If atheists think that science can replace religion please explain how that works exactly...

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
...I mean, if you believe in science instead of religion, what happens to you after you die?

Because, that's really the question everyone wants the answer to, and science can't answer it.

Except to say, well, your body is either buried and rots in the ground, or you are burned and smoke goes into the air and then all you are is ashes in an urn.

Science and Religion have different purposes, provide for different human needs.

There is no reason they can't co-exist in perfect harmony.

Last edited:
...I mean, if you believe in science instead of religion, what happens to you after you die?

Because, that's really the question everyone wants the answer to, and science can't answer it.

Except to say, well, your body is either buried and rots in the ground, or you are burned and smoke goes into the air and then all you are is ashes in an urn.
Neither can religion answer it, except religion lies about it.

You assume that because you don't agree with what a person says, he must be lying?

The same thing that happens before you are born---you don't exist and everybody else's life goes on.

The same thing that happens before you are born---you don't exist and everybody else's life goes on.
So, it makes no difference if I live a life feeding the poor and tending to the sick or a life stepping on others to get rich and famous?

So, it makes no difference if I live a life feeding the poor and tending to the sick or a life stepping on others to get rich and famous?

It makes no difference to me.

You assume that because you don't agree with what a person says, he must be lying?
No, he is lying about KNOWING.

Ask the chosen one, Tramp!

It doubtless makes a difference, though it probably isn't the difference most often conceived of.

If you feed the poor and tending to the sick, you can find peaceful sleep at night,

if you want to live a life rich and famous stepping on others, you will not sleep well, only sociopaths do.

Not in the grand scheme of things

That’s a Hindu thing except they believe in the end nothing will satisfy us except God.

Science tries to explain the universe we live in.

Religion stopped looking to explain the universe around us after someone invented a sky fairy.

That’s a Hindu thing except they believe in the end nothing will satisfy us except God.

It is more or less the Christian thing too. You just have to be dipped in water.

It is more or less the Christian thing too. You just have to be dipped in water.
Holy water.

????!!!!!!-what?
religion can't answer it either
religion is just BELIEFS, not facts--not real

New Topics

Forum List

Back