If God came back and killed all the first born again, would you still love him?

God created life. He controls the keys of life and death. It's His right and duty to determine when we live and when we die. If He chooses for us to die tomorrow, that's His right. He has purchased us with His blood.

That is why it's wrong to murder. We don't have that authority. God has asked us to let Him control how people leave and enter this world. And why shouldn't He? He has already provided the Resurrection. No matter who we are. No matter whether we believed or didn't. No matter how we died. We will rise from the dead because of the Atonement of Jesus Christ.

So yes. I would still love Him. He's my Father, my God. He spilt His blood on my behalf. He has comforted in my time of misery. And if He requires my life, then I hope I can give it up as He has shown me.

Scary stuff.....hope we don't catch him on a bad day

The fact that He has provided that you will rise from the dead into immortality someday is scary stuff?

I dunno, hard to be thankful to a God who created man just to send 3 out of 4 of them to hell for being non-believers or not following his book close enough.

Surely since he's an all-knowing being he was aware that his creation would be the way it is. There's no way he miscalculated or made a mistake in his creation since he's God.

He didn't like the political leaders of Egypt and that's what caused his brutal infanticide the 1st time, let's say he came back now and didn't like Obama or the leader of some other country and murdered everyone's first born.

Would you still love and worship him?

(Disclaimer: I don't believe in God or that this actually took place, but am assuming so for the sake of argument)

I'd be dead.

He did not like that Egyptians were worshiping false gods (all Egyptians),not just the leaders.
God gave signs to show that he was the only true God and they refused to believe and would not release his people. They were warned and still they did not believe, so he killed the first born, but told his people how to protect theirs.
If you love and believe in God, he would never do this to believers.
Obama is a Christian.
God's people are free now with their own state. So this would never happen now days.

What about the whole 'god hardened pharaoh's heart' so he would not let them go? That's always sounded to me like pharaoh believed, and god changed his mind.

Of course, this whole thread is silly, the OP question ridiculous, so I wouldn't take it amiss if you decline to respond :)

Exactly, you read about Exodus and you're going WTF? God is playing head games with the Egyptians and the Hebrews.

(Disclaimer: I don't believe in God or that this actually took place, but am assuming so for the sake of argument)
For the sake of what argument in particular? What's your goal in this thread?

I like questioning norms and assumptions of our culture, do you have an answer?

You aren't questioning, you're baiting.

There's a difference, and people like you are simply trolls, not *GREAT MINDS* like you think you are.

:lol:

He did not like that Egyptians were worshiping false gods (all Egyptians),not just the leaders.
God gave signs to show that he was the only true God and they refused to believe and would not release his people. They were warned and still they did not believe, so he killed the first born, but told his people how to protect theirs.
Obama is a Christian.
God's people are free now with their own state. So this would never happen now days.

What about the whole 'god hardened pharaoh's heart' so he would not let them go? That's always sounded to me like pharaoh believed, and god changed his mind.

Of course, this whole thread is silly, the OP question ridiculous, so I wouldn't take it amiss if you decline to respond :)

Exactly, you read about Exodus and you're going WTF? God is playing head games with the Egyptians and the Hebrews.

You read ABOUT Exodus?

So tell me, whose work did you read, you nitwit? Have you ever read the real thing?

Brain dead loon.

For the sake of what argument in particular? What's your goal in this thread?

I like questioning norms and assumptions of our culture, do you have an answer?

You aren't questioning, you're baiting.

There's a difference, and people like you are simply trolls, not *GREAT MINDS* like you think you are.

:lol:

I'm not baiting, it's a simple question.

If history repeated itself and God did what he did in the Bible that christianity is based on, would it change the followers of said religions and book minds?

We need to get passed the point where asking religious people questions about their religion is automatically offensive.

The answer is that God is a good guy and would never kill innocent children. God loves infants and puppies and kittens and would never cause them harm

The old testament was written for a simple people with primative values. The way you appealed to them was through fear. If you do not worship this God he will become angry and do harm to you. If you do worship him, he will inflict harm on your enemies

Jesus and the Christians came along and they wanted a God where if you loved him, he would love you back. The way to heaven was not avoiding doing bad things in the ten commandments but by doing good for your fellow man

Like many new religions, they chose to assimilate an old religion. That is why we have two versions of the true nature of God

The problem is that we cannot acknowledge that the bible was written by man with god influencing it. By claiming that man wrote some of it, we leave open the fact that man may have written all of it. That is why we revert to a vengeful God if you question what is written in the Bible

Last edited:
It is called an eye for eye and tooth for tooth, as the Egyptians killed the Jews' children on sight in the case when they got over-populated.

And it is prophecied that there will be another Exodus coming where Jesus will lead His people out of Hades.

So you'd better stay away from His sheep.

Last edited:
I dunno, hard to be thankful to a God who created man just to send 3 out of 4 of them to hell for being non-believers or not following his book close enough.

Surely since he's an all-knowing being he was aware that his creation would be the way it is. There's no way he miscalculated or made a mistake in his creation since he's God.

God just created a mechanism for the producing of humans to stay in Heaven with Him. It is the freewills (Satan and his angels) who exploited the mechanism to produce something else. God just took what belong to Him with Him. And no one cares about how many Satan can produce.

Last edited:
Scary stuff.....hope we don't catch him on a bad day

The fact that He has provided that you will rise from the dead into immortality someday is scary stuff?

Have you taken a look at exodus ? It looks like you had your answer so how about you tell us ?

It is called an eye for eye and tooth for tooth, as the Egyptians killed the Jews' children on sight in the case when they got over-populated.

And it is prophecied that there will be another Exodus coming where Jesus will lead His people out of Hades.

So you'd better stay away from His sheep.

An eye for an eye? That's what Jesus taught?

So those little infants were killed for something their parents did?

Why is abortion wrong again?

First born meant all son's men,teens & chirldren.

So, if you were a first born son who was a teen and you personally believed that the Jews should be set free........you would be killed anyway

or if you were an infant and did not even know what a Jew was.....you still get killed?

Yes. Because he soooooo loved you.:cuckoo:

Well, if you believe those lies, then Im not surprised at all you have a hard time being thankful. You don't know or understand the Great Plan of Happiness.

Well, if you believe those lies, then Im not surprised at all you have a hard time being thankful. You don't know or understand the Great Plan of Happiness.

1.) God is all knowing

2.) The overwhelming majority of humans don't believe in the God described in the Bible.

3.) Not believing in God, not accepting Jesus Christ as your Savior and not asking them for forgiveness will cause you to go to Hell.

Which of those principles is incorrect according to christianity? I guess the 2nd point more deals with the world population and culture, but the other 2 have to do with christianity.

Obama is a Christian.

So the people of an area should be punished for the religious views of their political leader?

That's a pretty disgusting justification.

No, they were punished for breaking one of God's commands:
'You shall have no other gods before Me.'
I'm amazed by self proclaimed non believers questioning God's word. If you don't believe, why do you care?

The point is that he would not do such a thing like that today because he gave his only begotten son to forgive mankind's sins.

But isn't Jesus God? So didn't he in fact do that?

Maybe he gave his only son to seek forgiveness for his own (God's) sins.

No God is God and Jesus is his son. At the end of Revelations it says that Jesus will rule here on earth for 1,000 years and when everything else is done God will come down to earth rule with Jesus
When will the 100 years start he is fucking late already
million times it has been predicted god will come back and rule

million times it has been proven wrong

ill take the odds on it not happening

Last edited:
Obama is a Christian.

So the people of an area should be punished for the religious views of their political leader?

I'm amazed by self proclaimed non believers questioning God's word. If you don't believe, why do you care?

That is not why God punished Egypt. "let my people go"

Obama is a Christian.

I'm interested in religions, I'm not a fan of USC but I'm interested in their team, don't have to be a follower to be interested in something.

I'm amazed that people will rationalize such infanticide and genocide, if you have morals, how can you do this?

(and yes that is why he killed all those egyptians, the pharoah)

Last edited:

I'm interested in religions, I'm not a fan of USC but I'm interested in their team, don't have to be a follower to be interested in something.

I'm amazed that people will rationalize such infanticide and genocide, if you have morals, how can you do this?

If you are truly interested, study God's word. You can learn all you want from one book. They were making false idols/god's and disobeying God's commandments. All the way back to Genesis, all that was asked by God was 1 rule and humans failed. Today it makes that one break look like a very small issue. The beauty in Christianity is that you are not forced to follow God; you have complete freewill to do what ever you wish so those that choose that path, great! I ask again, why would you care or why are some so bothered by Christian beliefs. It is a complete waste of my time to pursue anything I don't believe in. You apparently have much free time.

If you are truly interested, study God's word. You can learn all you want from one book. They were making false idols/god's and disobeying God's commandments. All the way back to Genesis, all that was asked by God was 1 rule and humans failed. Today it makes that one break look like a very small issue. The beauty in Christianity is that you are not forced to follow God; you have complete freewill to do what ever you wish so those that choose that path, great! I ask again, why would you care or why are some so bothered by Christian beliefs. It is a complete waste of my time to pursue anything I don't believe in. You apparently have much free time.

The old passive aggressive, "here's why my views are great and since your views are different I'm going to throw a couple childish insults in at the end because they make me feel better."

Sadly, I was forced to be a catholic for 18 years, forced to go to church, sunday school, and a catholic school for 3 years. I wish I weren't well educated on this stuff, but I was forced to.

You say the beauty of christianity is you aren't forced to follow God, yet these people in the Bible were killed because they didn't, and if you don't follow God you face an eternity in hell.

That's like someone holding a gun to your head and telling you to say "I hate my wife" or I'll kill you. The man holding the gun can't force your vocal chords and mouth to make the sounds he wants to hear, so really just because he'll blow your head off if you don't doesn't mean he can truly force you.

My example actually isn't near as bad as what God forces, the man with the gun can only ruin this life, God says you have to think this way or you'll be faced with infinite torture and eternal damnation.

It is still amazing that people justify this action. Imagine if 75% of the population were all killed tomorrow because they're non-believers, what kind of disgusting monster would be able to justify that?

Forum List

Back