If a woman aborted my child, I would probably go ape shit. Why are the feelings of the father...

a long time ago when my views on abortion were pretty much along the lines of "I don't like abortion but who am i to tell others. . . blah blah blah"

I dated a girl who I THOUGHT was more like me. We only talked about it briefly but she said she would never get an abortion. That was great by me because I loved her very much and would have been happy to have a family with her.

Then, one day she came too me almost in tears saying she was "late" and she "needed $125" for my half of an abortion and that was it. No more conversation, no consideration of any alternatives, nothing. Just a demand for the cash and when I refused, she never spoke to me again except to tell me 3 weeks later that it was a "false alarm."

Yeah.

Been there, done that.
If it wasnt a false alarm would you have been prepared to carry the child in your stomach for 9 months?

Do me a favor.

Build a time machine and make it possible for me to carry the child.

Do it.
So you agree it wasnt possible? Therefore the burden was entirely on her right? Who are you to dictate to her what she should or shouldnt do with her own body?

I have the same right to tell the expectant mother of our child that she has no right to kill our child that I have to tell anyone else. maybe more so.

The same right that i have to oppose any OTHER forms of child molestation.

a long time ago when my views on abortion were pretty much along the lines of "I don't like abortion but who am I to tell others. . . blah blah blah"

I dated a girl who I THOUGHT had the same beliefs as me. We only talked about it briefly but she said she would never get an abortion. That was great by me because I loved her very much and would have been happy to have a family with her.

Then, one day she came too me almost in tears saying she was "late" and she "needed $125" for my half of an abortion and that was it. No more conversation, no consideration of any alternatives, nothing. Just a demand for the cash and when I refused, she never spoke to me again except to tell me 3 weeks later that it was a "false alarm."

Yeah.

Been there, done that.
This brings up the other side of the coin.

If father WANTS mother to abort, and she refuses, should he now be required to support the child for 18 years when he wanted it aborted?
I say no. Too many women have screwed guys over by having a child he didnt want.
It's not about what's "fair" to fathers in this perverse way of looking at things you have, it's what's in the best interests of the child.

And the best interests of the child are served by having TWO parents who are responsible for him or her.

Fathers don't get to "divorce" their children.

a long time ago when my views on abortion were pretty much along the lines of "I don't like abortion but who am i to tell others. . . blah blah blah"

I dated a girl who I THOUGHT was more like me. We only talked about it briefly but she said she would never get an abortion. That was great by me because I loved her very much and would have been happy to have a family with her.

Yeah.

Been there, done that.
If it wasnt a false alarm would you have been prepared to carry the child in your stomach for 9 months?

Do me a favor.

Do it.
So you agree it wasnt possible? Therefore the burden was entirely on her right? Who are you to dictate to her what she should or shouldnt do with her own body?

I have the same right to tell the expectant mother of our child that she has no right to kill our child that I have to tell anyone else. maybe more so.

I said dictate not tell. No one cares what you tell someone. Dictate would be forcing the issue. and yes she has a right to have an abortion. Its the law.

Yeah.

Been there, done that.

Do me a favor.

Do it.

I said dictate not tell. No one cares what you tell someone. Dictate would be forcing the issue. and yes she has a right to have an abortion. Its the law.

Not all laws are Constitutional. Especially any laws which deny children their rights to due process and their right to the Equal protections of our laws. Read my sig.

a long time ago when my views on abortion were pretty much along the lines of "I don't like abortion but who am I to tell others. . . blah blah blah"

I dated a girl who I THOUGHT had the same beliefs as me. We only talked about it briefly but she said she would never get an abortion. That was great by me because I loved her very much and would have been happy to have a family with her.

Yeah.

Been there, done that.

If father WANTS mother to abort, and she refuses, should he now be required to support the child for 18 years when he wanted it aborted?
I say no. Too many women have screwed guys over by having a child he didnt want.
It's not about what's "fair" to fathers in this perverse way of looking at things you have, it's what's in the best interests of the child.

And the best interests of the child are served by having TWO parents who are responsible for him or her.

So a girl child thats raped by her father deserves it? How is that in the best interest of the child to have the father there?

Yeah.

Been there, done that.

Do me a favor.

Do it.

The law is based on an arbitrary and capricous dictate by a power grasping Supreme Court, based on a notion of "right to privacy" that was a legal fiction not found in the actual text or original intent of the United States, imposed on the states, regardless of what the American people wanted.

I know what you are advocating. NO abortion EVER. I get it. No one can EVER claim that abortion is in the best interest of a child. Death is in the best interest of a child?

We don't live in that world. That's dreamland.

If mother gets the exclusive right to decide to abort (which she should) father should not be burdened with the child's support if mother decides, against father's wishes, to keep the baby. Neither one is making a decision base on the best interest of a child. It's not a child yet. It's unborn.

Do me a favor.

Do it.

Not all laws are Constitutional. Especially any laws which deny children their rights to due process and their right to the Equal protections of our laws.
Doesnt make them any less laws though. Until its illegal its legal. You can theorize about that until the cows come home but it wont change the facts.

Yeah.

Been there, done that.

So a girl child thats raped by her father deserves it? How is that in the best interest of the child to have the father there?
You are talking about less than 1% of abortions, and Planned Parenthood doesn't even report these rapes to the police, despite being a mandatory reporter, meaning the rapist escapes prosecution.

Do me a favor.

Do it.

The law is based on an arbitrary and capricous dictate by a power grasping Supreme Court, based on a notion of "right to privacy" that was a legal fiction not found in the actual text or original intent of the United States, imposed on the states, regardless of what the American people wanted.
I dont think I quite understood what you just said but last I checked abortions are legal. BTW good topic.

I know what you are advocating. NO abortion EVER. I get it. No one can EVER claim that abortion is in the best interest of a child. Death is in the best interest of a child?

We don't live in that world. That's dreamland.

If mother gets the exclusive right to decide to abort (which she should) father should not be burdened with the child's support if mother decides, against father's wishes, to keep the baby. Neither one is making a decision base on the best interest of a child. It's not a child yet. It's unborn.
Well, fortunately, your opinion doesn't mean shit on this issue. The law is that fathers support their children, even if they wanted it aborted.

It's not a child yet. It's unborn.

Our fetal HOMICIDE laws define "children in the womb" as "children" and recognizes them as human beings.

Your fucking denials about the biological facts have already been defeated and they will continue to be defeated as more and more of those type laws are passed.

Yeah.

Been there, done that.

You are talking about less than 1% of abortions, and Planned Parenthood doesn't even report these rapes to the police, despite being a mandatory reporter, meaning the rapist escapes prosecution.
How do you know what the percentage is? You just admitted yourself PP doesnt report all the rapes. What about the rapes that go unreported? Are those girls better of with the raping father in their lives?

It's not a child yet. It's unborn.

Our fetal HOMICIDE laws define "children in the womb" as "children" and recognizes them as human beings.

Your fucking denials about the biological facts have already been defeated and they will continue to be defeated as more and more of those type laws are passed.
Thats only when an outsider kills a child. Has nothing to do with abortion.

Feticide - Wikipedia

"These laws do not apply to legally induced abortions"

Do me a favor.

Do it.

Not all laws are Constitutional. Especially any laws which deny children their rights to due process and their right to the Equal protections of our laws.
Doesnt make them any less laws though. Until its illegal its legal. You can theorize about that until the cows come home but it wont change the facts.
The reason I start these threads is to raise awareness, diminish support for abortion, so that one day abortion will be outlawed.

Forum List

Back