If corporate taxes are at their lowest rate, and productivity and profits are at...

Disparity in income and wealth is to be expected, but a growing disparity over 20 years is troubling. I'm sure the right and left will have plenty of theories as to cause. However, it's not something that can be ignored. Other nations have tried to do so with disastrous results.

Maybe you can tell us what is troubling about it.
Wealth disparity is good economically and necessary but a long term trend of increasing disparity particular where the lower middle class is falling into poverty is not. For a country that maintains social safety nets which most countries do, increasing poverty means increasing the cost of government but a far greater problem is the distrust that arises between classes which can lead to a of lot of things much worse than increased government spending.

OK. There is no increasing poverty here. Sure, there has been for the last 3 years because of the Obama Recession, but that's an anomaly.
The truth is that working people are getting richer but not as fast as richer people.
So no problem.

WOW, Are you kidding? They are fleecing everyone and taking the money and jobs off shore. Three laws passed in the last 2 weeks that screw your rights. It is the beginning of the end but you fight over who is best, who is to blame etc. while both sides plan and execute screwing everyone. As stated by an author whos name escapes me. How did the Germans get millions of jews in boxcars? They fucking lied to them and that is what this government is doing to us. Please wake up and protect yourself.

Three laws - that you can't name.

From 2001 to 2008, Republicans, working with China and the Chamber of Commerce moved millions of jobs to China and closed thousands of American factories.

it never even occurs to rdean to support what he says. He feels that it is true because he feels it is. Its perfectly brain dead and perfeclty liberal .

In fact, jobs have gone because of liberal unions, liberal deficits, liberal regulations, liberal taxes, and liberal health insurance. Eliminate the liberalism and 20 million new jobs start coming tomorrow.

Maybe you can tell us what is troubling about it.
Wealth disparity is good economically and necessary but a long term trend of increasing disparity particular where the lower middle class is falling into poverty is not. For a country that maintains social safety nets which most countries do, increasing poverty means increasing the cost of government but a far greater problem is the distrust that arises between classes which can lead to a of lot of things much worse than increased government spending.

OK. There is no increasing poverty here. Sure, there has been for the last 3 years because of the Obama Recession, but that's an anomaly.
The truth is that working people are getting richer but not as fast as richer people.
So no problem.
Public release date: 29-Aug-2006
Since 2000, Americans have been getting poorer, and national rates of severe poverty have climbed sharply, according to a study published in the October issue of the American Journal of Preventive Medicine.

Increase in severe poverty in the US has serious implications for public health

I don't know of any working people making under a $100k who are getting rich. In fact, most working people I know are doing damn good just to stay afloat.

So no problem.
Since 2000, Americans have been getting poorer, and national rates of severe poverty have climbed sharply, according to a study published in the October issue of the American Journal of Preventive Medicine.

I don't know of any working people making under a $100k who are getting rich. In fact, most working people I know are doing damn good just to stay afloat.

I'm supposed to take a doctor's word for poverty? Really?
ANd do you know the bank account balances of all the people you interact with?

So no problem.

Yes, when it's based on data collected by US Census Bureau. Those living below the poverty level have increase from 31.5 million in 2000 to 37.2 in 2007. At the end of the Bush presidency in 2008, the number in poverty stood at 39.8 million an increase of 26% during the Bush years.

Poverty - U.S. Census Bureau

Yes, when it's based on data collected by US Census Bureau. Those living below the poverty level have increase from 31.5 million in 2000 to 37.2 in 2007. At the end of the Bush presidency in 2008, the number in poverty stood at 39.8 million an increase of 26% during the Bush years.

Did you bother to ask what caused that? Or is the mere fact enough for you?

For starters, a republican president and congress who were so concerned with waging two wars and cutting taxes, they failed to notice that mean family falling and the poverty rate was rising year after year.

For starters, a republican president and congress who were so concerned with waging two wars and cutting taxes, they failed to notice that mean family falling and the poverty rate was rising year after year.

With 5% unemployment this seems unlikely. More likely, the number of immigrants, legal and otherwise, rose.

Forum List

Back