If an Englishman

however only if you are of the conservative persuassion...no ADDLE's allowed!
:p:

roomy said:
The continent is vast and the individual states are vast, all of them have something going for them, what makes Nevada stand out from the crowd?, (apart from Las Vegas and Reno) :confused: .

criteria and Nevada fits...and for the word 'ADDLE's' it is a new term for Liberals...akin to Troll! :mm:

roomy said:
Do you label all liberals trolls? and what are you implying? I take great offence at what i deem to be your implication.

you have not written anything of substance yet...so I have no idea where you stand on issues...for the record there is another thread in here addressing a post in DU accusing conservatives of being Trolls...so I came up with a new word for Liberals 'ADDLE's' Addle: definition: to throw into confusion,muddle, to become rotten! Implication is another word used to muddle a conversation...Hey I just call em like I see em! :D

roomy said:
Substance is a matter of opinion i think.You are yet to post anything of substance to me, are you an addle?

Uh at least try to be original...'ADDLE's' are trolls of the liberal persuasion...I am a 'ADROIT'...confusing eh...back to DU with you or at least post something with a little meat in it so I can make a analysis of where you are comming from...rather than patting yourself and Brittons backside with little cute one-liners! :cof:

roomy said:
I have read the post to which you allude and I am sorry to say i replied with a "little cute one-liner".Your attempts to rile me are comical to say the least, and I am drunk, give it a rest sonny boy, try again tomorrow, I am sure there are more interesting and intelligent posters here than you I can talk to, infact I know there is because I have been talking to them(everyone else infact).

Better lay off the drink a little...I am the nice layed back Conservative in here...wait until the hard-liners get ahold of ya! :funnyface

roomy said:
decides to retire to the United States, which state do you think he would feel more at home in?(with sunshine please).Criteria includes safety, sunshine, friendly natives and low cost of living.

The deep south. Once you get around the accent, you'll find that we're friendly, good-natured, and we have plenty of sunshine and good weather. Just get used to the question, "You're not from around here, are ya?"

roomy said:
How scared am I?

I think after they read your veiled then not so veiled failed attacks on my person it may be you they rip to threads, unless of course you all post with the same mind.

Ignore Archie...he's harmless. He's the board buffoon and poster child for "Hooked on Phonics". He likes to start trouble and then compain about getting shit from people. He also fancies himself a humorist and highly-skilled verbal manipulator who constructs puns and "medifores" to be envied. As you have probably figured out for yourself, the exact opposite is true.

Anyways, you didn't really nail down much about the climate you are looking for other than sunshine. What kind of temperature range are you looking for? Do you want to avoid snow? Can you tolerate 105 with a heat index of 115? Heat index is where they figure out how miserable it is outside based on the temp and humidity...similar to wind-chill factor.

Abbey Normal said:
Welcome, roomy.

Except for the sunshine requirement, I would have said something in New
England. California is expensive.

Arizona?

New England is as sunny as most anywhere else. They can have some brutal winter weather though.

MissileMan said:
New England is as sunny as most anywhere else. They can have some brutal winter weather though.

Yes, I know, but knowing merry olde England, I suspect Roomy wants mega sunshine now.

But as you said, we need more information. He has somewhat conflicting requests.

roomy said:
I am sick of the wind, rain, cold and snow.My weary body needs lots of year round sunshine.I am seriously thinking of touring the USA during my retirement and who knows after that?

Alabama, good people, good barbeque, and a concealed carry state. The Heart of Dixie is rich in history and good football. Not your English kick a ball around variety, but good, clean, bloody, stack up and hit something football. Plus, I believe you'll feel at home with the school rivalries that match those of your 'football.' Alabama fans are not much different from those of the Mancheter United. lol Great weather too.

roomy said:
I am sick of the wind, rain, cold and snow.My weary body needs lots of year round sunshine.I am seriously thinking of touring the USA during my retirement and who knows after that?

If you want warm and humid, move to the South - anywhere from Virginia to East Texas.

If you want warm and dry, move to the Southwest - anywhere from West Texas to Nevada.

Avoid California - taxes and cost of living are out of control.

gop_jeff said:
If you want warm and humid, move to the South - anywhere from Virginia to East Texas.

If you want warm and dry, move to the Southwest - anywhere from West Texas to Nevada.

Avoid California - taxes and cost of living are out of control.

And the hippies...so...many...hippies.

Washington - speciffically Sequim, WA. LOTS of sunshine...moderate Cost of Living...very few drunken posts from WA as compared to Another state ;)

roomy said:
How scared am I?

I think after they read your veiled then not so veiled failed attacks on my person it may be you they rip to threads, unless of course you all post with the same mind.

funny that archangel would tell somebody to lay off the drink....lmao :)
Disregard the bs, Roomy - you're welcome here.

dmp said:
funny that archangel would tell somebody to lay off the drink....lmao :)
Disregard the bs, Roomy - you're welcome here.

But I rarely drink alcohol...however you do! :sleep:

Forum List

Back