If all U.S. monuments/statues related to slavery are to be taken down, what about Muslim ones?

If we take down every confederate statue and flag you would have to take down every MLK Jr and civil rights monument as well. Because without slavery and the confederacy there is no civil rights movement.

These confederacy monuments are important because they remind us of our history and if those who forget history are doomed to repeat it.
I'm sure we'd all be willing to forego MLK jr and the Civil War for never having slavery, but thanks for your input. LOL

Islamic views on slavery - Wikipedia

Arab slave trade - Wikipedia

Should we insist that every Mosque and Muslim building/artifact/statue/etc. be taken down? If they refuse, should we bomb Mecca?
Where in the US are these Muslim statues supporting owning slaves in America? Seriously, I'm curious.

So your claim is you would support removing all references to Islam and Muhammad because Muhammad was a slave owner and little boy fucker, but there is simply nothing to remove?
Are these statues erected to show Muhammad was a great American? I'm sure you think you have a point here, somehow, but you have failed worse than usuasl in an inability to make a logically consistent analogy.

And you lack any grasp on the issue. If a local community decides to remove a statue from public property, that's their choice. It may be stupid or not. However, not all "civil war" monuments are created equally. We have national parks at battlefields with monuments to the men (and Women OMG) who served. We also have monuments erected to show Jim Crow was alive and well at a time. the White Supremicists liked this statue because it did represent Jim Crow and support for secession.

And ancient Rome had all sorts slaves. And to some, that they had cut their little pecker off. Even their gods were child abductors and pedophiles, bu which Hillary's supporters thinks hat it is nothing wrong for having a little fun..

Trump-like 'Julius Caesar' isn't the first time the play has killed a contemporary politician

a boy called Ganymedes, a Trojan prince, who was so beautiful that Zeus abducted him from his cradle by taking the form of an eagle. European art is full of images of Ganymedes, the boy who was kidnapped (and ravished) by Zeus, the eagle. This story was given as the basis of man-boy love in ancient Greece. The Infidelities of Zeus

giphy.gif

If we take down every confederate statue and flag you would have to take down every MLK Jr and civil rights monument as well. Because without slavery and the confederacy there is no civil rights movement.

These confederacy monuments are important because they remind us of our history and if those who forget history are doomed to repeat it.
I'm sure we'd all be willing to forego MLK jr and the Civil War for never having slavery, but thanks for your input. LOL

But are you willing to forget MLK Jr and the other people who gave their lives for the Civil Rights movement just to forget slavery?

Forum List

Back