If Congress doesn't act, your taxes will go up

The Democrats have tried to compromise. The Republicans won't. They're protecting their jobs, bottom line, by NOT compromising with those no good liberals. So their gridlock will make Bush's tax cuts go away. But I think that's AFTER they gutter swabs are all reelected.

When have they tried? Do you mean when democrats went on conference call to state any cut as extreme before any negotiations started?

Oops, I just trashed your BS

Thats what your POTUS is telling ya, I know. But he always seens to forget to add that his own party in congress refuses to vote for the bill, as it will for a $9 triilion deficit on us, and undoubtedly cause us a total colapse of our economy.

Figures, they have NO problems with calling for taxes be RAISED on others (the RICH), but when it is going to HIT them, they bitch..

:lol:

Figures, they have NO problems with calling for taxes be RAISED on others (the RICH), but when it is going to HIT them, they bitch..

It seems conservatives aren't against taxes, as long as the taxes are on the middle class.
Protect the rich.

It seems conservatives aren't against taxes, as long as the taxes are on the middle class.
Protect the rich.

yeah yeah sure.
myself I like to see taxes BE FAIR to EVERYONE. not just single out a certain segment of the citizens, which you LIBERALS don't have a problem with. that we see.
cigarettes is good example. just who do you think THOSE taxes hurt the worst, THE RICH?
Yet that was the first thing the Obama did when he was elected, raised cigarette taxes and you all CHEERED.
http://www.chacha.com/question/how-much-did-obama-raise-the-cigarette-tax-ti

Last edited:

You just hit on the new bumper sticker slogan.

TAX THE RICH, OR WE BITCH.

AS IF THEY NEEDED A REASON...........

Find out by how much.

Jobs Act Tax Calculator | The White House

There is not a single good reason – not one – why Congress should stop there. Just like that tax credit will help ensure returning service members can find a job, the American Jobs Act helps put Americans back to work by jump starting the private sector and creating an economy that’s built to last. Congress ought to pass the rest of our proposals, too.

And Congress should start with protecting your paycheck.

Let me lay out the facts: Today, because of our tax cuts, everyone who collects a paycheck contributes 4.2 percent of their wages in payroll taxes. But if Congress doesn't act, that tax will go up two percentage points, to 6.2 percent. That might not sound like much, but to an average family, that's a difference of almost $1,000 a year.

:eusa_eh:

So let me get this straight [you put de lime in de coconut] - .... they won't raise taxes on the wealthy, but they will on us??

WTF man. Seriously. WTF.

yea, you're telling me, next year my payroll tax will go up 1.45% and ALL investment income will have a 3.8% surcharge.....

-whats that you say?

-why, Obamacare of course.

-Oh you didn't know that? noooooooo shit:rolleyes:

Find out by how much.

There is not a single good reason – not one – why Congress should stop there. Just like that tax credit will help ensure returning service members can find a job, the American Jobs Act helps put Americans back to work by jump starting the private sector and creating an economy that’s built to last. Congress ought to pass the rest of our proposals, too.

And Congress should start with protecting your paycheck.

Let me lay out the facts: Today, because of our tax cuts, everyone who collects a paycheck contributes 4.2 percent of their wages in payroll taxes. But if Congress doesn't act, that tax will go up two percentage points, to 6.2 percent. That might not sound like much, but to an average family, that's a difference of almost $1,000 a year.

So let me get this straight [you put de lime in de coconut] - .... they won't raise taxes on the wealthy, but they will on us??

WTF man. Seriously. WTF.

The rate was always 6.2%, they just lowered it last year as a gimmick. Also the rich will pay the same additonal 2%, up to $106,000 that you will.

Everyone also forgets the other 6.2% your company has to pay, or you have to pay if you are self employed.

Nice attempt at a cheap shot though.
So if you make $100K, it's 6.2%. If you make $10M, it's .06%. So this a tax the poor plan to give them incentive to get rich.

The Democrats have tried to compromise. The Republicans won't. They're protecting their jobs, bottom line, by NOT compromising with those no good liberals. So their gridlock will make Bush's tax cuts go away. But I think that's AFTER they gutter swabs are all reelected.

You mean like when they were behind locked doors?

:fu:

Find out by how much.

WTF man. Seriously. WTF.

The rate was always 6.2%, they just lowered it last year as a gimmick. Also the rich will pay the same additonal 2%, up to $106,000 that you will.

Everyone also forgets the other 6.2% your company has to pay, or you have to pay if you are self employed.

So if you make $100K, it's 6.2%. If you make $10M, it's .06%. So this a tax the poor plan to give them incentive to get rich.

No, its because once you hit 106k a year, your return is capped, so someone making 106k gets the same benefit someone making $10M because they pay the same amount in.

So if we lift the cap on the payroll tax, shouldn't we lift the cap on how much a person makes in benefits?

BDBoop, where are you? You abandoned your thread. Why? You asked questions to which we responded. Can we assume that our answers satisfied your questions and this is no longer an issue for you........or are you just chicken in the face of reality?

Last edited:
I don't want to pay another $40/month. That's all. Anybody who is already living from paycheck to paycheck is going to have a tough time with this one.

Oh, so you're perfectly ok with other people's money being taken from them, just not you. Do I have that right?

No, its because once you hit 106k a year, your return is capped, so someone making 106k gets the same benefit someone making $10M because they pay the same amount in.

So if we lift the cap on the payroll tax, shouldn't we lift the cap on how much a person makes in benefits?
Wasn't thinking. I agree with you.

Boopsie? I see you thanked Flopper, so I know you are still watching the thread. Cat got your tongue? Afraid to respond to the truth you were presented?

Forum List

Back