If cows could talk.......

Aristotle

Sep 9, 2012
Would we eat them?

Assume for a moment (no matter how unlikely) cows can somehow communicate with humans vocally and as easily as how we communicate with each other, would you (meat lovers) continue to eat cows? The reason I say this is because through vocalization of thoughts and emotions these sentient beings may be attributed a higher status than how we perceive them. I know human beings are indeed guilty of anthropocentric ideology when it comes to humans vs animals, but it would make an interesting conversation!

But in the case of a talking cow, does the verbal expression of ideas warrant a cow the same rights as a human?

But in the case of a talking cow, does the verbal expression of ideas warrant a cow the same rights as a human?
If a cow could talk he would naturally have to have a cognitive brain in order to formulate thought. So, yes, I would think he would be on the same level as humans and warrant the same rights. Has science not invented four-legged human beings, yet? :)

They do talk. They really do. I raised a calf after her mother died in a field.

They talk. Oh that they do.

Thank goodness the Donner Party had with them cows that couldn't talk.

Some days I don't know what to do. My hubby U ofT Biology started to describe to me one day what happens when I rip I thought picked but he said ripped the tomato off the vine.

Mother plant. OMG. So I am stuck eating something and being bad.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVgZDQbu6w0]TALKING COW - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back