If GOP is upset about Michele Obama's anti-obesity campaign...

You cant be a hypocrit for saying healthy eating is good for you. Thats a fact. I remember when Laura Bush had the literacy campaign and all the rpublicans telling her to stay out of their homes. good times...

No one is stupid enough to think healthy eating is bad for you. The issue is her trying to force people to do it when she doesn't do it.

Hence, hypocrite.

The first lady isn't an elected position. Why are we then ceding power to her to influence our lives?

Repubs always see force where there is none. Show me the force.

You cant be a hypocrit for saying healthy eating is good for you. Thats a fact. I remember when Laura Bush had the literacy campaign and all the rpublicans telling her to stay out of their homes. good times...

No one is stupid enough to think healthy eating is bad for you. The issue is her trying to force people to do it when she doesn't do it.

Hence, hypocrite.

The first lady isn't an elected position. Why are we then ceding power to her to influence our lives?

None yet.

But she has been advocating for the controilling lunches at schools...and the distribution of candy and soda machines in areas where children congregate.
And if a first lady is going to advocate such, it is appropriate for those agaiunst it to speak out against it.

Or should we simply wait until the regulation and or law is passed.

What do you think is best for those against the idea?

Hence, hypocrite.

None yet.

Thank you for being honest...All these crybabies talking about force where there is none. I say it on a daily basis but this is the best example yet of how Repubs continue to play the victim on a host of issues.

only Jack Lalane, Bruce Lee and Ghandi can tell people they should eat healthy that's it!

Still have your headache I see.
I'm saying that she wants to get American children into shape but her own daughter is getting chubby, she needs to get her on a diet, she is not watching what her youngest is doing.
It was a remark about her not watching what her own daughter eats, not about the kid.

The Obama's must be perfect! A smoker shouldnt tell kids not to smoke, thats being a hypocrit. Obama should tell kids they SHOULD smoke! Fuck Yeah!

:cuckoo: You're an ass

None yet.

Thank you for being honest...All these crybabies talking about force where there is none. I say it on a daily basis but this is the best example yet of how Repubs continue to play the victim on a host of issues.

Thank you for being dishonest.
You cherry picked one line...and you did not include my explanation as to WHY people are talking about force....and rightfully so.....
Michelle is advocating controlling childrens access to certain foods through lefgislation and regulation...so should we speak out about it now...or wait until it is already law?

Yea look how well that worked out for ol Jack Lalane. He thought he was going to live to be 120, with his healthy eating. George Burns out lived him and ol George never ate right, smoked and did not exercise and he out lived ol Jack.

None yet.

You cherry picked one line...and you did not include my explanation as to WHY people are talking about force....and rightfully so.....
Michelle is advocating controlling childrens access to certain foods through lefgislation and regulation...so should we speak out about it now...or wait until it is already law?

That wasnt dishonest. I said show me the force and you said there isnt any. Now if you want to talk about why people may be afraid that force probably possibly coming in the near to far off future, thats cool but that is not what the righties here have been saying.

They have been saying Michelle Obama is FORCING her agenda on them...Now that we know that is not true. We can talk like rational people who live in reality.

Her being a person personally advocating for it... AWESOME... more power to her... speak about healthy eating and exercise all you want and I will praise you for it.... taking away choices or using government to force her agenda, THAT is where I would say she crosses the line... using tax dollars for ungodly amounts of stupid commercials or billboard nobody pays attention to, would also be crossing the line

That wasnt dishonest. I said show me the force and you said there isnt any. Now if you want to talk about why people may be afraid that force probably possibly coming in the near to far off future, thats cool but that is not what the righties here have been saying.

They have been saying Michelle Obama is FORCING her agenda on them...Now that we know that is not true. We can talk like rational people who live in reality.

Thats an outright lie.

The righty's are saying they dont want Michelle Obama to force her agenda on us.

There is a difference.

You simply made that up.

First, I'm not obese.

Second, I do my best to ignore her, but her use of government power on a matter she doesn't live personally, is a bit annoying and hard to ignore.

Collective 'your'.

JUST SAY NO to anything she may tell you about your obesity.

Still ignoring the truth about the compaint.

No one is complaining that she voices her opinion about eating healthy.
Many of us do not feel it is appropriate for the First Lady to imply that parents are not on top of things in regard to their children, so it may be a good solution for the government to intervene and control children's access to unhealthy foods.

You may think it is OK...we think otherwise.

You have an issue with those that dont always think as you do?

As for implications....are you saying we DON'T have a problem with childhood obesity in this country?

You opened the door to a discussion about infidelity so here goes. The former carpet bag senator from NY and now Secy State Hillary Clinton is the world class enabler and everyone knows it. For whatever reason I don't want to know about she allowed her husband to abuse women for years. She created the "bombo eruption" team that was dedicated to ruining the lives of any woman who had the courage to come forward with allegations about her husband. She sat in front of the cameras and told the Country that the "vast right wing conspiracy" was responsible for the DNA on Monica's dress while she knew and condoned what her husband was doing. The left should think twice before they ever bring up the infidelity issue.

Hence, hypocrite.

There is no force...it's about WHO is saying it, not what is being said.

Collective 'your'.

Still ignoring the truth about the compaint.

No one is complaining that she voices her opinion about eating healthy.
Many of us do not feel it is appropriate for the First Lady to imply that parents are not on top of things in regard to their children, so it may be a good solution for the government to intervene and control children's access to unhealthy foods.

You may think it is OK...we think otherwise.

You have an issue with those that dont always think as you do?

As for implications....are you saying we DON'T have a problem with childhood obesity in this country?

you and your pathetic intentional spin of what people say on here is disturbing.
I mean...you really cannot be that dense...that naive....no one can have such a poor ability to comprehend what they read.

LMAO....sure...that is what I implied.

You are a pathetic poster on this board.

We have an obsity problem....that is obvious.
It is not the role of government to enter the houehold and do what they beleive the parents are not doing.

Truth is....you can put these kids on all the diets you want...as long as they sit in the house and socialize using technology, they will gain weight. As long as they continue to find they are better at baseball on a video game than they are on a real field of play, they will gain weight...

Whern I was a 10 year old kid, I would grab my mitt hop on my bike and say goodbye to my mom for the day...with the last words I hear being "be home by dark"....no cell phones, no beepers...no GPS chips....lol...no helmet for my bike.

Now? A mother is brought up on charges of child abuse if she lets her kid leave the house for the day without a clue as to where he or she is going.

First ladies have always had philanthropic causes just as they have for a long time had state-funded secretaries and workers under their control. This is nothing new. And if the first lady uses the entourage she has to come up with meaningful legislation...that's using the people's money for good.

Congress has the right to vote up or down her proposed legislation.

If you've been paying attention for long enough, you know that the First Lady's office works this way. Complaining that it's not an elected position is a straw-man argument at best. That's the way it works and Congress can still vote on anything she proposes.

As far as the hypocritical thing...that's a personal attack on Michelle...not an argument on the merits of what she's doing.

I’m waiting to hear the GOP base explain why Michelle Obama is a bad First Lady for advocating against childhood obesity, but Callista Gingrich would be a good First Lady even though she had an affair with a married man and broke up his marriage.

Anyone want to take a 'spin'? :lol:

Gringrich as President??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now that's funny, I don't care who you are.

First ladies have always had philanthropic causes just as they have for a long time had state-funded secretaries and workers under their control. This is nothing new. And if the first lady uses the entourage she has to come up with meaningful legislation...that's using the people's money for good.

Congress has the right to vote up or down her proposed legislation.

If you've been paying attention for long enough, you know that the First Lady's office works this way. Complaining that it's not an elected position is a straw-man argument at best. That's the way it works and Congress can still vote on anything she proposes.

As far as the hypocritical thing...that's a personal attack on Michelle...not an argument on the merits of what she's doing.

Ifg she were pushing ads on obesity....pushing for a charity that addresses obesity....she would be doing what first ladies do.

She is pushing for legislation that will allow government to control the eating habits of children.

We have a right to speak out against it.

Much of what Hillary did as it pertained to cuases and philanthropies..., no one criticized...

But when she started to advocate healthcare legislation? We had the right to treat her like a legislator and speak out against her.

Is there really something wrong with speaking out against someone pushing some sort of legislation?

Forum List

Back