CDZ If Democrats are so aghast at Trump lying

That's my point. Why are Democrats concerned enough to be on TV every day screaming that Trump is such a liar that he is a danger to democracy, but not concerned enough to make it illegal for politicians to lie to the American people?

There are lies, damn lies and Trump: Trump is a pathological liar, one driven by narcissism and a deep seeded megalomania.

But you still haven't answer my question. Why haven't Democrats simply introduced a bill making it illegal for Trump and or any other politicians to lie to the American people?

There are questions, stupid questions and ridiculous questions. Your's is ridiculous, but I'll consider it for a moment.

I find it ridiculous, since there are white lies ("I really liked that dinner, dear); Damn lies (lies under oath) and Trump Lies (lies which harm others). The Trump lies, and Damn lies have consequences already, the former is forth coming; the latter results in indictments and incarcerations.

So we'll mark you down as "unwilling to answer the question"

I did, in an abstract manner. I suppose that is why you are so confused.

How do you prove a lie, unless their is evidence of a tort, and that harm is proved by clear and concise evidence?

So, Democrats in Congress would love to make it illegal for politicians to lie to the American people, but it's too hard to prove a lie, so they don't propose a bill to make it happen? Is that your contention?

How very strange that no leftists here can explain why if liberals believe Trump lying to the pubic is such a danger to democracy and yet they haven't introduced a bill making it a crime for politicians to lie to the public..........

I'm just kidding, it isn't strange at all.
but are you saying that republicans have no interest in passing a bill that they have to tell the truth to their constituents, and this is all up to Democrats???

I'm fine with a law like that, though Republicans would also have to support it as well. And enough to over ride the president,s veto.

otherwise it is a waste of time.

Plus, how would it be enforced? With giving due process to the one charged, and who determines whether something said was a known lie?

That is not what I said at all. We'll mark you down as "dishonest"
But you are only asking leftists about Dems doing this? Thus my question about Republicans being excluded from your proposal....

Also, any comments on my posted concerns?

or are you simply trolling, with your own agenda?

OMG I can't even believe this has to be explained.

If Democrats were really so concerned about Trump lying to the American people they would make it illegal for him to do so, but they themselves constantly lie to the American people so no way are they going to make it illegal.

Exposure and transparency will prove or exculpate President Trump's Integrity. Time and investigative discipline will provide the evidence to clear him, or to find him guilty of obstruction of justice, and or collusion with Russia.

Consider, Trump has made a promise that he will build a wall and Mexico will pay for it.

Was this a lie?

Yes, if you consider Obama's statement "you can keep you doctor".

Yet, it seems to me to be the same thing, a misjudgment, a hope, and not an intentional effort to mislead the people.

Not for nothing, and you can read my past posts to see this is true, but I don't think broken campaign promises are lies. Whether from a Democrat or a Republican, or from another party. Doesn't matter. Those aren't lies.

but are you saying that republicans have no interest in passing a bill that they have to tell the truth to their constituents, and this is all up to Democrats???

I'm fine with a law like that, though Republicans would also have to support it as well. And enough to over ride the president,s veto.

otherwise it is a waste of time.

Plus, how would it be enforced? With giving due process to the one charged, and who determines whether something said was a known lie?

But you are only asking leftists about Dems doing this? Thus my question about Republicans being excluded from your proposal....

If Democrats were really so concerned about Trump lying to the American people they would make it illegal for him to do so, but they themselves constantly lie to the American people so no way are they going to make it illegal.

Exposure and transparency will prove or exculpate President Trump's Integrity. Time and investigative discipline will provide the evidence to clear him, or to find him guilty of obstruction of justice, and or collusion with Russia.

Consider, Trump has made a promise that he will build a wall and Mexico will pay for it.

Was this a lie?

Yet, it seems to me to be the same thing, a misjudgment, a hope, and not an intentional effort to mislead the people.

Not for nothing, and you can read my past posts to see this is true, but I don't think broken campaign promises are lies. Whether from a Democrat or a Republican, or from another party. Doesn't matter. Those aren't lies.

A lie is a lie. Your comment suggests that Obama lied and Trump didn't, is that correct?

Was this a lie?

A lie is a lie. Your comment suggests that Obama lied and Trump didn't, is that correct?

Again this is off topic. Get back on topic or I will start reporting.

I'll answer the question one last time though . Neither "Mexico will pay for the wall" nor "if you like your doctor you can keep your doctor" are lies. They are campaign promises that weren't kept, for sure. But that doesn't make them lies.

Now, back to the topic. All these Democrats in Congress running around screaming that Trump is such a liar that he is a danger to the country. Now if I truly thought something was a danger to the country, and I could introduce a bill to stop that thing, I would do so. I imagine you would as well. So given that they obviously can't just pass a law "it is illegal for Trump to lie" , they would have to make it illegal for themselves to lie as well. So the question, why not just do that?

For those who think it would help, it would have to be a bipartisan bill to have any value.

There are lies, damn lies and Trump: Trump is a pathological liar, one driven by narcissism and a deep seeded megalomania.

But you still haven't answer my question. Why haven't Democrats simply introduced a bill making it illegal for Trump and or any other politicians to lie to the American people?

There are questions, stupid questions and ridiculous questions. Your's is ridiculous, but I'll consider it for a moment.

I find it ridiculous, since there are white lies ("I really liked that dinner, dear); Damn lies (lies under oath) and Trump Lies (lies which harm others). The Trump lies, and Damn lies have consequences already, the former is forth coming; the latter results in indictments and incarcerations.

How do you prove a lie, unless their is evidence of a tort, and that harm is proved by clear and concise evidence?

So, Democrats in Congress would love to make it illegal for politicians to lie to the American people, but it's too hard to prove a lie, so they don't propose a bill to make it happen? Is that your contention?

No, I don't write gibberish. Lies that harm others already can be punished, civilly and/or criminally. Sometimes only in the court of public opinion, which have consequences too.

No, I don't write gibberish. Lies that harm others already can be punished, civilly and/or criminally. Sometimes only in the court of public opinion, which have consequences too.
Are you incapable of staying on topic?

WHY DO DEMOCRATS NOT INTRODUCE A BILL THAT MAKES IT ILLEGAL FOR POLITICIANS TO LIE TO AMERICANS SINCE THEY ARE CONSTANTLY SCREAMING THAT IT IS TRUMP WHO IS SUCH A LIAR THAT HE IS A DANGER TO THIS COUNTRY?

well the obvious answer is that they are fucking liars and thus want nothing to do with making lying illegal which means they aren't REALLY concerned about Trump's lies.

Let’s get Trump under oath and then see how much his lies matter

Forum List

Back