If gays get married

what do you think will happen?

give me your two cents straights, I wanna hear from ya :cool:

They'll eventually want to get divorced, then they will get to enjoy the repeated court hearings for division of property, child support payments and visitation arrangements,

On second thought, let them get married. That will teach them!

One theory is that less children would be born and then there would not be enough new people getting into the workforce to take care of the older generation after they retire.

So do you think that even though gays can't get married now, when they can, straight people will stop reproducing?

Gay marriage?

thatsjustwrong.jpg

Just kidding. It should be flat out legal but if it has to come about a little slower, via civil unions or somesuch I'd be OK with that. So long as we keep moving in the right direction. (that being a more libertarian one of course :tongue: )

Some yahoo's will protest but we will get there as a country IMHO. It's a generational thing and eventualy the folks that have a problem will just have to deal with it. I could be wrong. I was wrong once in 1995 so, it happens.

I'd say more but that would be three cents worth.

One theory is that less children would be born and then there would not be enough new people getting into the workforce to take care of the older generation after they retire.

So do you think that even though gays can't get married now, when they can, straight people will stop reproducing?

That's not exactly how I meant to say it, has nothing to do with heterosexuals stopping the production of Children, maybe a better way of saying it is, men and women produce offspring, men and men or women and women do not produce off spring, while yes they can adopt, the ratio of Heterosexual Couples and Gay/Lesbian Couples that have children id much different, therefore the Theory I had heard; was if Heterosexual Couples having Children declined, then society would have an offset of new populous to take care of the old.

My question is once and if you get same sex marriage how far behind will the polyamourous people be? It is a valid question.

(and no I wont get into the whole man-animal marry thing, that argument is just silly)

The Alpha male in the marriage will get used to hearing ,"Not tonight I'm sick/tired/have a head ache/or have my period (the feminine fag will find a way to make this excuse fly)!"

I have an idea that will teach those Gays about asking us straights for rights!

Let us legalize only one big giant Polygamist marriage--and force all the gays that wish to get married to join it!!

Whenever one of them wish to gain a divorce, they have to obtain non-copied signatures from all their marriage partners!!

That is right! Death until you part, or until you find over a million homos in hiding!

Listen gays---You can do more in secret than in public, so go back to living in secret! The only thing you can gain from legal marriage are tax breaks. You can create your own marriage practice through contracts and use the Universalist Church system. Also, there is no law against having roommates so what is left?

It has been opined that if gays get married the mouton core of the Earth will erupt in wrathful and righteousness vengeance to claim us all.

I reckon there is something rotten in that core idea.

Still, anyone who has been married knows the real Sodom and Gomorra is not in free love but residing in that iron ring of Darwinian necessity known as the life sentence of holy matrimony.

If our fellow gay brothers and sisters wish to endure this life sentence, I for one say, why not?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back