If abortions are murder is a dumb question, here is the real question.

What does the US Constitution say? :eusa_whistle:

What does it say about me killing you?

If "Abortions are murder" is a dumb question, what language are we conversing in?

If abortions are murder is a dumb question, here is the real question.

Seriously people of USMB, what standards have we left here?

:confused:

or "If Abortions are murder" is a dumb question, what language are we conversing in? either way...

Are you following me again, or just whinging?

Premature viable babies with even the slighting chance of living....are ALL put in incubators.

Will 12 week old cells make it in standard incubator....or do they still need a human incubator?

At what point in time? Are you saying that it will always be impossible to take a 12 week old baby and keep it alive outside the mother, because just a few years ago babies who were born at 26 weeks were going to die.

So, what is viable?

Fetuses and Babies do NOT pay taxes!!!

Neither do children, what's your point?

Premature viable babies with even the slighting chance of living....are ALL put in incubators.

Will 12 week old cells make it in standard incubator....or do they still need a human incubator?

At what point in time? Are you saying that it will always be impossible to take a 12 week old baby and keep it alive outside the mother, because just a few years ago babies who were born at 26 weeks were going to die.

So, what is viable?

i am not saying that it will not be possible... but at this point in time...it is not.

viable is the ability to be a life all on its own independent of a human womb.

My point still stands, viable is a sliding scale definition. Using it to define life ties life to technology, which is ridiculous.

What the fuck is personhood?

When a baby is given all the legal rights as you or I - which is at birth.

Wrong again, amazing.

Personhood is a legal concept that confers legal rights on people, corporations, and animals. It basically gives them legal standing to sue, or be sued, in court.

I am pretty sure it is possible for a child to sue over what happened in utero, so it is obvious to anyone with a brain that personhood, the right to access courts, is actually conferred on fetuses. My guess is that a court would even permit a lawsuit over an in vitro process that resulted in significant damage once a baby is born. That puts personhood all the way back to embryos, and blows your claim that personhood comes at birth.

Just wanted to smack you down appropriately by first giving you a chance to prove you have no idea what you are talking about. Thanks for making it so easy.

So, what is viable?

Viable means the baby is able to survive outside the womb. It may need medical assistance, but the point is, it does not need to be attached to the woman to survive.

Are you saying that life is defined by technology? That, if it is possible to take a baby from fertilization all the way through gestation that viability would begin at fertilization? Since it is currently possible to take an egg, fertilize it, and freeze it for years, and then implant it in a mother, does that mean viability actually begins at fertilization already?

Is it possibly you haven't thought enough about your position to actually defend it?

Nobody can say with absolute certainty, so you can either err on the side of valuing and defending human life or you can err on the side of destroying the most innocent and vulnerable human life (for what reason?). Many pro-abortionists can't handle this reality so they try to tell themselves they 'know' otherwise, thereby avoiding the central moral issue involved.

Forum List

Back