If abortion is murder...

Lol.

And that's the hideous conundrum the pro-choice crowd is faced with. Sometimes it's a baby, sometimes it's just a fetus. It all depends on the whim of the mother.

No... not a mother's whim.

In one instance the LAW says it is not a person... in another, the LAW says it is a person. It's a legal conundrum... not one of the pro-choice crowd.

I don't think it's a legal conundrum. If one jurisdiction says that you can't murder a foetus and another says you can well that just reflects the legislature's crafting of the law. But I don't think that even in the second jurisdiction of the two examples I've given that the legislature intends that a foetus is a person, all they need to do is to draft the law so that the intentional killing of a foetus is murder, no need to deem the foetus a person.

all they need to do is to draft the law so that the intentional killing of a foetus is murder, no need to deem the foetus a person.

And by doing so, they deem every pregnant woman a slave of that fetus.

And there's the rub.

And there's the rub.

Let's not blame the foetus.

In jurisdictions that prohibit terminations the woman is a slave to the state, not the foetus.
The facts are that in those jurisdictions the woman is a prisoner of the state. She has no right to a decision as to whether or not she should terminate the pregnancy. She is prohibited from making that decision and she can go to prison for disobeying the law that forces her to bring the pregnancy to full term.

Last edited:

And there's the rub.

older versions of the physicians manuals listed pregnancy as a "parasitic disease." Can one be a slave to what the medical community has referred to as a "parasite?"

Let's not blame the foetus.

In jurisdictions that prohibit terminations the woman is a slave to the state, not the foetus.

Okay, I'll buy that. Mother nature makes the woman a slave to the fetus.

Good point!

Yes, you are right.

In jurisdictions where termination of unwanted pregnancy is illegal, the state makes baby-maker slaves of the women.

I quite agree.

The facts are that in those jurisdictions the woman is a prisoner of the state. She has no right to a decision as to whether or not she should terminate the pregnancy. She is prohibited from making that decision and she can go to prison for disobeying the law that forces her to bring the pregnancy to full term.

Exactly.

Once again, we find the STATE imposing its will on people's right to choose what happens to their bodies, where it really has NO MORAL RIGHT to impose its will upon them.

Reproductive choices are NOT the state's business.

Forum List

Back