If being a Christian was against the law would there be enough evidence to convict you?

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
When I first heard this question, I was floored. How was my life different because I was a Christian?

Well, to state the obvious, I attend Mass on Sunday.

But what else?

I suppose my imperfect attempts to obey the Ten Commandments are other things I do to be a Christian.

But really, have I made deep, radical change in my life because I am a Christian?

That's a question all Christians should ponder.

When I first heard this question, I was floored. How was my life different because I was a Christian?

But what else?

I suppose my imperfect attempts to obey the Ten Commandments are other things I do to be a Christian.

But really, have I made deep, radical change in my life because I am a Christian?

You mean there's more to piety than the reception hall gossip and socializing? You're kidding right? :)

But what else?

You mean there's more to piety than the reception hall gossip and socializing? You're kidding right? :)
There should be.

We live in a country that requires absolutely no amount of suffering or persecution to be a Christian.

This is a great blessing, but also a curse, because American Christians don't appreciate what they have.

While millions of Christians are martryed in other lands, we American Christians grumble that we have to get up early on Sunday morning to go to Mass.

But what else?

There should be.

We live in a country that requires absolutely no amount of suffering or persecution to be a Christian.

This is a great blessing, but also a curse, because American Christians don't appreciate what they have.

While millions of Christians are martryed in other lands, we American Christians grumble that we have to get up early on Sunday morning to go to Mass.
True, Christians in the US are not martyred as they are elsewhere in the world. Meanwhile, we each have our cross to bear, what we suffer and how we handle that suffering. Personally, I don't grumble about getting up early for Mass. My cross is my own and one that I must carry everyday. That can be said of all Christians. Perhaps Blackrook, you are assuming all American Christians have the same cross. That is not so.

As to your OP question. Consider, "they'll know we are Christians by our love."

But what else?

There should be.

That's also true to large extent of large chunks of American Jew and Muslims. Especially the ones that don't understand the cultures and countries where their religion is a target on their backs.

over all, the world has not changed at all since the supposed birth of god's son
..in fact, 2000 years after, the world had the most:
destruction
rape
murder
robbery
killing
etc

One way my life is probably different is that Jesus taught that we should love and help people without our left hand being aware of what our right hand is doing. The question ever before me is, "What can I do to help without bringing notice to myself?"

And those convicted would get eaten by a pack of starving lions? :happy-1:

Depends on the jury. There are some people have some strange ideas of what a Christian is.

Forum List

Back