If GOP is upset about Michele Obama's anti-obesity campaign...

Did republicons attack Huckabee for his stance against obesity?

Huck: No obesity fight with Palin, Bachmann - POLITICO Live - POLITICO.com

Mike Huckabee says he's not at war with Republicans who are attacking Michelle Obama's anti-obesity initiatives.

"I didn't say they're all wrong - let's be clear, because then it sounds like I'm in a war with Sarah Palin, Michele Bachmann and Rush Limbaugh, which I'm not," Huckabee told Chris Wallace on "Fox News Sunday."

"But what Michelle Obama is proposing is not that the government should tell you that you can't eat dessert."

Bachmann, Palin and Limbaugh have all attacked the first lady's anti-obesity initiatives as examples of an overly interventionist nanny state. Huckabee, who shed more than 100 pounds before he ran for president in 2008, is also a strong anti-obesity advocate.

On Sunday, he pointed out that many military-age young men and women are too fat to be eligible to enlist. "It's a matter of national security," he said.

So...apparently the Right has an issue with anti-obesity campaigns. That's strange, don't you think?

Dude, the issues are:

- government telling people what to do at all

- hypocrisy

We're against "government" campaigns, not "anti-obesity" campaigns and Michelle should practice what she preaches. It's really not that hard.

Forum List

Back