If globull worming happens...

does anybody have any data that shows people moving away from the coast? Surely they are smart enough to run from the rising oceans! :eusa_whistle:

As the dunes erode here on the east coast, I've read about a few homes that fell into the ocean. But people are stupid. They bought ARMS and they will continue to invest in waterfront property.

you look at Venice!
Or the Netherlands. But what the Dutch and the Venetians have done is not practical or affordable for most of the rest of the earth's coastlines.

nope, and Venice is losing the battle, I don't know about the Netherlands. Somebody once said ( I don't remember who) "Water always wins, that's why we have the grand canyon."

you look at Venice!
Or the Netherlands. But what the Dutch and the Venetians have done is not practical or affordable for most of the rest of the earth's coastlines.

nope, and Venice is losing the battle, I don't know about the Netherlands. Somebody once said ( I don't remember who) "Water always wins, that's why we have the grand canyon."
That's a good line.

It's sad about Venice. The Dutch Delta Works system is state of the art and it is truly impressive how much land they have been able to reclaim from the sea. However I still worry about my friends who just built a house 100 yards from a dyke on land that was 5 meters underwater only 5 years ago.

This really does sound like fear mongering from the left.
Greenland will be able to grow crops once again where it was under ice before. This will happen before the next ice age sets in.
People, there is nothing we can do to change what has happened in the past, nor what is going to happen in the future. We adapt....that's what we do.

i guess it balances out then? Greenland will be green again and growing food while every coastal city goes under water....? ;)

That's not going to happen Care. Gore really over exagerated how much the oceans would rise.

Forum List

Back