If Barack Obama was not born in the U.S., would you still vote for him?

42Presidents

CFT #1
Jul 28, 2008
Nashville, TN
Not saying this is the case but just hypothetical, if we found out that Barack Obama was actually not born in the U.S. but say Indonesia, would folks still vote for him? I'm curious to hear from the Democrat and Independent voices out there.

Shit no.
Though I don't think people who are born in other countries can run for the presidency. Can they? Or maybe they just can't run if they aren't born American citizens. I guess a citizen can be born in another country.

But the huge monster in the corner with Obama is he's being duplicitous about his birth and place of origin, when most likely there's no cause for it at all except he's just a duplicitous lying sack of communist crap.

Last edited:
Shit no.
Though I don't think people who are born in other countries can run for the presidency. Can they? Or maybe they just can't run if they aren't born American citizens. I guess a citizen can be born in another country.

But the huge monster in the corner with Obama is he's being duplicitous about his birth and place of origin, when most likely there's no cause for it at all except he's just a duplicitous lying sack of communist crap.

No, you can't be President in the U.S. if you were born in another country.

And the point of this would be? :eusa_shifty:

If you kept up with the speculation out there, there are some that suggest Obama was not born in the U.S.. That being simply because there hasn't been a significant amount of evidence to show he was truly born in the U.S.

So my question is, if he wasn't born in the U.S., would people care? Assuming you could still vote for the guy as President, would that sway Dems or Independents one way or the other?

If you kept up with the speculation out there, there are some that suggest Obama was not born in the U.S.. That being simply because there hasn't been a significant amount of evidence to show he was truly born in the U.S.

So my question is, if he wasn't born in the U.S., would people care? Assuming you could still vote for the guy as President, would that sway Dems or Independents one way or the other?

You said "hypothetical". Then answered your own question to Allie's post.
He could NOT be president if he was not born in the US!

So again, I ask ... what's the point in asking this?

You said "hypothetical". Then answered your own question to Allie's post.
He could NOT be president if he was not born in the US!

So again, I ask ... what's the point in asking this?

Hypothetical is the key. Its a hypothetical question, if you could vote for him, regardless of whether he was born in the U.S. or not, would you?

Currently we do have a law that doesn't permit us to have a presidential candidate that is born outside of the U.S. regardless if they are an American citizen or not. If say a year into Obama's presidential term, we find out he wasn't born in the U.S., would you be bothered by that? Would you want to change the law to allow American citizens to be President, regardless if they were born in the U.S.?

Natural-born citizen

Who is a natural-born citizen? Who, in other words, is a citizen at birth, such that that person can be a President someday?

The 14th Amendment defines citizenship this way: "All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside." But even this does not get specific enough. As usual, the Constitution provides the framework for the law, but it is the law that fills in the gaps.

Currently, Title 8 of the U.S. Code fills in those gaps. Section 1401 defines the following as people who are "citizens of the United States at birth:"

Anyone born inside the United States
Any Indian or Eskimo born in the United States, provided being a citizen of the U.S. does not impair the person's status as a citizen of the tribe
Any one born outside the United States, both of whose parents are citizens of the U.S., as long as one parent has lived in the U.S.
Any one born outside the United States, if one parent is a citizen and lived in the U.S. for at least one year and the other parent is a U.S. national

Any one born in a U.S. possession, if one parent is a citizen and lived in the U.S. for at least one year
Any one found in the U.S. under the age of five, whose parentage cannot be determined, as long as proof of non-citizenship is not provided by age 21
Any one born outside the United States, if one parent is an alien and as long as the other parent is a citizen of the U.S. who lived in the U.S. for at least five years (with military and diplomatic service included in this time)
A final, historical condition: a person born before 5/24/1934 of an alien father and a U.S. citizen mother who has lived in the U.S.

Anyone falling into these categories is considered natural-born, and is eligible to run for President or Vice President. These provisions allow the children of military families to be considered natural-born, for example.

More: Constitutional Topic: Citizenship - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

Yeah, that's sort of what I thought. So long as you're still a citizen, I don't think it matters where you're born.

I think he's hiding this because one of his parents weren't citizens.

Wasn't a citizen. Forgive bad grammar. I woke up this morning thinking it was Saturday.

Yeah, that's sort of what I thought. So long as you're still a citizen, I don't think it matters where you're born.

It's not just that they are a citizen but a natural citizen. There's a difference. Take Arnold Schwarzenegger, he's a citizen but not a natural citizen. He can't be pres due to it. Natural is from birth. Both McCain and Obama are natural citizens.

He was born in the USA so it doesn't matter. He was born in Hawaii. It was already a state by the time he was born.

It's a stupid question. A person born in a different country CAN'T RUN FOR PRESIDENT, you senile bag! So of course NOBODY COULD VOTE FOR HIM.
Ooooo! I like my new name. Senile Bag - works for me. But please use cap's when calling me that. :lol:

So ..... I have no answer to your question, becaue I actually agree with Allie :eusa_shifty: NOBODY COULD VOTE FOR HIM! :doubt:

Let's throw another worm in the can, shall we? :lol:

Anchor babies - children born in the United States to illegal alien mothers - THE AMERICAN RESISTANCE FOUNDATION

Forum List

Back