If GOP Nominates a Hard Right-Winger or a Crank, They Risk Losing - Noonan

LOL, ole Peggy talking about people don't vote for EXTREME

you can't get any more EXTREME than the Far LEFT radical in Chief in there today, so I'd say, SHE IS WRONG.

anyway, who cares what Peggy has to say.:eusa_whistle:

Recruit and support candidates that can speak to the entire country?
Who has serious experience and accomplishments?
Who are grounded and credible?

GOP is doomed

GOP is doomed

Yeah, sure.

Just imagine 6 more years of this shit and it will put it all in perspective.

I got an idea!

Why don't you run a birther?

You know the country will rally around you

GOP is doomed

Yeah, sure. Just imagine 6 more years of this shit and it will put it all in perspective.

I got an idea! Why don't you run a birther?
You know the country will rally around you

1. If a few more states insist on seeing a birth certificate to get on the ballot, BO will have two choices. Show it, or hand-off to Hillary.

2. The GOP could run win straight-up with Mitt, or Christie, or Pawlenty. Ryan could be in the mix if he shows that he can compromise and skillfully negotiates a successful budget deal. If not, his budget is DOA.

3. In 2012 if gas is $5 a gallon or more and the unemployment rate is over 8%, then BO can start packing. He better start figuring out the gas crisis and economy thing soon. I don't see any brilliancies in the offing.

4. Both parties need to deal with divided government, one-party rule has been a disaster in both cases.

Last edited:
Noonan is a great writer but she likes moderates, and only moderates. If Obama changed his party affiliation to R- she'd endorse him! Conservatives win when they are CONSERVATIVES.

Last edited:
Despite her track record, she's right.

And it's because America is bi-polar. They don't like to hear we're going broke, but they oppose cuts that affect them, in the polls.

They think they're over-taxed, but taxes are historically low.

It's a wishy-washy Electorate, most of which has no fucking clue or desire to have a clue about Politics.

i'm not sure it's that they're wishy washy, though they're certainly easily led. what they don't want is extreme solutions like eviscerating medicare. on the other hand. the parties make a huge mistake when they forget what they were elected to do. dems were elected to end the two wars of choice we were involved in and engage in a more intelligent foreign policy. they were also supposed to fix the jobs situation.

repubs were elected in 2010 to get hold of spending and act as a counterweight to some dem programs, not to engage in a social restructuring of the country or to destroy everything done by the new deal.

it's like in wisconsin. they may have wanted walker and the repubs to get the budget done, but they sure as heck didn't hire them to engage in union busting.

as for the rest... nothing is going to get done unless their is campaign finance reform... and citizens united pretty much killed any shot of that.

I disagree that they're not wishy washy.

A distant friend of mine was crying on his facebook about free-speech because Kobe Bryant was fined by the NBA for saying faggot.

He was fined by a Corporation, wearing their uniform thus representing them, as their employee.

People are fucking stupid in regard to politics. Plan, flat out, fucking stupid. They believe the FIRST thing they hear that seems to make sense, no questions asked.

oh.. i said I'm not sure about whether they're wishy washy. i didn't discount the possibility.

i see where you're coming from. sometimes folks lose the forest for the trees.

there's also a reason that propaganda works.

i'm not sure it's that they're wishy washy, though they're certainly easily led. what they don't want is extreme solutions like eviscerating medicare. on the other hand. the parties make a huge mistake when they forget what they were elected to do. dems were elected to end the two wars of choice we were involved in and engage in a more intelligent foreign policy. they were also supposed to fix the jobs situation.

repubs were elected in 2010 to get hold of spending and act as a counterweight to some dem programs, not to engage in a social restructuring of the country or to destroy everything done by the new deal.

it's like in wisconsin. they may have wanted walker and the repubs to get the budget done, but they sure as heck didn't hire them to engage in union busting.

as for the rest... nothing is going to get done unless their is campaign finance reform... and citizens united pretty much killed any shot of that.

I disagree that they're not wishy washy.

A distant friend of mine was crying on his facebook about free-speech because Kobe Bryant was fined by the NBA for saying faggot.

He was fined by a Corporation, wearing their uniform thus representing them, as their employee.

People are fucking stupid in regard to politics. Plan, flat out, fucking stupid. They believe the FIRST thing they hear that seems to make sense, no questions asked.

oh.. i said I'm not sure about whether they're wishy washy. i didn't discount the possibility.

i see where you're coming from. sometimes folks lose the forest for the trees.

there's also a reason that propaganda works.

And why STATISTS use it to the nth degree. It's the only way they can win with the feeble minded that they control.

After explaining why Obama has been a poor President, and why it is the Republican's election to lose, former Bush speechwriter and political commentator Peggy Noonan had this to say.

You would think Democratic professionals, who read the same numbers Republicans do and pick up similar trends, would be hanging their heads in despair.

They are not. They have hope. Their hope is that Republicans in the early caucus and primary states will go crazy.

They hope the GOP will nominate for the presidency someone strange, extreme or barely qualified. They hope that in a mood of antic cultural pique, or in a great acting out of disdain for elites, or to annoy the mainstream media, Republican voters will raise high candidates who are unacceptable to everyone else. Everyone else of course being the great and vital center, which hires and fires presidents. The Democrats' hope is that centrists will look at the Republican nominee and, holding their nose, choose the devil they know. Especially if the one they don't know seems to have little horns under his hair.

Republicans voting in recent presidential primaries have tended to pick the candidates who are viewed as the moderate in the race—Bob Dole in 1996, George W. Bush in 2000, John McCain in 2008. But in truth, there are some pretty antic candidates out there this year.

The great question of the coming year is not, "Will Obama reignite his base?" or, "Will the Democrats outraise and outspend the GOP?" It is: Will the GOP be serious? Will Republicans be equal to their history, their tradition and the moment? If they are—if they recruit and support candidates who can speak to the entire country, who have serious experience and accomplishments, who are grounded and credible, then they will win centrist support. And with it they will likely win the thing without which they cannot achieve the big changes they seek, and that is the presidency.

Obama Is Likely to Lose - WSJ.com

Sorry, Miss Peggy IS a Hard Right-Winger and a Crank, both.

Now this is what's hilarious. On Morning Joe, she was complaining about Obama's "no fly" zone in Libya. When it was explained to her that it was for humanitarian reasons, she said, "Gaddafi would never kill his own people". The older, balding guy said, "Yes he would". Miss Peggy said, "How do you know?" Then he said, "Because Gaddafi said he would". Then she said, "Just because he said he would do it, doesn't mean he would".

You could hear the jaws drop.

She has just as much understanding about the Middle East that other Republicans do, obviously.

After explaining why Obama has been a poor President, and why it is the Republican's election to lose, former Bush speechwriter and political commentator Peggy Noonan had this to say.

You would think Democratic professionals, who read the same numbers Republicans do and pick up similar trends, would be hanging their heads in despair.

They are not. They have hope. Their hope is that Republicans in the early caucus and primary states will go crazy.

They hope the GOP will nominate for the presidency someone strange, extreme or barely qualified. They hope that in a mood of antic cultural pique, or in a great acting out of disdain for elites, or to annoy the mainstream media, Republican voters will raise high candidates who are unacceptable to everyone else. Everyone else of course being the great and vital center, which hires and fires presidents. The Democrats' hope is that centrists will look at the Republican nominee and, holding their nose, choose the devil they know. Especially if the one they don't know seems to have little horns under his hair.

Republicans voting in recent presidential primaries have tended to pick the candidates who are viewed as the moderate in the race—Bob Dole in 1996, George W. Bush in 2000, John McCain in 2008. But in truth, there are some pretty antic candidates out there this year.

The great question of the coming year is not, "Will Obama reignite his base?" or, "Will the Democrats outraise and outspend the GOP?" It is: Will the GOP be serious? Will Republicans be equal to their history, their tradition and the moment? If they are—if they recruit and support candidates who can speak to the entire country, who have serious experience and accomplishments, who are grounded and credible, then they will win centrist support. And with it they will likely win the thing without which they cannot achieve the big changes they seek, and that is the presidency.

Now this is what's hilarious. On Morning Joe, she was complaining about Obama's "no fly" zone in Libya. When it was explained to her that it was for humanitarian reasons, she said, "Gaddafi would never kill his own people". The older, balding guy said, "Yes he would". Miss Peggy said, "How do you know?" Then he said, "Because Gaddafi said he would". Then she said, "Just because he said he would do it, doesn't mean he would".

She has just as much understanding about the Middle East that other Republicans do, obviously.

oh brother. I'm soooooooooooooooo glad to have found this out... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
not that I give a rats ass what Peggy Noonan has to say anyway.:lol:

Last edited:

oh brother. I'm soooooooooooooooo glad to have found this out... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
not that I give a rats ass what Peggy Noonan has to say anyway.:lol:

Noonan is a HAS BEEN.

How could ANYONE believe that the GOP base would nominate a crank? Just because Tea Party Republicans are gaga over Michele Bachmann who's indicated an interested in tossing her tin foil hat in the ring?

The question is when will Christine O'Donnell declare her candidacy?

Yes, a crippled candidate that nobody wanted after his support of Amnesty.

He was perfect.........for the Democrats. Howard Dean would have beat him.

McCain was the candidate endorsed by the New York Times.

That's all you need to know.

Peggy Noonan has a special talent for being wrong about virtually everything.

Yes, a crippled candidate that nobody wanted after his support of Amnesty.

He was perfect.........for the Democrats. Howard Dean would have beat him.

McCain was the candidate endorsed by the New York Times.

That's all you need to know.

Peggy Noonan has a special talent for being wrong about virtually everything.

Hand-Picked BY the Media...

*SAD*

Did not know Peggy Noonan or that she was a commontater before this thread.
Not sure whether to thank you or not Toro.

She was Reagan's speech writer and her voice is so whiny & effeminate that it makes one want to stick a dull pencil in the ears so as to pierce the eardrums. :bang3:

Forum List

Back