If God's Flood was only a regional flood...

I gave you an answer.
You gave no answer. read the thread.

But, feel free to copy/paste it again for me and show me I am mistaken, as I was courteous enough to do with my question, even though you dodged it repeatedly.

Denial is also in the old testament.
I have a feeling you are going to post several more times to make it clear you don't feel like taking the time to copy/paste the answer you claim to have already given me. No need, dude... you're not fooling me.

So, why DID Noah take two hydras on the Ark? They reproduce asexually, after all.

And hey, wait a darn minute... they live in the water! Why would water-dwelling animals need to escape a flood?

None of this makes any goddamned sense.

I gave you an answer.
You gave no answer. read the thread.

But, feel free to copy/paste it again for me and show me I am mistaken, as I was courteous enough to do with my question, even though you dodged it repeatedly.

Denial is also in the old testament.
I have a feeling you are going to post several more times to make it clear you don't feel like taking the time to copy/paste the answer you claim to have already given me. No need, dude... you're not fooling me.

So, getting in the last word is vanity...another old testament subject.

It's a metaphor for YHWH's misogyny.
Ah, okay. See, if it is, indeed, metaphor, that would make some sense.

Of course, it's not metaphor at all. What it actually is is a very literal attempt to set ground rules for slavery. and the men who invented these rules wanted their own rules to be "special". So, in order to grant these rules more ostensible truth and power, the authors lent to themselves 'divine authority', as people often did in ancient times. In fact, they still do... ask the Moonies...

See? No need to tapdance, or to twist ourselves into pretzels to try to puzzle out the deep, hidden meanings of these iron age blatherings. It's just a primer for slavers, written by people who wanted them to appear more important than other people's attempts at writing primers for slavers, by lending themselves divine authority. This isn't rocket surgery, people.

It's just a primer for slavers, written by people who wanted them to appear more important than other people's attempts at writing primers for slavers, by lending themselves divine authority.
And/or by people who wanted to big themselves up by showing how humane was their system of oppression.

And/or by people who wanted to big themselves up by showing how humane was their system of oppression.
Yeah, lots of that going around lately too. Apparently, we're giving out "Best Picture" Oscars for it these days...

It's a metaphor for YHWH's misogyny.
Ah, okay. See, if it is, indeed, metaphor, that would make some sense.

Of course, it's not metaphor at all. What it actually is is a very literal attempt to set ground rules for slavery. and the men who invented these rules wanted their own rules to be "special". So, in order to grant these rules more ostensible truth and power, the authors lent to themselves 'divine authority', as people often did in ancient times. In fact, they still do... ask the Moonies...

See? No need to tapdance, or to twist ourselves into pretzels to try to puzzle out the deep, hidden meanings of these iron age blatherings. It's just a primer for slavers, written by people who wanted them to appear more important than other people's attempts at writing primers for slavers, by lending themselves divine authority. This isn't rocket surgery, people.
Wouldn’t you actually have to understand the history and the context of that time period before you could understand the intent?

Of course, anyone with any interest in history understands the context. We were ignorant people with more poorly formed.moral codes and moral societies. That old testament was written by men, for other men, is obvious to any rational person whose mind is not addled by faith and superstition.

Of course, anyone with any interest in history understands the context. We were ignorant people with more poorly formed.moral codes and moral societies. That old testament was written by men, for other men, is obvious to any rational person whose mind is not addled by faith and superstition.
Try again because that wasn’t even close.

This time actually address the history of slavery and the different types of slavery, the different treatment of slaves - both indentured servants and forced - the different rationalizations for slavery and just for kicks why slavery was different in the US than it was in the rest of the world.

There’s a whole lot of factual historical information on this subject. There is literally no reason to try to confirm your bias through bullshit rationalizations.

Try again because that wasn’t even close.

This time actually address the history of slavery and the different types of slavery, the different treatment of slaves - both indentured servants and forced - the different rationalizations for slavery and just for kicks why slavery was different in the US than it was in the rest of the world.

There’s a whole lot of factual historical information on this subject. There is literally no reason to try to confirm your bias through bullshit rationalizations.

the different rationalizations for slavery

another instance of evil then - evil now denied by the desert religions to misconstrue purposefully the original religion of antiquity. to suit their own way of life scripted with them and by their predecessors.

Forum List

Back