clearly doesn't know his firearms...the same cop that only has to qualify one time per year with his firearm while enthusiasts put thousands of rounds down range every week.

so you think sending someone out to kill, kill, kill and exorcise the anger is the way to go for the borderline personality disorder types?

p.s. you don't tell people your opinion about aborton docs because you know it's wacky.

Hope you didn't pull any muscles with that stretch.

So if you were in a crowded theater with a crazy motherfucker was shooting people and I took out a legally carried .45 to stop the guy, what would you say? "No, please don't shoot him, I'm not sure you've been well trained"?

By the way, I put about 15,000 round downrange per year. Most cops are required to qualify one per year...with less than 100 rounds. I've NEVER seen a cop show up to our weekly matches that was anywhere near as well trained as the us shooting sports enthusiasts.

Shooting at pieces of paper is a lot different than shooting at something moving and shooting back. Police also train in high stress situations. You are aware that in most states, you're personally responsible for any civilians you hit.

And as the size of magazines increases, so does the body count. Hell, you can now buy 100 round magazines on-line, for most assault style rifles, with no background check.

And those who deal with weapons realize the lesser reliability of those mags... I can do just as much damage with multiple 20 round clips and change out the clip in the blink of an eye.. I can have multiple weapons at the ready before a lull to reload..

And it is good you finally used the word STYLE... which is the only criteria behind this label.. My AR is not a combat rifle.. It is not my old M-16 with 3 shot burst... It is not my old M-60 spewing out 500 rounds per minute... My AR is a .223 that I have more experience with than any other weapon besides my old M-16.. And any weapon you are comfortable with, you can be efficient or deadly with

Your ignorance and fear are quite astounding

You're a fucking idiot. "Less reliable" hardly means zero reliable. The last few high body count incidents used 30 round clips. My shotgun is limited to 3 rounds, because that's all that I'm allowed for duck hunting. I sure as hell know that I couldn't reload the weapon to come near the body count at Sandy Point.

Oh, and the civilian version of the M249 is very reliable, and can load a 200 round belt clip.

You are ignorant.. I have used 30 round clips/mags.. and I have used 100 round clips/mags.. I know the difference in reliability first hand... the only time there is zero reliability is when there is no ammo or a known broken piece of equipment... but there is a SIGNIFICANT difference in reliability between the clips/mags

My shotgun is semi with a 12 shot mag... and I can cause as much or more damage that what you deem to be 'assault rifles'

And,. idiot, the 'civilian version' of the 249 is a SEMI, not an automatic... thanks for playing though.. please see Don Pardo for some lovely parting gifts

Shooting at pieces of paper is a lot different than shooting at something moving and shooting back. Police also train in high stress situations. You are aware that in most states, you're personally responsible for any civilians you hit.

You probably never actually touched a gun in your life, but you are giving him marksman tips?

LOL

"In the 18 years before the law, Australia suffered 13 mass shootings — but not one in the 14 years after the law took full effect. The murder rate with firearms has dropped by more than 40 percent, according to data compiled by the Harvard Injury Control Research Center, and the suicide rate with firearms has dropped by more than half.

Big problem with that "study". Australia banned guns in 1996. In the 18 years before 1996 until 14 years after 1996, crime was decreasing dramatically in every western country around the world, including the US. In the years before Australia's ban, firearm-related homicides were already declining, dropping 66% between 1981 and 1996. Firearm-related deaths were also on the decline during that period, falling 50%.

Another example of government meddlers claiming to affect a trend that was already in progress without the laws.

What your that incredibly bias "study" overlooks is what happen AFTER the gun ban took effect: From the inception of firearm confiscation to March 27, 2000, the numbers are:
• Firearm-related murders were up 19%
• Armed robberies were up 69%
• Home invasions were up 21%

Not so good after all...

Forum List

Back