If GOP is upset about Michele Obama's anti-obesity campaign...

You cant be a hypocrit for saying healthy eating is good for you. Thats a fact. I remember when Laura Bush had the literacy campaign and all the rpublicans telling her to stay out of their homes. good times...

No one is stupid enough to think healthy eating is bad for you. The issue is her trying to force people to do it when she doesn't do it.

Hence, hypocrite.

The first lady isn't an elected position. Why are we then ceding power to her to influence our lives?

Repubs always see force where there is none. Show me the force.

Michelle Obama: 'We can't just leave it up to the parents'

Thank you for being dishonest.
You cherry picked one line...and you did not include my explanation as to WHY people are talking about force....and rightfully so.....
Michelle is advocating controlling childrens access to certain foods through lefgislation and regulation...so should we speak out about it now...or wait until it is already law?

That wasnt dishonest. I said show me the force and you said there isnt any. Now if you want to talk about why people may be afraid that force probably possibly coming in the near to far off future, thats cool but that is not what the righties here have been saying.

They have been saying Michelle Obama is FORCING her agenda on them...Now that we know that is not true. We can talk like rational people who live in reality.

Thats an outright lie.

The righty's are saying they dont want Michelle Obama to force her agenda on us.
There is a difference.

You simply made that up.

And she isnt, the righties here are saying she is trying to force it on them...when she isnt. It's like saying you dont want Alligators to walk upright. No problem because it aint happening

You opened the door to a discussion about infidelity so here goes. The former carpet bag senator from NY and now Secy State Hillary Clinton is the world class enabler and everyone knows it. For whatever reason I don't want to know about she allowed her husband to abuse women for years. She created the "bombo eruption" team that was dedicated to ruining the lives of any woman who had the courage to come forward with allegations about her husband. She sat in front of the cameras and told the Country that the "vast right wing conspiracy" was responsible for the DNA on Monica's dress while she knew and condoned what her husband was doing. The left should think twice before they ever bring up the infidelity issue.

Too funny! :lol::lol::lol:

That wasnt dishonest. I said show me the force and you said there isnt any. Now if you want to talk about why people may be afraid that force probably possibly coming in the near to far off future, thats cool but that is not what the righties here have been saying.

They have been saying Michelle Obama is FORCING her agenda on them...Now that we know that is not true. We can talk like rational people who live in reality.

Thats an outright lie.

The righty's are saying they dont want Michelle Obama to force her agenda on us.
There is a difference.

You simply made that up.

And she isnt, the righties here are saying she is trying to force it on them...when she isnt. It's like saying you dont want Alligators to walk upright. No problem because it aint happening

Huh? If someone was saying they were trying to come up with a way to make alligators walk upright, I would think people who live in Florida wouyld speak out against it.

Michelle si saying she is pushing for government reguilation and/or legislation as it pertains to childrens access to non healthy foods...so people are speaking out against it.

If she were saying that she is pushing for all taxes to the rich be eliminated...would you not speak against it?

I dont think you are supposed to eat cocaine.? If you read carefully, eating healty is the topic.

In fact, "healthy lifestyle" was the term used.

:lol:

Quote: Originally Posted by ClosedCaption
only Jack Lalane, Bruce Lee and Ghandi can tell people they should eat healthy that's it!Quote: Originally Posted by Uncensored2008
Bruce Lee died of a Cocaine overdose. Is that considered "healthy" now?

:lol: back peddle, much

Still ignoring the truth about the compaint.

No one is complaining that she voices her opinion about eating healthy.
Many of us do not feel it is appropriate for the First Lady to imply that parents are not on top of things in regard to their children, so it may be a good solution for the government to intervene and control children's access to unhealthy foods.

You may think it is OK...we think otherwise.

You have an issue with those that dont always think as you do?

JUST SAY NO to anything she may tell you about your obesity.

As for implications....are you saying we DON'T have a problem with childhood obesity in this country?

you and your pathetic intentional spin of what people say on here is disturbing.
I mean...you really cannot be that dense...that naive....no one can have such a poor ability to comprehend what they read.

LMAO....sure...that is what I implied.

You are a pathetic poster on this board.

We have an obsity problem....that is obvious.
It is not the role of government to enter the houehold and do what they beleive the parents are not doing.

Truth is....you can put these kids on all the diets you want...as long as they sit in the house and socialize using technology, they will gain weight. As long as they continue to find they are better at baseball on a video game than they are on a real field of play, they will gain weight...

Whern I was a 10 year old kid, I would grab my mitt hop on my bike and say goodbye to my mom for the day...with the last words I hear being "be home by dark"....no cell phones, no beepers...no GPS chips....lol...no helmet for my bike.

Now? A mother is brought up on charges of child abuse if she lets her kid leave the house for the day without a clue as to where he or she is going.

Be very afraid....the First Lady (really THIS First Lady) is concerned about the childhood obesity problem we have.....therefore a mother will be brought up on charges of child abuse if she lets her kid leave the house for the day.......IT'S ALL CONNECTED!!!!!:eek:

Congress has the right to vote up or down her proposed legislation.

She has no authority to propose legislation.

What office was she elected to?

Hello. EVERYONE has the authority to propose legislation. Everytime you right a letter to your Congressman you are proposing legislation. Congress is not required to act in any way about it tho.

Sometimes, the hatred some of you have for the Current President and First Lady makes you say the stupidest things. Really. What's up with that?

JUST SAY NO to anything she may tell you about your obesity.

As for implications....are you saying we DON'T have a problem with childhood obesity in this country?

you and your pathetic intentional spin of what people say on here is disturbing.
I mean...you really cannot be that dense...that naive....no one can have such a poor ability to comprehend what they read.

It is not the role of government to enter the houehold and do what they beleive the parents are not doing.

Truth is....you can put these kids on all the diets you want...as long as they sit in the house and socialize using technology, they will gain weight. As long as they continue to find they are better at baseball on a video game than they are on a real field of play, they will gain weight...

Whern I was a 10 year old kid, I would grab my mitt hop on my bike and say goodbye to my mom for the day...with the last words I hear being "be home by dark"....no cell phones, no beepers...no GPS chips....lol...no helmet for my bike.

Now? A mother is brought up on charges of child abuse if she lets her kid leave the house for the day without a clue as to where he or she is going.

Be very afraid....the First Lady (really THIS First Lady) is concerned about the childhood obesity problem we have.....therefore a mother will be brought up on charges of child abuse if she lets her kid leave the house for the day.......IT'S ALL CONNECTED!!!!!:eek:

When you have nothing to say to refute, you turn to twisting a post so you can be sarcastic.

You truly are a pathetic addition to this board....and completely out of your league when it comes to an intelligent debate.

When you have nothing to say to refute, you turn to twisting a post so you can be sarcastic.

You truly are a pathetic addition to this board....and completely out of your league when it comes to an intelligent debate.

These kinds of unwarrented personal attacks advance your arguments AGAINST the First Lady advocating we do something about Childhood Obesity......how?

Congress has the right to vote up or down her proposed legislation.

Hello. EVERYONE has the authority to propose legislation. Everytime you right a letter to your Congressman you are proposing legislation. Congress is not required to act in any way about it tho.

Sometimes, the hatred some of you have for the Current President and First Lady makes you say the stupidest things. Really. What's up with that?

Really?

Cool.

Exactly how do I get access to tax payer money to do that?

I mean...we are to compare apples to apples....no?

Really?

Cool.

You can't afford paper and a first class stamp, Jarhead?

These kinds of unwarrented personal attacks advance your arguments AGAINST the First Lady advocating we do something about Childhood Obesity......how?

Unwarranted?

Hmmm...

Do you know what that word means?

To me..and likely to any intelligent person....intentionally spinning what someone says to discredit that person makes it a warranted action when that person points out what a pathetic tactic it is in a debate.

So I would not use the word unwarranted....because, once again, you are wrong.

Really?

Cool.

I cant afford to push my ideas on national TV.

Neither can Michelle...unless she has access to tax payer money.

I wonder how many winter coats the cost of her ads would buy for those freezing children accross the nation.......hmmmm.

I’m waiting to hear the GOP base explain why Michelle Obama is a bad First Lady for advocating against childhood obesity, but Callista Gingrich would be a good First Lady even though she had an affair with a married man and broke up his marriage.

Anyone want to take a 'spin'? :lol:

why are you upset about a woman having an affair? you were fine with bubba getting a blowjob in the oval.. hypocrite much?

Unwarranted?

Hmmm...

To me..and likely to any intelligent person....intentionally spinning what someone says to discredit that person makes it a warranted action when that person points out what a pathetic tactic it is in a debate.

So, you think that it is totally warranted to deflect from the topic of the First Lady being against Childhood Obesity by making this about me personally?

Hmmmm, that's how you think you win arguments? By going off topic and making it about name-calling the person are are arguing with?

We call that losing....going personal is for those who cannot forward a decent argument. It's the equivalent of saying "Oh yeah? Well, you're ugly and your momma's ugly too" on an Elementary school yard.

So...again, either a) show us what is so horrible about the First Lady advocating AGAINST Childhood obesity, or b) show us that we do not have a problem with Childhood obesity, or c) show us where the First Lady is FORCING us to make nutritional decisions for our children and will be charged with child abuse/neglect if we don't follow her forced plan.

Good luck. (and try not to make it about me again.....that's a loser's tact)

Writing your congresscritter isn't "proposing legislation," stupidfuck.

{Article I - The Legislative Branch Note

Section 1 - The Legislature

All legislative Powers herein granted shall be vested in a Congress of the United States, which shall consist of a Senate and House of Representatives.}

Standard Disclaimer: Expect to hear cries of "IT BURNS - It burns" from bodecea, as the preceding is from the US Constitution. The Constitution has the same effect on leftists as salt does on slugs. (No offense to slugs intended by the comparison!)

Unwarranted?

Hmmm...

So, you think that it is totally warranted to deflect from the topic of the First Lady being against Childhood Obesity by making this about me personally?

Hmmmm, that's how you think you win arguments? By going off topic and making it about name-calling the person are are arguing with?

We call that losing....going personal is for those who cannot forward a decent argument. It's the equivalent of saying "Oh yeah? Well, you're ugly and your momma's ugly too" on an Elementary school yard.

So...again, either a) show us what is so horrible about the First Lady advocating AGAINST Childhood obesity, or b) show us that we do not have a problem with Childhood obesity, or c) show us where the First Lady is FORCING us to make nutritional decisions for our children and will be charged with child abuse/neglect if we don't follow her forced plan.

Good luck. (and try not to make it about me again.....that's a loser's tact)

I have done nothing but debate this intelligently with a multitude of posts and you continued to chime in and ruin the debate by taking my posts and intentionally spinning what I was saying.

So I did not divert from the debate. You tried to ruin a good debate and I simply called you out on it.

Now go away. You have added nothing to this debate but sarcasm and spin.

Go play somewhere else where such chilish actions are acceptable.

Forum List

Back