If Bammers loses, what will be the most likely reason in your opinion?

Paul Itical

Rookie
Jun 15, 2008
Washington State
I believe he's already lost and the reason why is there is nothing to him, he's an empty suit and 100% hype. The media will continue to shove him down your throat every day, all day but to no avail. By the time we begin voting, people will have had their fill of Obamania. I live in a overwhelmingly democratic area and even some of the democrats are tired of seeing this nobody senator 24/7 and the media's constant fawning over him.

Obama is self-censoring himself. If we knew what he was really up to, we'd be less likely to vote for him. This is not the year for Nader, and I despise the Republicans, so I guess I will have to vote for the big "O":eusa_whistle:

Obama is self-censoring himself. If we knew what he was really up to, we'd be less likely to vote for him. This is not the year for Nader, and I despise the Republicans, so I guess I will have to vote for the big "O":eusa_whistle:

But you will vote for him anyhow. That is priceless!:clap2:

If Obama loses it will be for the same reason Kerry lost, Gore won by the way. It will be because peripheral issues have clouded real issues. The minds of weak and uneducated are easily controlled by the machinery of spin politics: Fear, abortion, taxes, unknown qualities, will all be made to look like key issues while the key issues, peace, healthcare, a living wage, social security, medicare, manufacturing, transportation and our deteriorating infrastructure will be secondary or not stressed at all. We have had 30 years of republican rule, sometimes I think of Bill Clinton as rep too, and you see the failure in job loss and the fact we are now a third world nation in terms of health among other things.

The Existentialist Cowboy: Bush's GOP Legacy: A Third World America

* Median household incomes are falling
* The number of Americans without health insurance rose by 5.7 percent to 43.6 million individuals.
* The number of people living below the poverty line ($18,392 for a family of four) climbed to 12.1 percent — 34.6 million people.
* Wages make up the majority of income for most American families. As "Downward Mobility," NOW's report on workers and wages illustrates, many American workers are facing corporate efforts to cut pay and benefits, which could lead to more American families struggling to stay out of poverty.

A vote for John McCain is a vote against the fundamental principle of America, the right of the individual to lead their life privately without the government interfering.

If Bammers loses, what will be the most likely reason in your opinion?

Because everyone or at least a majority finally saw thru his smoke screen. He's not qualified. He is nowhere even close to a moderate. He is so far left in the spectrum that he could not see the middle without a radio telescope. He has zero experience. He has no accomplishments under his belt.

Because everyone or at least a majority finally saw thru his smoke screen. He's not qualified. He is nowhere even close to a moderate. He is so far left in the spectrum that he could not see the middle without a radio telescope. He has zero experience. He has no accomplishments under his belt.

All those are problems, yes... and the fact that he's black will be a factor, too. Although his complete lack of qualification to be president is inseparable from his blackness: no white man with the same resume would be standing in his shoes now.

All those are problems, yes... and the fact that he's black will be a factor, too. Although his complete lack of qualification to be president is inseparable from his blackness: no white man with the same resume would be standing in his shoes now.

His qualification or lack thereof to be President have NOTHING to do with the color of his skin. What a stupid thing to say.

IF he were to lose it would be because of the huge spin factor called FEAR. I saw this today on the morning news talk shows. It's already begun. Who is more capable "if" another attack is launched?
The same old, tired Republican rhetoric; the same old make everything political and put a favorable spin on it.
Midcan has it right. The main issues will be back-burnered just as they were in 2004: the run-up to Iraq excuses had been unraveled; the Plame matter was being investigated but a main issue became gay marriage.
May I ask why McCain will lose?

Everyone who thinks a loss will be because people are duped, scared, or otherwise stupid are way off track. The country is split fairly well, liberal v. conservative, with some swing voters in the middle. If Obama loses it will be because the swing voters aren't as comfortable with how far to the left he is. But I think he's doing a decent job of making sure they're comfortable with him.

IF he were to lose it would be because of the huge spin factor called FEAR. I saw this today on the morning news talk shows. It's already begun. Who is more capable "if" another attack is launched?
The same old, tired Republican rhetoric; the same old make everything political and put a favorable spin on it.

You just described the Democrat machine to a "t". Look at what YOU are pedalling.

Midcan has it right. The main issues will be back-burnered just as they were in 2004: the run-up to Iraq excuses had been unraveled; the Plame matter was being investigated but a main issue became gay marriage.
May I ask why McCain will lose?

In other words, you base you base your partisanship on not much of anything. None of those 3 issues has anything to do with the 2008 Presidential issue except perhaps gay marriage.

You're trying to sell exactly what you are accusing the right of selling.

His qualification or lack thereof to be President have NOTHING to do with the color of his skin.

Officially and on the record, no, it shouldn't. But behind that curtain in the voting booth, where no one can see who you voted for, you know it will.

Everyone who thinks a loss will be because people are duped, scared, or otherwise stupid are way off track. The country is split fairly well, liberal v. conservative, with some swing voters in the middle. If Obama loses it will be because the swing voters aren't as comfortable with how far to the left he is. But I think he's doing a decent job of making sure they're comfortable with him.

I don't think there's enough informed voters in this country, that how far left or right someone is will be a factor. How many of those swing voters even know what left and right is?

His qualification or lack thereof to be President have NOTHING to do with the color of his skin.

His blackness -- or half-blackness -- has everything to do with his present status as the Democratic nominee for president. I'm sure you're not seriously disputing that. No white man would have been admitted to Harvard Law with his credentials. No white man would have been selected law review editor with his accomplishments. No white man would have been elected to his Illinois state senate district. I doubt he'd have been elected U.S. Senator without those perches, and obviously, the rest builds on everything else.

I'm sure Barack Obama has a good measure of personal smarts and integrity, and I know he's a good political gamesman. But so do a lot of people in America. The rocket fuel for his rise hasn't been those qualities, but his exotic racial blend.

Barack Obama is basically a black George W. Bush. Bush never would have risen to the presidency without the pedestals he was born on.

Forum List

Back