If Christians are allowed to discriminate against gays ...

Should gays be allowed to discriminate against Christians?

• Seems fair to me.

• No, only religious people should be protected.

Results are only viewable after voting.
As you see the far left missed the point of what the court decided.

It decided that the Governmnet over reached!

7 - 2 just goes to show that this was about government over reach and nothing else.

I really can't understand why someone would want to ruin their life with a lifelong commitment to a relationship.

Not very many Gay Marriages last that long.
Is there enough data yet to make that assertion? Having been legalized nationally only 3 years ago--I would think we need a longer baseline. In the years previous to 2015 some States did have forms of legalized gay marriage--again, is the sampling representative enough to draw a conclusion?

Anecdotally, I've know gay couples who've been together for 30+ years--but they were not married for most of them...laws being what they were.

I really can't understand why someone would want to ruin their life with a lifelong commitment to a relationship.

Not very many Gay Marriages last that long.
Is there enough data yet to make that assertion? Having been legalized nationally only 3 years ago--I would think we need a longer baseline. In the years previous to 2015 some States did have forms of legalized gay marriage--again, is the sampling representative enough to draw a conclusion?

Anecdotally, I've know gay couples who've been together for 30+ years--but they were not married for most of them...laws being what they were.

Gay marriages track the same as regular marriages. Just like hetero couples, there are cases of domestic violence, and infidelity. Big whoop. That is human nature. My sister has been married to her partner for over 12 years and they were together for 5 years before that. Most of their gay friends have the same sort of stable relationships. Guess what, so do my wife and I. Our friends are like us so their marriages are stable and long lasting. Do we argue? Of course. Who doesn't. Like I said, it is human nature.

... then gays should be allowed to discriminate against Christians.

Agree or Disagree?

This is what is going to happen, every group is now going to shun and deny service to anyone they don't like. Orange turd will be ecstatic.

Agree or Disagree?

This is what is going to happen, every group is now going to shun and deny service to anyone they don't like. Orange turd will be ecstatic.

A ridiculous assertion. Extremists of all stripe most certainly will. Fortunately extremists are a small minority.

Agree or Disagree?

Of course they can. They already do in many cases. it is natural to not wish to interact with those who dislike you for whatever reason.

Should religious affiliation be removed from the protected classes list?

The very concept of "protected classes" defies the precept of so-called "equality".

So, do away with the protected classes list. Treat everyone equally, everyone goes home happy.

Or not.

You are 100% correct, you cannot give some "classes" more protection and then claim everyone has equal protection.

The anti-discrimination rules of the Constitution apply to the Govt only, they were never meant for private citizens.

Is it wrong to force someone to violate deeply held non-religious beliefs? Should it be only religious beliefs that get that kind of protection?

Religion is explicitly protected under the First Amendment. So Constitutionally, religious beliefs are more protected than non-religious beliefs.

I take freedom of conscience as being strongly implied in the First Amendment. If one has a sincere, deeply-held moral value, then it is certainly wrong to compel that person to violate that value, even if it is not religious-based.

The very concept of "protected classes" defies the precept of so-called "equality".
Indeed, it makes members of those groups “more equal than others”, and makes a mockery of the Equal Protection clause of the Fourteenth Amendment.
Social engineering/micromanaging may (and I said "may") have altruistic underpinnings - some folks just "feel" so good about themselves doing it - but it creates as many problems as it claims to solve. They don't care, though, they just like the control.

Social engineering/micromanaging may (and I said "may") have altruistic underpinnings - some folks just "feel" so good about themselves doing it - but it creates as many problems as it claims to solve. They don't care, though, they just like the control.

Yup... we need to end "Social Engineering" and go back to the days when THIS was considered okay.

upload_2018-6-5_5-37-11.jpeg

upload_2018-6-5_5-37-39.jpeg

upload_2018-6-5_5-37-56.jpeg

Damn do-gooders.. messing it up for white people.

Agree or Disagree?

No such thing as a 'gay, you must mean mentally ill, neurotic,homosexual fetishists, and they already discriminate against Christians and suffer no legal consequences for it, while you and most other sociopaths and deviants get special legal protections and exemptions for your bigotry and hate crimes.

You must feel wonderful about your support of a 'Gay Rights' movement that was founded by a pedophile Communist and had such fine groups as NAMBLA openly loved and embraced in its leadership for decades.

Many in the LGBT community go well beyond discrimination. It is agree with us or else. Of course sometimes it backfires, like the chic-fil-a boycott.

Forum List

Back