If all the partisan BS on the AZ shooting...

goldcatt

Catch me if you can!
Aug 4, 2009
CentralPA
...makes you as ill as it makes me, vent here.

Advance warning: No politicizing. Violators will be negged and I am judge, jury and repecutioner. The rest of us deserve a chance to speak without being drowned out in your bullshit. Thank you for your cooperation.

Federal judge John Roll, 63, and Christina Green, 9, Gabe Zimmerman, Dorothy Murray, 76, Dorwin Stoddard, 76, and Phyllis Scheck, 79. And 13 hospitalized.

I think it would good to remember that these were all real people, with real lives, real family and real friends. Their lives counted for something. They mattered.

Federal judge John Roll, 63, and Christina Green, 9, Gabe Zimmerman, Dorothy Murray, 76, Dorwin Stoddard, 76, and Phyllis Scheck, 79. And 13 hospitalized.

I think it would good to remember that these were all real people, with real lives, real family and real friends. Their lives counted for something. They mattered.

Indeed.

And Jared Loughner is responsible for his actions.

Last edited:

Exactly. And those who were injured and their loved ones are feeling real pain as well.

Exploiting that pain for cheap shots on a message board makes me ill.

Exactly. And those who were injured and their loved ones are feeling real pain as well.

Exploiting that pain for cheap shots on a message board makes me ill.

Me too.

>

I've watched the spin masters on TV and the childish behavior by some on this board and another that I frequent and it disgusts me.

It is a time when all of us should be reaching out with our condolences, our hearts, and our prayers for the recovery of Congresswoman Giffords and those hospitalized as well and the tragic loss suffered by the other families. Because of modern technology, the internet, and the 24-hour news cycle demanding more and more outlandish shit so they can grab their portion of the ratings there are those that wish to make this a "gotcha moment".

It's a sad day, and not just for the victims in Arizona.

>>>>

...makes you as ill as it makes me, vent here.

Advance warning: No politicizing. Violators will be negged and I am judge, jury and repecutioner. The rest of us deserve a chance to speak without being drowned out in your bullshit. Thank you for your cooperation.

The shootings should make us do something we don't like doing .. take a long look in the mirror.

Introspective is not a function that Americans believe in. The only mirror we want to gaze in is the Queen's mirror from Snow White. It must always tell us how beautifu we arel. Any criticisms are considered unpatriotic, unamerican.

We are an invented people, conditioned by Hollywood. Every criticism will be considered as "partisan." If you talk about our history of political violence, that's partisan.

If you talk about recent current events of hate speech and talk of armed violence. that's partisan.

So should we all just hide. "see, hear, and speak no evil?"

That's a solution?

That's what an intelligent populace of CITIZENS shoud do?

I'm forever amazed

>

I've watched the spin masters on TV and the childish behavior by some on this board and another that I frequent and it disgusts me.

It is a time when all of us should be reaching out with our condolences, our hearts, and our prayers for the recovery of Congresswoman Giffords and those hospitalized as well and the tragic loss suffered by the other families. Because of modern technology, the internet, and the 24-hour news cycle demanding more and more outlandish shit so they can grab their portion of the ratings there are those that wish to make this a "gotcha moment".

It's a sad day, and not just for the victims in Arizona.

>>>>

It is a sad day for all America to have a tragedy like this happen. Laughner is a derranged person that must have had demons in his head to be able to pull the trigger on young and old.

I also hope the neighbor/friend who brought the little girl to see the representative is doing okay. She must feel terrible after having had such good intentions.

I can't even imagine what she must be feeling. Survivor's guilt can be a horrible, pernicious thing.

The political rhetoric is making me vomit!! The shooter is neither left-wing nor right-wing. He is crazy and evil. The guy is very clearly not of the tea party movement, not a Dittohead, not led by Sarah Palin, me, or anyone else on the right. He is not a progressive, a liberal, or a democrat either. He is a wacko nut case. Nothing more. Blame him.

What is sickening is this senseless murder.

I had hoped all Americans would cooperate and work to keep this from ever happening again.

It seems not talking in violent images is just too much for some to do to help end this horrible sittuation the country finds itself in.

I had hoped all Americans would cooperate and work to keep this from ever happening again.

It seems not talking in violent images is just too much for some to do to help end this horrible sittuation the country finds itself in.

How about taking mental illness seriously and treat it. Ignoring it is sickening because in the process of destroying one man it killed and injured others.

Last edited:
Let us not forget the heroes...

Daniel Hernandez
Patricia Maisch
Roger Salzgeber
Bill Badger
Joseph Zamudio
etc.

:clap2:

Last edited:
I got negged for my participation in this thread.

L.K Eder said:
super hyprocrite. stop the cheap shots then.

How funny is that? :lol:

I wonder if Ms Eder is equally as offended by the vitriol from others or am I special? I suspect it is the latter. Personal whining.

Last edited:

It will happen again and again because there will always be lunatics out there. Get it? Banning certain types of speech is your answer? :cuckoo:

The political rhetoric is making me vomit!! The shooter is neither left-wing nor right-wing. He is crazy and evil. The guy is very clearly not of the tea party movement, not a Dittohead, not led by Sarah Palin, me, or anyone else on the right. He is not a progressive, a liberal, or a democrat either. He is a wacko nut case. Nothing more. Blame him.

Mentally ill people don't choose to have it.

You finally posted something I agree with TDM.

The killer is deranged. There is no left, right or center to his actions.

Its just a shame that so many are dead and the survivors will be scared for life because of his actions.

My prayers go out to the families.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back