If God came to you...

Aug 18, 2008
One day you walked into your home and found a person standing there; a person which you instinctively trusted... and that person revealed to you that they were God incarnate; God in human form; that they had heard your queries and had decided for reasons known only to them, to stand before you and convince you...

At last any and all evidence which you requested as 'conclusive, empirical proof was laid out before you...

You could touch it, see it in your mind’s eye; see it in unprecedented detail in as many ways as you could think of; you are presented the answers to questions regarding everything from 'what is time, why are we here, is there a hell and am I on the register; everything from who killed JFK to where Elvis is and that most important of all human puzzlers...'where do socks go when you put them in the washer and they don't come out;' you're given all of the time and answers to all of your questions until you simply can no longer advance a query of doubt... all of the evidence which you require is presented; matter is created from the ether, you’re transported through time, in thousands of dimensions, seeing history play out in thousands of ways...; whatever flitters through your mind is answered instantly…; all of the demonstrations, the insight, the mind blowing facts, the full blown demonstrations of the origin of the universe, presented in a vision, which you learn was actually you witnessing as it happened, having literally been taken back to that point to witness it yourself… as well as in mathematical terms which you were suddenly, instinctively able to grasp... proof, in finality and conclusively that God was precisely as he had been described all of your life; but which you had rejected for whatever reason... with the only condition (to which you agreed) being that you could not call a witness...

What would you do?

Last edited:
I would suspect it was Satan. God does NOT visit us "in the flesh" There are only what 2 instances in the old Testament where he may have revealed himself to a human and even then it does not actually say he did.

Satan would know all those things. I already believe in God.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Well I would diagnose myself as mad because that can never, and will never happen within this physical manifestated universe governed by laws that we did not decide but found out. Based on those laws this will never happen and anyone that says they have seen or felt anything paranormal for that matter, has had thier own brain decieve them because we as humans love to look for patterns, even when they are not there. Im not saying that anyone who has felt or seen a ghost, or has felt god or whatever...is mad. No not at all, they have just been tricked by the power of the cognitive machine known as the human brain and its superior ability to find patterns even when they dont exist.

Well I would diagnose myself as mad because that can never, and will never happen within this physical manifestated universe governed by laws that we did not decide but found out. Based on those laws this will never happen and anyone that says they have seen or felt anything paranormal for that matter, has had thier own brain decieve them because we as humans love to look for patterns, even when they are not there. Im not saying that anyone who has felt or seen a ghost, or has felt god or whatever...is mad. No not at all, they have just been tricked by the power of the cognitive machine known as the human brain and its superior ability to find patterns even when they dont exist.

Oh. Because YOUR "religion" says so, huh? To each his own.

i think perhaps i'd look our creator in the eye and ask....'you really don't give an F***, do you....?'

One day you walked into your home and found a person standing there; a person which you instinctively trusted... and that person revealed to you that they were God incarnate; God in human form; that they had heard your queries and had decided for reasons known only to them, to stand before you and convince you...

>snip<

you could not call a witness...

What would you do?

O.k. Publidude. I'll play...

Bla, Bla, Bla... the proof in the privacy of my own mind is there, and I'm talking to the god described in the King James Bible.

Only one question...

God-dude... Why did you allow so much suffering, slavery and genocide for personal profit at the hands of Western Civilization... the very people you chose to reveal to yourself to and commissioned to bring the rest of the inhabitants of this planet into a knowledge of your 'love'?

Answer me that one Publidude, and you will convert me.

-Joe

"If there is a God of this world and he loves us; I should not like to be him, as the suffering that is its history would surely break my heart."
-Penniless European Philosopher, circa 1800's

Last edited:
O.k. Publidude. I'll play. Bla, Bla, Bla... the proof in the privacy of my own mind is there and I'm talking to the god described in the King James Bible.

Only one question...

God-dude... Why did you allow so much suffering, slavery and genocide for personal profit at the hands of Western Civilization... the very people you chose to reveal to yourself to and commissioned to bring the rest of the inhabitants of this planet into a knowledge of your 'love'?

Answer me that one Publidude, and you will convert me.

-Joe

"If there is a God of this world and he loves us; I should not like to be him as the suffering that is its history would surely break my heart."
-Penniless European Philosopher, circa 1800's

You do not want the answer cause it does not fit with your self loathing and hatred and bigotry.

You do not want the answer cause it does not fit with your self loathing and hatred and bigotry.

I beg your pardon RGS, but I really would appreciate the answer to that question... It is that very question that cost me my very comfortable faith, which I miss terribly, like a parent or mentor taken at an age too young.

There is no bigotry in my heart concerning religion, only historical knowledge and sadness.

-Joe

Last edited:
Oh. Because YOUR "religion" says so, huh? To each his own.

What religion? The organized belief in something?

All I know, is that if there is a GOD, he does not give a shit about the organized belief in ANYTHING. Its a one on one deal. I never said God does not exist, but one thing is for certain......he does not exist in a paranormal, old testamen, punishing, hatefull, propoganda bullying way that everyone thinks he does. God just IS. Not complex, not intelligent, not a being that looks like us conveniently......god just is. Perhaps god is existence itself from the vaccum of space to the human heart that pumps blood which leads to eltro neurons firing off in your brain cells every second of every day creating a feeling of constant existence.

What I have learned through mediation is that if you are absolutely still, not moving, not thinking....only breathing and concentrating on that breath. You can FEEL some of the things that they describe to you in biology class. I can literally feel oxygen breaking through the lungs and into the blood as the carbon dioxide is created as a waste product of this......I can feel the blood then shoot super fast through my body and into my brain every second. You will also notice that inbetween heartbeats, you are losing consciousness very slightly. Your conscious level is like a ball tied to a pattle, every time you hit that paddle and new half second of life is injected into you, and everytime you are at the other end of the string you are about to pass out. The reason you dont feel any of this is because your heart beats so fast and your brain has leftover oxygen and blood to carryover inbetween these periods of no heart beat making it seem like one constant stream of life. You can even notice that your eyes slightly move every heart beat, this is because of the blood and electro neurons being pumped into them, allowing vision every second, ofcourse if there was no heart beat the vision would go dark.

Has anyone ever experienced this?

I beg your pardon RGS, but I really would appreciate the answer to that question... It is that very question that cost me my very comfortable faith, which I miss terribly, like a parent or mentor taken at an age too young.

There is no bigotry in my heart concerning religion, only historical knowledge and sadness.

-Joe

It is called unwavering FREE WILL. God accepted Satan's challenge as to the nature of man and can not interfere in our free will till the end of times. Man, not God does evil through Satan and because some men are just evil.

God has nothing to do with it. He provides us guidance and depends on our willingness to do good and have faith in him and provided his Son to atone for Adam's sin.

You are blaming the wrong entity.

Satan rules Earth and will do so until the final battle. With in that we must show our devotion and faith in goodness not evil. Unfortunately a LOT of men are simply not willing to do so. They want what Satan promises NOW, not what God promises later.

So long as ONE good man remains all is not lost. Fortunately there are a lot of GOOD men. We will be saved. But until that final battle and the judgement after the Paradise is just not here. Satan rules. Satan rules because of Adam and Eve's sin. Satan rules because he claimed Man would never willingly serve God.

Perhaps you should read that Bible again. This time pay attention.

It is called unwavering FREE WILL. God accepted Satan's challenge as to the nature of man and can not interfere in our free will till the end of times. Man, not God does evil through Satan and because some men are just evil.

God has nothing to do with it. He provides us guidance and depends on our willingness to do good and have faith in him and provided his Son to atone for Adam's sin.

You are blaming the wrong entity.

Satan rules Earth and will do so until the final battle. With in that we must show our devotion and faith in goodness not evil. Unfortunately a LOT of men are simply not willing to do so. They want what Satan promises NOW, not what God promises later.

So long as ONE good man remains all is not lost. Fortunately there are a lot of GOOD men. We will be saved. But until that final battle and the judgement after the Paradise is just not here. Satan rules. Satan rules because of Adam and Eve's sin. Satan rules because he claimed Man would never willingly serve God.

Perhaps you should read that Bible again. This time pay attention.

I appreciate your efforts there RGS, but it still doesn't explain Western 'Civilization'. At least not to me.

-Joe

I appreciate your efforts there RGS, but it still doesn't explain Western 'Civilization'. At least not to me.

-Joe

It explains it perfectly. Man is a sinner, power corrupts, more power corrupts even more. Some groups of Christians believe they should have NO dealings with man's Governments as Satan rules earth and those Governments are by that fact under the control of Satan.

Revelations talks about the phases of mans Governments and the rise and fall in series of the different powers.

It explains it perfectly. Man is a sinner, power corrupts, more power corrupts even more. Some groups of Christians believe they should have NO dealings with man's Governments as Satan rules earth and those Governments are by that fact under the control of Satan.

Revelations talks about the phases of mans Governments and the rise and fall in series of the different powers.

Your logic, at least as filtered by The Bible, is sound. However, using it as the explanation for the brutality of Western 'Civilization' must be accompanied by a view of the Holy Spirit as weak and impotent, as He is charged with changing the hearts of men once they are introduced to God the Father through trust in Jesus.

-Joe

Your logic, at least as filtered by The Bible, is sound. However, using it as the explanation for the brutality of Western 'Civilization' must be accompanied by a view of the Holy Spirit as weak and impotent, as He is charged with changing the hearts of men once they are introduced to God the Father through trust in Jesus.

-Joe

God never has claimed ALL men would follow. Nor as I pointed out is Earth ruled by God, Satan RULES here. ANY Government is going to be in part or whole controlled by Satan. Claiming that because Governments were evil that proves God does not care or exist is simply foolish. God does not work through Governments. He works through individuals. And in every age we have had good men that followed God and his word.

God never has claimed ALL men would follow. Nor as I pointed out is Earth ruled by God, Satan RULES here. ANY Government is going to be in part or whole controlled by Satan. Claiming that because Governments were evil that proves God does not care or exist is simply foolish. God does not work through Governments. He works through individuals. And in every age we have had good men that followed God and his word.

My claim, as you call it, is not that evil in the world disproves the existence of the God of The Bible... My thesis is that if the God of The Bible exists; in light of world history - especially that of Western 'Civilization', the very people commissioned to carry His love and plan for redemption to the rest of the world - He is either weak, uncaring or cruel. None of which appeals to me.

-Joe

My claim, as you call it, is not that evil in the world disproves the existence of the God of The Bible... My thesis is that if the God of The Bible exists; in light of world history - especially that of Western 'Civilization', the very people commissioned to carry His love and plan for redemption to the rest of the world - He is either weak, uncaring or cruel. None of which appeals to me.

-Joe

You are judging God on the actions of Governments. He does NOT control Governments. The only Government he will ever control will be when Jesus becomes King of Paradise earth.

Again power corrupts, of course the powerful generally turn out to be the worst sinners of all. And the Powerful run Countries and Governments, including the Large Churches like the the Catholic Church. Satan rules this world, those entities are controlled by Satan.

I do not trust any large powerful organization, be it Government or religious. Power corrupts, Satan feeds on corruption and the desire for power. Good men are corrupted at those kind of levels.

God works on individuals and through small gatherings of friends and believers.

Forum List

Back