“If God does not exist, then all things are permitted.”

Where was God when the natives were pushed out and killed by the Christian nation you inhabit?

As I told you before, all evil in the world is our own doing.
Lack of obedience ruined it from the beginning and lack of submission and obedience to God continues be ruinous to us today.....
No Father wants their child to be submissive their entire life.What warped sect to you belong to?

What's wrong with submitting to someone?
Especially the Almighty Father who loves you unconditionally?
Why, because there is no need for postulation......If God loves unconditionally then no conditions could exist for making God love you more...one thing that I laugh at is the contradictions of religions...

There is no religion. Only God and salvation through Christ.
God loves you perfectly and completely.
What conditions for God's love have you heard about?

Does the new testament ring any bells?

God exists. Without Him anything goes, which is why the Left dupes many into believing He is fiction, while ridiculing anyone who believes.
This fails as an appeal to consequences fallacy.

Certain theists are ridiculed because of their inability to engage in reasoned, critical thinking, such as you've demonstrated, not because they believe.

This is not a court of law or the debate club.
God is not a topic for debate, that frustrates you which I understand.

Your god is not a topic for debate because he doesn't exist.

The laws, as Clayton so succinctly explained, are all inventions of mankind as are the religions and the thousands of gods to go along with them.

Assuming there is no morality without the fear of God is ridiculous

I don't see atheists running wild in the streets

I didn't say there was no morality.
I said anything is permitted. Possible and acceptable.
Legal? Maybe not.
Moral? Without God, morality is self-defined.

Why do you think that I- as an atheist think that anything is acceptable?

If someone called you a slut or a bitch- I wouldn't find that acceptable.
If someone shoots a police officer- I dont' find that acceptable.

Why do you think that what is 'acceptable' is limited only to those who believe in a god?

If there is no God and thus, no afterlife, you just live and you die, you certainly would be dum
Without God, morality is self-defined.

Why is that bad thing?

I am more than capable of coming up with my own morality.

Relationships are based on trust and so betraying that trust would be immoral hence I value the trust enough to be moral. I don't need your imaginary being to dictate that morality since I was more than capable of figuring it out for myself.

Ever notice how those who want government to butt out of their lives are more than willing to force their religion into the lives of others, by force of government if needs be?

So no, your imaginary god does not define my morality.

If there is no God and morality is self-defined, there is chaos. .

There is no chaos in my life. My morality is a product of my choices and upbringing. I have learned from the teachings of Jesus- as I have from the words of Buddha and also John Lennon.

I need no god for my morals to be defined.

Why do you?

God exists. Without Him anything goes, which is why the Left dupes many into believing He is fiction, while ridiculing anyone who believes.

Certain theists are ridiculed because of their inability to engage in reasoned, critical thinking, such as you've demonstrated, not because they believe.

Only for yourself....Since you have bought the farm already.......

... agree or disagree? .... and why?

NO. Universal Morality still governs the world regardless of whether religion exists or not.

You believe there is ONE universal morality?
Give me one example.
The mistake you're making is to attempt to contrive a 'moral dichotomy,' 'god's' morals and laws as opposed to man's morals and laws – when in fact they're one in the same; what you perceive to be 'god's law' is in fact man's law, concealed by the vestments of myth and religion – but man's law just the same.

We the People have recognized all men are created equal
We have abolished slavery, the Bible never did
We recognize homosexuals as our fellow man
We recognize the equal rights of women
We recognize the need to protect the environment
We have moved away from capital punishment

All without a God telling us us to do it

Slavery was not originally part of God's plan for us. Man did that.
Homosexuals are recognized as fellow man and loved by God and true Christian's. It's the acting on those homosexual feelings that is the sin.
Men and women have Godly roles specified in the Bible. There is a purpose for it.
This Earth is going to Die. It's prophesied.

Move away from capital punishment, but approve of abortions... please explain.

God killed the first born children of Egypt but you are appalled by abortion.....please explain

That's diverting. The question was not explained or answered....

But I WILL explain and answer the one give to me.
God is perfect and unable to sin. If God does or commands someone to do something, he's God, and, it's perfect and sinless.

When men begins to say and determine who lives or dies, that is not of God.

So, please explain why a life on Death Row matter more than an unborn life. Can you?
The reason I can criticize God is because if he is indeed perfect and unable to sin, he is not the God described in the Bible
The God in the Bible is vengeful, egotistical and petty. These are characteristics of man, not a perfect God
This shows what happens when the Bible is written by men envisioning what they think God will be like

It was you who opened the door to legal principles by impugning the laws of man.

And it is very much a topic of debate, that you're frustrated with your inability to advance your position in a reasoned, logical manner is not justification to call it otherwise.

It was you who opened the door to legal principles by impugning the laws of man.

And it is very much a topic of debate, that you're frustrated with your inability to advance your position in a reasoned, logical manner is not justification to call it otherwise.
The laws of man are more fair than the laws of God

It explains why history's most prolific mass murderers were all Godless Progressives

God in the Old Testament is the most prolific mass murderer the world has ever known. In the Old Testament, God kills more people than any one single figure in real life. Even in literature it is hard to recall any character who kills so rapidly and in such tremendous numbers. God is also a mass murderer who is very quick to slay his victims. He can be provoked by something as simple as a complaint, such as in Numbers 16:41-49 when the Israelites tell God he is slaughtering too many of them. In this case, God responds by killed 14,000 additional people.

But God can also be incited to murder by the most minor infraction, such as in 2 Kings 2:23-24, when God sends a bear to disembowel children for teasing a prophet. Sometimes, God kills for seemingly no reason at all, like in Judges 16:27-30 when God imbues Samson with the ability to kill 3,000 Philistines just because Samson wants to. In 2 Kings 1:9-10, God burns 50 men to prove that he is, indeed, God.
God - The World’s Most Prolific Mass Murderer

That's a day's work for a Modern Progressive Mass Murderer
Example?

If there is no God and thus, no afterlife, you just live and you die, you certainly would be dum
Why is that bad thing?

I am more than capable of coming up with my own morality.

Relationships are based on trust and so betraying that trust would be immoral hence I value the trust enough to be moral. I don't need your imaginary being to dictate that morality since I was more than capable of figuring it out for myself.

Ever notice how those who want government to butt out of their lives are more than willing to force their religion into the lives of others, by force of government if needs be?

So no, your imaginary god does not define my morality.

If there is no God and morality is self-defined, there is chaos. Do you think everyone is going to have the same moral code? Probably not.

Also, people don't have control of other people.
God has control. But people just don't like to hear that.

Who is forcing their religion on others? People will strong convictions are going to stand by them, it's called commitment. And demanding to be heard is a right all people have. Even Christians.
Where was God when the natives were pushed out and killed by the Christian nation you inhabit?

We and the Earth we reside on are in a fallen state.
Because we chose our own way and sin over God.

Fallen from what? Show any evidence, other than the Bible to reference the existence of this fall in any way.

Well since the Bible is the most important book in my life, I see no need.
It's what I believe and I stand behind it. I see and have experienced the proof that *I* need.
Maybe I (nor anyone else) has given you the proof *YOU* need or want... but that doesn't make it any less real or true....

So, you don't agree or believe what I believe. You have a right not.
But I have a right to tell the truth...and will continue to do so.

I never said i didn't believe in God. In fact I am a christian. I also know that the stories in the Bible are the best that the writers could do to explain a world they didn't understand and I know the political considerations that the compilers of the KJV went through in deciding what to include. The teachings of Jesus, the basis for Christianity, are a wonderful helpful guide to living an honorable compassionate life, but to take the bible as a completely accurate account of what happened or all that is expected of us is just dumb.

And more real.

And more real.
Nothing is more real than God or the things of God

And more real.
Nothing is more real than God or the things of God
You mean Jesus...

Well it just becomes a question of authority. If God exists then things may or may not be permitted according to heavenly authority. If God does not exists those same things may or may not be permitted but the authority becomes society.

Now here is one thing I will agree with atheists about. One should not require God in order to do the right thing. Nor should we need God to tell us what the right thing is. These should be very simple to figure out in regard to what individual actions benefit society and which do not.

But no....all things do not suddenly become ok in the absence of God

God does not exist but the Law of the Land will hold you accountable for committing crimes.

So no, all things are not permitted even though god does not exist.

You can't prove Go does not exist.
Law of the Land is different all over the world and in different states. It's not absolute.
All things are permitted still - if I want to commit a crime and am willing to pay the price, I am permitted to do it at my own choice.

The Law of God is different all over the world and in different states as well.

Forum List

Back