If Dems Don't Get Filibuster Proof Majority

Orange_Juice

Jul 24, 2008
I wonder if the remaining Republicans will simply turn into the roadblock party and simply try and shut down the government. The government will become disfunctional in the extreme and nothing will get passed leading to economic problems and absolutely nothing getting done on all issues.

If there is a check on the Dimocrats, everyone and not just Repudlicans should be jumping for joy

I wonder if the remaining Republicans will simply turn into the roadblock party and simply try and shut down the government. The government will become disfunctional in the extreme and nothing will get passed leading to economic problems and absolutely nothing getting done on all issues.

We should be so lucky.

From the look of things here, the Rump Republican party will draw its reaiming support from people that simply want to cripple our government and nation. No surprise really

From the look of things here, the Rump Republican party will draw its reaiming support from people that simply want to cripple our government and nation. No surprise really

Your right--it shouldnt come as a surprise to anyone. Are you just know discovering that Obama will not be the king ?

Your right--it shouldnt come as a surprise to anyone. Are you just know discovering that Obama will not be the king ?

You totally missed what I'm saying. I'm asking if the GOP will simply act like a spoiled little kid and try and stop everything the Dems try and do. No thought, no discussion, just simply act like idiots and oppose everything on the grounds government should like it was in 1789, and that all government actions are unconstitutional, etc. That is what the Rump Republicans really want, no government. Will be interesting to see.

You totally missed what I'm saying. I'm asking if the GOP will simply act like a spoiled little kid and try and stop everything the Dems try and do. No thought, no discussion, just simply act like idiots and oppose everything on the grounds government should like it was in 1789, and that all government actions are unconstitutional, etc. That is what the Rump Republicans really want, no government. Will be interesting to see.

What do you think the Democrats have been doing ? Cmon OJ--wake up !

Hey the democrats loved doing that for the first 6 years under Bush, remind me how you just hated that?

But to the point, Obama is a danger to this country. You guys haven't been paying attention at all. He wants prices to GO UP across the board to teach those who can afford it to change how they live. Of course he will supposedly protect the poor. Fuck the middle class in the process and dry up business as he goes.

Obama will, if he enacts his, policies ensure we drop into a bone crushing Depression. And you dumb shits just ignore the reality of that. You do NOT gain revenue by increasing taxes on Business. Histroically it has NEVER happened. The reverse happens, revenue from taxes goes DOWN as business close shop, move, go bankrupt or cut service and manufacturing to afford the new taxes. Jobs are lost and we get more mired then we were to begin with.

Wake the hell up. Obama will ruin what is left of the economy and add billions to the deficit in the process. He will cause a Depression with his tax plans and will see more jobs lost to boot.

Hey the democrats loved doing that for the first 6 years under Bush, remind me how you just hated that?

But to the point, Obama is a danger to this country. You guys haven't been paying attention at all. He wants prices to GO UP across the board to teach those who can afford it to change how they live. Of course he will supposedly protect the poor. Fuck the middle class in the process and dry up business as he goes.

Obama will, if he enacts his, policies ensure we drop into a bone crushing Depression. And you dumb shits just ignore the reality of that. You do NOT gain revenue by increasing taxes on Business. Histroically it has NEVER happened. The reverse happens, revenue from taxes goes DOWN as business close shop, move, go bankrupt or cut service and manufacturing to afford the new taxes. Jobs are lost and we get more mired then we were to begin with.

Wake the hell up. Obama will ruin what is left of the economy and add billions to the deficit in the process. He will cause a Depression with his tax plans and will see more jobs lost to boot.

The Dems have done what???? You mean all those funding requests from Bush for Iraq they have turned down? :eusa_hand:

And Obama will lead us into a Depression? Ummmm....ok Bush has done a fine job of leading us 90% of the way there as it is. Funny how Deficits suddenly matter now :badgrin:

You mean assume the mantle the Dems wore for 12 years. You betcha. What goes around comes around.

Forum List

Back