If God sends hail to punish, why is hail being sent against America?

GiveMeATicketToWork

Feb 3, 2016
Here is a Bible passage with an example of God sending hail to punish Egypt:

Exodus 9:17-34
English Standard Version (ESV)
(17)You are still exalting yourself against my people and will not let them go. (18)Behold, about this time tomorrow I will cause very heavy hail to fall, such as never has been in Egypt from the day it was founded until now...(23)Then Moses stretched out his staff toward heaven, and the Lord sent thunder and hail...(33)So Moses went out of the city from Pharaoh and stretched out his hands to the Lord, and the thunder and the hail ceased, and the rain no longer poured upon the earth. (34)But when Pharaoh saw that the rain and the hail and the thunder had ceased, he sinned yet again and hardened his heart, he and his servants.

Here is a Bible passage with an example of God sending hail to punish Egypt:

Exodus 9:17-34
(17)You are still exalting yourself against my people and will not let them go. (18)Behold, about this time tomorrow I will cause very heavy hail to fall, such as never has been in Egypt from the day it was founded until now...(23)Then Moses stretched out his staff toward heaven, and the Lord sent thunder and hail...(33)So Moses went out of the city from Pharaoh and stretched out his hands to the Lord, and the thunder and the hail ceased, and the rain no longer poured upon the earth. (34)But when Pharaoh saw that the rain and the hail and the thunder had ceased, he sinned yet again and hardened his heart, he and his servants.
You've got to remember these people are making shit up as they speak. If a natural disaster happens, you just say it was caused by x sin that your political opponents supposedly support, and you'll have an entire flock that buys into it behind you.

Yeah from the news you'd think, if you're a kristian, that 'god' has a vendetta against Texas. He's been flooding and hailing them like Stephen Colbert bitch-slapping Trump.

While God has used hail, not all hail is the wrath of God.

Job 38:22-23
(22)“Have you entered the storehouses of the snow,
or have you seen the storehouses of the hail,
(23)which I have reserved for the time of trouble,
for the day of battle and war?

God sends the hail when He wants to and it is damaging a lot of people and their property in America.

God sent hurricane Katrina to demolish New Orleans. Must have been some bad shit going on there.

Yeah from the news you'd think, if you're a kristian, that 'god' has a vendetta against Texas. He's been flooding and hailing them like Stephen Colbert bitch-slapping Trump.

God sent hurricane Katrina to demolish New Orleans. Must have been some bad shit going on there.

When the sun shines it shines on the good and the bad and when it rains and hails it rains and hails on the good and the bad.

Either way the weather seems to have absolutely no effect on the many people who say and do stupid things in the name of the lord.

When a tornado demolishes a church does any parishioner think that they are being punished or do they continue to hold services in the rubble until they can rebuild another church in which to praise their god for being saved?

Last edited:

When the sun shines it shines on the good and the bad and when it rains and hails it rains and hails on the good and the bad.

Either way the weather seems to have absolutely no effect on the many people who say and do stupid things in the name of the lord.

Yes sometimes the good get hurt with the bad, but as Job 38:22-23 & Ex. 9:17-34 show God uses weather to punish people. As we can see from the destruction happening in America via the weather, God must have chastising in mind...

Yes sometimes the good get hurt with the bad, but as Job 38:22-23 & Ex. 9:17-34 show God uses weather to punish people. As we can see from the destruction happening in America via the weather, God must have chastising in mind...

If that was true then all of those religious people out there who never heard a single word from God in their entire lives yet say ridiculous things in Gods name should probably shut up already.

If I was God it wouldn't be the sexual preferences of people minding their own business that were pissing me off.

Forum List

Back