If Bush Had Done This.....

When someone is actively engaged in violent acts against our nation and it's citizens, we do whatever we can to stop those actions. Doing otherwise is insanity. If that person is under the protection of another nation, then, irregardless of his or her citizenship, we take them out.

President Obama's record on terrorists is excellent. He has effectively dismantled Al Quida, and gotten Bin Laden.

In fact, there is another poster whose sig line is 'Bin Laden is dead, and GM is alive'. That could serve as a re-election slogan for President Obama.

I think what is purposely being missed here is the distinction between Allegations, and proof. Also, the distinction between Targeted Assassination and Capture. Capture will potentially add to Intelligence Information. Dead Men tell no Tales. Still, New Precedents are being set, with No Question, No Balance Of Power, or Oversight. The Left swallowing it all hook, line, and sinker. Why is that, again?

Regardless of whether or not there is proof, we are supposed to be guaranteed a trial. The scary thing is that it is even suppose to be a fair trial. The O.A. just took one more step in regards to ending that guarantee.

Immie

The problem is that the government doesn't just get to SAY someone is planning terrorism and then kill them. That's the whole reason we have a legal system in the first place.

What's to stop them from doing it to ANYONE they deem simply a threat to the status quo? If we're going to accept their word based on top secret information to begin with, and cheer assassinations, they're going to realize they can do it to anyone and get away with it.

This is how totalitarianism becomes reality. We give the government small little advancements over time until one day we wake up and realize we gave them everything.

you are an honest man, your questions are worth pondering, though we personally would probably not agree on how we solve this.

When someone is actively engaged in violent acts against our nation and it's citizens, we do whatever we can to stop those actions. Doing otherwise is insanity. If that person is under the protection of another nation, then, irregardless of his or her citizenship, we take them out.

President Obama's record on terrorists is excellent. He has effectively dismantled Al Quida, and gotten Bin Laden.

In fact, there is another poster whose sig line is 'Bin Laden is dead, and GM is alive'. That could serve as a re-election slogan for President Obama.

I think what is purposely being missed here is the distinction between Allegations, and proof. Also, the distinction between Targeted Assassination and Capture. Capture will potentially add to Intelligence Information. Dead Men tell no Tales. Still, New Precedents are being set, with No Question, No Balance Of Power, or Oversight. The Left swallowing it all hook, line, and sinker. Why is that, again?

Regardless of whether or not there is proof, we are supposed to be guaranteed a trial. The scary thing is that it is even suppose to be a fair trial. The O.A. just took one more step in regards to ending that guarantee.

Immie

Terrorism has instilled so much fear in our society that we're willing to put it into a whole different category and remove due process from the equation.

One day it's going to just simply be protestors who are considered terrorists, and people will be cheering for their assassination if they don't agree with what they're protesting against.

as a general note; they would have slaughtered Bush on this......anyone with a shred of fair decency and sentience knows this........

Guys like Glenn Greenwald, or Jonathan Chait or David Corn ( these are well established lefty writers/personalities of note) who defended ( or advocated is a better word) stringent defense for the likes of john walker lindh or jose padilla, or demanding rights we here to fore held for citizens only ala defendants in Terrorist cases were not shy about their beliefs BUT they are consistent......They had issues with Qaddafi winding up with a hole in his head, and as we have here, they also have issues with 'free range' predators and whats amounts to signing death warrants in advance and behind closed doors, for US citizens.

They truly beleive that its wrong, no matter who is in office, I may not agree with them, but at least I can talk to them....and when an active/former member says I would fight and die for your right to say what you beleive even its a contrary opinion to mine.... its them we am referring to......

Here? :eusa_hand:we have the usual lefty suspects who will now pretend the previous 10 years never occurred, find every excuse to make, build simply fantabulous smoke screens as to why somehow here now, 'its different'... ....or just flat out say fuck it.....

of course the likes of sallow et al are on board, they have exactly zero intellectual honesty or integrity......*shrugs* and they aren't the ones the service member was referring to, they can rot.

Immie

I agree. We have Despotism trying to be explained after the fact.

you know why;)

thats how the world goes round, some afghan funeral director is making some bucks compliments of Raytheon....commerce truly knows no bounds..

I believe this has all been made possible by judges appointed by bush. If republicans want to scream, scream at bush.

What say you all of Lincoln, who violated the constitution repeatedly

Forum List

Back