if all people were created equally by god, then how can one set be his "chosen ones"?

If you're talking about Jews, they were chosen for the purpose of bringing forth the One Who was to come save us, Jesus.

If you're talking about predestination for salvation, that's a highly debated concept with no real resolution within the Christian community.

They are chosen to do His work in uniting the human family and bringing them to Him.

"19 For out of the heart come evil intentions, murder, adultery, fornication, theft, false witness, slander. 20 These are what defile a person, but to eat with unwashed hands does not defile." 21 Jesus left that place and went away to the district of Tyre and Sidon. 22 Just then a Canaanite woman from that region came out and started shouting, "Have mercy on me, Lord, Son of David; my daughter is tormented by a demon." 23 But he did not answer her at all. And his disciples came and urged him, saying, "Send her away, for she keeps shouting after us." 24 He answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel." 25 But she came and knelt before him, saying, "Lord, help me." 26 He answered, "It is not fair to take the children's food and throw it to the dogs." 27 She said, "Yes, Lord, yet even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their masters' table." 28 Then Jesus answered her, "Woman, great is your faith! Let it be done for you as you wish." And her daughter was healed instantly. 29 After Jesus had left that place, he passed along the Sea of Galilee, and he went up the mountain, where he sat down. "

My understanding is that Christ was sent to the Jews but upon his death, salvation was available to all.

You will note he did serve the canaanite woman.

Let me see.

The belief that all men are created equal appears in the Declaration of Independence. The belief that God chose one group over everyone else is in the Bible. Unless you are trying to claim that God wrote both of those I do not see the conflict.

God did not create all men equal. The Constitution of the US made all US men equal and through amendments made women equal to men. It is a manmade concept.

God slected the Hebrews as his chosen people and not all of them were equal as can be seen in the Old Testament.

All men were created equal with an equal ability to serve G-d.
However, given the freedom of choice, not all men chose to follow G-d. There was one that did and his name was Abraham with whom G-d made his covenant with. From that point on, the Hebrew people became his "chosen." This did not mean that he did not accept others from outside this lineage.

John 3:16
-16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Are you a whosoever? I don't see any exclusions there, do you?

I know I know, you are going to say he didn't extend it to the martians, but that is a whole nother issue...:rolleyes::lol:

"19 For out of the heart come evil intentions, murder, adultery, fornication, theft, false witness, slander. 20 These are what defile a person, but to eat with unwashed hands does not defile." 21 Jesus left that place and went away to the district of Tyre and Sidon. 22 Just then a Canaanite woman from that region came out and started shouting, "Have mercy on me, Lord, Son of David; my daughter is tormented by a demon." 23 But he did not answer her at all. And his disciples came and urged him, saying, "Send her away, for she keeps shouting after us." 24 He answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel." 25 But she came and knelt before him, saying, "Lord, help me." 26 He answered, "It is not fair to take the children's food and throw it to the dogs." 27 She said, "Yes, Lord, yet even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their masters' table." 28 Then Jesus answered her, "Woman, great is your faith! Let it be done for you as you wish." And her daughter was healed instantly. 29 After Jesus had left that place, he passed along the Sea of Galilee, and he went up the mountain, where he sat down. "

My understanding is that Christ was sent to the Jews but upon his death, salvation was available to all.

...and Jesus said what he said because the Canaanite woman was trying to approach Jesus based on works (pretending to be a Jew) rather than just be who she was. Therefore, she got the answer that she did.

Then when she decided ask for grace (hint hint) she received the healing of her daughter.

...and Jesus said what he said because the Canaanite woman was trying to approach Jesus based on works (pretending to be a Jew) rather than just be who she was. Therefore, she got the answer that she did.

Then when she decided ask for grace (hint hint) she received the healing of her daughter.

I think maybe he was on earth for Jews only, while he was here. But once the sacrifice was made, salvation was available to all. That's the point of the sacrifice.

It's terribly complex and fascinating.

I don't see that the Canaanite woman approached based on works. She approached because she believed, and Christ himself praised her faith.

The notion that one can be among God's "chosen" simply by being born into a certain ethnic community is primitive. The righteous in the eyes of God are righteous because of their deeds, not because they belong to a "chosen people."

Forum List

Back