If all the partisan BS on the AZ shooting...

This entire thing is just awful. While all the deaths are a tragedy, little nine year old Christina Greene's death is just heartbreaking. She didn't even get a chance to grow up. From what I've read she was a bright little girl with a strong interest in government. Who knows what the world was robbed of by her untimely and senseless death. :(

Last edited:
...makes you as ill as it makes me, vent here.

Advance warning: No politicizing. Violators will be negged and I am judge, jury and repecutioner. The rest of us deserve a chance to speak without being drowned out in your bullshit. Thank you for your cooperation.

The shootings should make us do something we don't like doing .. take a long look in the mirror.

Introspective is not a function that Americans believe in. The only mirror we want to gaze in is the Queen's mirror from Snow White. It must always tell us how beautifu we arel. Any criticisms are considered unpatriotic, unamerican.

We are an invented people, conditioned by Hollywood. Every criticism will be considered as "partisan." If you talk about our history of political violence, that's partisan.

If you talk about recent current events of hate speech and talk of armed violence. that's partisan.

So should we all just hide. "see, hear, and speak no evil?"

That's a solution?

That's what an intelligent populace of CITIZENS shoud do?

I'm forever amazed

There are plenty of real issues that can and probably should be discussed as a result of tragedies like this one, I'll agree. And there are examples of some of those discussions also taking place on the board.

For example, should we have security at these events and what level of security is appropriate to protect the public? What about something that I haven't seen brought up but IMO should be, which is a discussion of mental illness and how we as a nation handle it? Sure, there are issues that come out of these events that are worthy of discussion.

What is childish and disgusting is the finger pointing and cheap partisan point scoring, people attacking each other over ideology using the dead and wounded as a weapon in their endless games of hackery. That's what I call bullshit on. For god's sake, there are folks low enough to still be trotting out the victims of 9/11 when it suits them. It cheapens the memories of those lost and those affected by the loss to use them in such petty nonsense.

Give it a rest.

What is sickening is this senseless murder.

I had hoped all Americans would cooperate and work to keep this from ever happening again.

It seems not talking in violent images is just too much for some to do to help end this horrible sittuation the country finds itself in.

How about taking mental illness seriously and treat it. Ignoring it is sickening because in the process of destroying one man it killed an injured others.

I didn't read this before making my last post. Yep, I'd say that's a serious issue that should be addressed.

What is sickening is this senseless murder.

I had hoped all Americans would cooperate and work to keep this from ever happening again.

It seems not talking in violent images is just too much for some to do to help end this horrible sittuation the country finds itself in.

It will happen again and again because there will always be lunatics out there. Get it? Banning certain types of speech is your answer? :cuckoo:

No one is talking about banning anythingfrom what I have seen.

We are asking in as many ways of as we can think of ofr the right to PLEASE stop using gun cross hairs, reloading, being locked and loaded and wanting your people locked and loaded when talking to your ranks.

that seems just too much to ask of the right.

All we get in response is more insult and and a backing of the violent speach.

Sometimes it's easy for us to forget that these are real people, with real lives, with real families. Your political thoughts and ideas shouldn't matter on this event-it was terrible, and has no place in our democracy. It's a disgrace for any side to use this for political gain in any way, shape, or form.

The political rhetoric is making me vomit!! The shooter is neither left-wing nor right-wing. He is crazy and evil. The guy is very clearly not of the tea party movement, not a Dittohead, not led by Sarah Palin, me, or anyone else on the right. He is not a progressive, a liberal, or a democrat either. He is a wacko nut case. Nothing more. Blame him.

I'd agree with all of this except the label of the shooter as "evil". He certainly sounds mentally ill. Whether he was ill enough to not be responsible for his own choices and actions is another question, and one nobody has an answer for yet. But illness is not evil. In its own way, his life is also wasted.

I'm kind of tired of partisan hacks using this tragedy to further their leftist agenda. No fucking evidence and completely ignoring the exact same rhetoric and imagery from their own side, they 'blame' the right.

These people are sick.

not to be an ass

but

there is no proof he was insane

Just b/c he's a rambling madman, doesn't make him insane to the point he doesn't know good from evil.

Good people can't fully comprehend evil, so we confuse it with insanity.

I was just thinking the same thing, but wasn't ready to vent.

It just showcases how shallow we have become, everything is a political gotcha opp. Even somebody's death or tragedy.

Advance warning: No politicizing. Violators will be negged and I am judge, jury and repecutioner. The rest of us deserve a chance to speak without being drowned out in your bullshit. Thank you for your cooperation.

The shootings should make us do something we don't like doing .. take a long look in the mirror.

Introspective is not a function that Americans believe in. The only mirror we want to gaze in is the Queen's mirror from Snow White. It must always tell us how beautifu we arel. Any criticisms are considered unpatriotic, unamerican.

We are an invented people, conditioned by Hollywood. Every criticism will be considered as "partisan." If you talk about our history of political violence, that's partisan.

If you talk about recent current events of hate speech and talk of armed violence. that's partisan.

That's a solution?

I'm forever amazed

There are plenty of real issues that can and probably should be discussed as a result of tragedies like this one, I'll agree. And there are examples of some of those discussions also taking place on the board.

For example, should we have security at these events and what level of security is appropriate to protect the public? What about something that I haven't seen brought up but IMO should be, which is a discussion of mental illness and how we as a nation handle it? Sure, there are issues that come out of these events that are worthy of discussion.

What is childish and disgusting is the finger pointing and cheap partisan point scoring, people attacking each other over ideology using the dead and wounded as a weapon in their endless games of hackery. That's what I call bullshit on. For god's sake, there are folks low enough to still be trotting out the victims of 9/11 when it suits them. It cheapens the memories of those lost and those affected by the loss to use them in such petty nonsense.

Give it a rest.

First, from your warning, what does "politicizing" mean? No talking about politics, no political perspectives allowed? Just asking for clarity.

Give what a rest? I've made no condemnation of any political party or ideology on this issue.

What I find odd is the fear of what may be deemed "partisan" as if that conversation has no value.

Won't elaborate further .. just strange toi me.

It tells us something when the original thread has been dwarfed in post count by the politicizing thread. The original thread currently has 368 posts. The other one currently has, 2,235. By the time I make this post, I'm sure it will increase even further. That's over 6 times more then the original thread.

I hope the first thing Gabby does, WHEN she recovers, is tell eveyone to shut up.

That's a solution?

I'm forever amazed

partisans feel threatened by almost everything.

The political rhetoric is making me vomit!! The shooter is neither left-wing nor right-wing. He is crazy and evil. The guy is very clearly not of the tea party movement, not a Dittohead, not led by Sarah Palin, me, or anyone else on the right. He is not a progressive, a liberal, or a democrat either. He is a wacko nut case. Nothing more. Blame him.

Mentally ill people don't choose to have it.

That's a good point.

I got negged for my participation in this thread.

L.K Eder said:
super hyprocrite. stop the cheap shots then.

How funny is that? :lol:

I wonder if Ms Eder is equally as offended by the vitriol from others or am I special? I suspect it is the latter. Personal whining.

more shit from you. i negged you because of your cheap shots in another thread while here pretending to sit on a high horse.

i specifically did not call you out on this thread openly, because this thread was not for shitting on others.

i linked to your bullshit from another already defiled thread, where i specifically called you out on your cheap shots.

now, back to the purpose of this thread.

if you can, brat.

That's a solution?

I'm forever amazed

partisans feel threatened by almost everything.

I agree with that .. but every political conversation can be deemed "partisan".

I simply believe the best weapon against them is truth .. they should be challenged, not feared.

not to be an ass

but

there is no proof he was insane

Just b/c he's a rambling madman, doesn't make him insane to the point he doesn't know good from evil.

Good people can't fully comprehend evil, so we confuse it with insanity.

Looking at his own words, I'd disagree. It seems pretty clear to me, anyway that mental health is an issue here.

But as you say, without evidence it's a matter of opinion.

Forum List

Back