If asked, would you...

Angel Heart

Conservative Hippie
Jul 6, 2007
Portland, Oregon
Run for political office? If you had an opportunity to run for a state level office would you?

I've been asked but don't know if the timing is right for my personal life.

Yes, and yes I am. I've seen enough, and I'm fed up with these bat shit crazy liberals ramming their sick ass, spend, spend, spend, tax us to death, faggot loving agenda down our throats. I want to be able to stand up and tell them to FUCK OFF... in a diplomatic fashion of course.

What's more important to you at this time Angel, your family, and being there for them, or your political aspirations. I know you're a SAHM, do you have someone to help you out for all the time you would be gone? I think you would be great in whatever you do, but you need to decide if it IS the right time for you and your family, they come first.

Good Luck in whatever you decide, and keep us posted!

I believe that the time is not right in my life, and I hope that through me you can understand more of yourself. I undoubtably want to preserve my country from the ills I percieve are attacking it, from the right as well the left but if I ever want to run for a political office, I hope to do it after I have had a successful life - not before. There seems to be nothing I can contribute to my country, what so many failures have done before me, if all I know is machine politics - if all I know is politics of any sort.

I want to do it Barry Goldwater, Mitt Romney, style. Be successful in real life for many years, then contribute what I can to help keep America safe. To ramble around the corruption in Chicago machine politics, like Obama, or go off to war just so I can write myself three Purple Hearts, like John Kerry, just seems horrible.

I hope this, for whatever reason, helps your decision.

Last edited:
Echo,

I've set up the care of my children. I've got all but one of them in great charter schools. I've got a wonderful friend willing to do what it takes to help me.

Only obstacle in my way right now is talking my husband into it. He's unsure.

I'm feeling more and more sure by the day. The more I think about it... The more I talk with the people in my community... The more I see what the person I'll be running against is doing... The louder the calling becomes. I'm scared. I'm excited. It's a total mix of emotions.

I'm heading down to Salem tomorrow to talk with a few of the Republican leaders about this. I'll definitely keep you as updated.

Run for political office? If you had an opportunity to run for a state level office would you?

normally, those who aspire to positions of authority do not deserve them

i believe that because so many want the power of an authoritative position but have no idea what they would actually want to achieve with that newfound authority

maybe you are the exception to my rule. if so, tell us what you would expect to achieve should you realize the elected office you are considering

I'm hoping to overhaul the eduction system. Make it more localized and less control from above. There's no reason it costs as much as it does to educate our children. I've home schooled and know it doesn't cost as much as they spend on it. More parental control of everything the schools do. In Head Start there's a wonderful thing called a Policy Council. They are equal to the board of directors. They make decisions just like the board. They choose when someone is hired or fired. I know this idea will make a big difference in our schools.

I'm also aiming to get government out of our day to day lives as much as possible. All too often people fear the government when they know what's right and what's wrong. I'd aim to end the drug war. Enforce the laws that hurt more than just the person committing the crime. Enough of the big brother garbage.

Frankly given the rectal exam you get these days while running for even a relatively minor office in a fairly large city thank but I'll pass.

i have been involved in politics but not running for a particular office. it can be a dirty game angie, opponents can drag you through the mud.

Regardless of where you fall on the political spectrum, if you feel that you can truly make a positive contribution to your community, then you have an obligation to run. Not everyone is in the position to run, and obviously, you must weigh personal factors into your decision. However, if the things holding you back are only minor, then yes, you should run.

Most people who run for public office do so because they like power, which isn't all bad in itself. However, those who truly care about the policies being made and who also actually have the opportunity to run should, because they are far and few between.

I'm hoping to overhaul the eduction system. Make it more localized and less control from above. There's no reason it costs as much as it does to educate our children. I've home schooled and know it doesn't cost as much as they spend on it. More parental control of everything the schools do. In Head Start there's a wonderful thing called a Policy Council. They are equal to the board of directors. They make decisions just like the board. They choose when someone is hired or fired. I know this idea will make a big difference in our schools.

I'm also aiming to get government out of our day to day lives as much as possible. All too often people fear the government when they know what's right and what's wrong. I'd aim to end the drug war. Enforce the laws that hurt more than just the person committing the crime. Enough of the big brother garbage.

How do you feel that you can change the laws, policies and procedures that people before you couldn't? Do you think that you can resist succumbing to the special interests that affect politics even at the local level?

Forum List

Back