If God created the universe, why doesn't the Bible mention astronomical objects like black holes...

or dinosaurs....we know they were on the earth but somehow the entire population of the Bible avoided them.

The Septuagint mentions reptiles in Genesis 1:20- And God said , Let the waters bring forth reptiles having life and winged creatures flying above the earth. And God made great whales and every living reptile which the waters brought forth according to their kinds.
The bible is all about how mankind should live, not a science lesson.
The Bible is about the ideas of respect for life, peace, equality, justice, love of neighbor, social responsibility, and holiness of human purpose.

or dinosaurs....we know they were on the earth but somehow the entire population of the Bible avoided them.

The Septuagint mentions reptiles in Genesis 1:20- And God said , Let the waters bring forth reptiles having life and winged creatures flying above the earth. And God made great whales and every living reptile which the waters brought forth according to their kinds.
The Bible is about the ideas of respect for life, peace, equality, justice, love of neighbor, social responsibility, and holiness of human purpose.

Titanic was a love story; somehow the Iceberg became important.

Titanic was a love story; somehow the Iceberg became important.

The Titanic was a tragedy, not a love story like the movie. :sad:

I don't think it was ever God's intention that his prophets should provide us with an astronomy textbook.

Exactly.

The book of genesis is not and never was about the creation of the universe, solar system, earth, plants, animals or the first human beings.

...pulsars, galaxies, etc.? Would think only referencing the Earth, Sun, and Moon but not so much as the other planets of our own solar system curious. Nor does it seem to mention astronomincal phenomenae like shooting stars as asteroid or comets but uses religious jargon to describe them instead of mundane scientific language.

If God did all this, why isn't it covered in the Bible?

Because it's not important or relevant?
God said, love him and love others...
The Bible is about Jesus (yes, even the Old Testament....) and God's redemptive plan for us.
It's not a textbook.

99.99999999999_9% of God's creation isn't this planet or even solar system. You'd think it'd have gotten covered a bit.

Considering the scriptures are the testimony of the prophets and apostles about God and not about His creations why should we accept a silly assumption like that.

The Lord told Moses that he created worlds without end but He would share with Him knowledge only about this world. After all the Lord is trying to teach us about this life and the things concerning this world are far more relevant than worlds we will never see this lifetime.

Besides how are you going to fill a book with information about worlds without end. Without end is endless. All books have to end. Otherwise they wont be much use to us.

"If God created the universe, why doesn't the Bible mention astronomical objects like black holes"

It is evident why, because the bible was written for a primitive audience, by primitives who had no idea of the universe or science, It was the best explanation they could come up with and attributed things to the "supernatural " The god of the gaps

Anyone who takes the bible literally in this day and age is mentally stunted

They had no idea about science? Are you seriously that arrogant?

They CREATED science. The only reason we know as much as we do it because they worked their butts off to learn about the world around them and recorded it.

I think they were talking about the space between your ears.
My brain is so massive that it attracts all information and nothing can get by me? Thanks for the complement. :cool:

You meant to say ego, right?
Says the old hag who wants someone to piss on her. :D

Actually, I'd like for someone to piss on you ... :cool-45:
No thanks, old lady piss must smell like DEATH!!! :D

I'm pretty sure all piss smells bad.

...pulsars, galaxies, etc.? Would think only referencing the Earth, Sun, and Moon but not so much as the other planets of our own solar system curious. Nor does it seem to mention astronomincal phenomenae like shooting stars as asteroid or comets but uses religious jargon to describe them instead of mundane scientific language.

Why would such things be important to your salvation?

My brain is so massive that it attracts all information and nothing can get by me? Thanks for the complement. :cool:

You do a lot of piss wiffing in the Mormon church? Why am I not surprised? :D

You do a lot of piss wiffing in the Mormon church? Why am I not surprised? :D

Nah. I just left my parents basement years ago and realize you can smell piss the second you walk into a public restroom.

I'd rather it be a man anyway.. you know white boys love to do that anyway... (or so I've heard)... ;)
I bet you want to watch and smell. Maybe even get a little splashed on you. :biggrin:

I'd rather it be a man anyway.. you know white boys love to do that anyway... (or so I've heard)... ;)
I bet you want to watch and smell. Maybe even get a little splashed on you. :biggrin:

... obsess much?

The bible would be a much more impressive book if it contained even a little bit of information that couldn't possibly have been known or imagined by the primitive humans of the time.
What, like that [FACT] that the world is circular/sphere, and it is suspended in space - Something like that? If that is the case it might me worth your time to look up Job (26:7) and/or Isaiah (40:22).

Here's yet another religious post by you. Do you ever think about anything else? Total and complete obsession.

Forum List

Back