If God Is...?

Can't decide if I am an atheist or just incredibly pissed of at God. I can't accept that any God that gives a damn about us would allow what happened to a woman as selflessly giving and widely adored as my mother, she died after long and horrible suffering, can't forgive him/her/it for that, easier to just consider the universe empty and meaninglessly chaotic.

These are hard questions. But there are answers, some don't come for many years. Sometimes it comes with wisdom. In my personal life I had a similar question and the answer came long after my prayers I thought were unanswered.

Yes, the scenario Occupied relates is one of the very toughest and most unanswerable difficiulties the human animal has to deal with. How could a loving God have allowed the terrible massacres, tortures, Jewish internment camps, other unspeakable atrocitiies, and our own loved ones to suffer so? And amidst it all many of us have witnessed unbelievable healings, amazing miracles, and unexplained kindnesses.

The Holy Spirit seems to make us wait for many answers and obviously some things are simply beyong our comprehension. But somewhere in there is an assurance that our loved ones who have passed on are all just fine and we'll be clued in on the unknowable soon enough. And I think God is okay with the anger directed at Him as it seems to be necessary in the grief process.

Do any of y'all mind if I live THIS life like it's the only one I get?

It's the only one I know for sure.

If God is, and She's mad at me, She has Her shot today. I'm smack dab in the middle of one of those feeder bands currently dragging north along the Treasure Coast of FL.

:D

If God is, and She's mad at me, She has Her shot today. I'm smack dab in the middle of one of those feeder bands currently dragging north along the Treasure Coast of FL.

:) Somertimes the fury of the storm has been interpreted as the heavenly powers making their presence known. But a study of meterology also shows the role tropical storms and hurricanes have in making important redistributions of environmental components. (Has been too long since I read up on that to allow much scientific technicality there.)

What is the purpose of big hail, tornadoes, drought, etc.? I don't pretend to know, but I do know that the creatures of the Earth have been able to adapt and adjust or re-create themselves to deal with changing environmental scenarios and that would suggest that we humans are also expected to do that. Maybe if we were more in tune with God we wouldn't do so much futile experimentation and would be better at reading and adjusting to natural climate shifts, etc.

Biut on a more practical note, you're getting weather that Florida gets now and then for much longer than the current genration has lived, and we in the southwest stuck in what seems like an interminable drought are envying you all that lovely rain.

And God is probably shaking his head at both us for thinking the current situation is anything other than the way it is supposed to be. :)

:) Somertimes the fury of the storm has been interpreted as the heavenly powers making their presence known. But a study of meterology also shows the role tropical storms and hurricanes have in making important redistributions of environmental components. (Has been too long since I read up on that to allow much scientific technicality there.)

What is the purpose of big hail, tornadoes, drought, etc.? I don't pretend to know, but I do know that the creatures of the Earth have been able to adapt and adjust or re-create themselves to deal with changing environmental scenarios and that would suggest that we humans are also expected to do that. Maybe if we were more in tune with God we wouldn't do so much futile experimentation and would be better at reading and adjusting to natural climate shifts, etc.

Biut on a more practical note, you're getting weather that Florida gets now and then for much longer than the current genration has lived, and we in the southwest stuck in what seems like an interminable drought are envying you all that lovely rain.

And God is probably shaking his head at both us for thinking the current situation is anything other than the way it is supposed to be. :)

I wonder if Pat Robertson thinks the current tropical storm / hurricane weather hitting Tampa is God's judgement of Republican policies?

I wonder if Pat Robertson thinks the current tropical storm / hurricane weather hitting Tampa is God's judgement of Republican policies?

No clue, nor am I much interested in what Pat Robertson thinks about the tropical storm. I do know that it is irrelevent to this thread which has been a good thread and I would like to keep it that way.

Wouldn't it have to hit Tampa for it to be God's judgment against Republican policies? If we are using this reasoning, shouldn't the fact that it didn't hit Tampa say the exact opposite?

I suppose that would depend on the overall disruption level when it's all said and done.

Maybe God likes some kid in Tampa so she'll be satisfied just trickling down on the republican party without wiping out the whole town. :dunno:

Do you know that scientists have discovered that the human cell has the same pattern of its parts orbiting around a central core just as a galaxy does? Interesting isn't it? Random? I don't think so.

Forum List

Back