If Atheist ruled America

Atheists do rule America.

Lawmakers are pretty smart people. I'd be willing to bet dollars to donuts that less that 5% of "Christian" politicians actually believe life began in an enchanted forest.

They just fake it.

I have no fear of atheists.

Most of those that I know are far more ethical and moral people than most of the folks I know who wear their religions on their sleeves.

I concur with you strictly in your opinion of the comparative merits of atheism and demonism, and really see nothing but the latter in the being worshipped by many who think themselves Christians.

-Thomas Jefferson, letter to Richard Price, Jan. 8, 1789 (Richard Price had written to TJ on Oct. 26. about the harm done by religion and wrote "Would not Society be better without Such religions? Is Atheism less pernicious than Demonism?")

For me, it's black and white. We either believe His Word and know Him...or we don't. One of Jesus Christ's Name is the Word of God. Everything is wrapped up in Jesus Christ, who is our lives. We are either in Christ, or we are not. We are either born again by His Spirit, or we are not. All the while, the LORD is drawing us to Him as He loves us so much. His Word (below - 1 John 4:2-4) says that the spirit of the antichrist is still with those who do not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh. I was there too for a long time, we never know how or when the Lord will work on each soul and His Revelation of Himself to us comes to light.

1 John 4
2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is He that is in you, than he that is in the world.

John 3:36
He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

My only point was non-believers have ruled america.

I concur with you strictly in your opinion of the comparative merits of atheism and demonism, and really see nothing but the latter in the being worshipped by many who think themselves Christians.

-Thomas Jefferson, letter to Richard Price, Jan. 8, 1789 (Richard Price had written to TJ on Oct. 26. about the harm done by religion and wrote "Would not Society be better without Such religions? Is Atheism less pernicious than Demonism?")

For me, it's black and white. We either believe His Word and know Him...or we don't. One of Jesus Christ's Name is the Word of God. Everything is wrapped up in Jesus Christ, who is our lives. We are either in Christ, or we are not. We are either born again by His Spirit, or we are not. All the while, the LORD is drawing us to Him as He loves us so much. His Word (below - 1 John 4:2-4) says that the spirit of the antichrist is still with those who do not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh. I was there too for a long time, we never know how or when the Lord will work on each soul and His Revelation of Himself to us comes to light.

John 3:36
He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

My only point was non-believers have ruled america.

For the most part, I imagine that Cuyo is correct and they still do. I'll just be glad when they shame the devil and tell the truth, no longer ending every speech with "...and God Bless The United States of America!" as a blatent pander for votes.

Forum List

Back