If A Terrorist Group of Mexicans

fired over 100 missiles into Texas and California, would there be any doubt that we'd retaliate and hard...and that no one would ever question our right to retaliate?

so...what is it that makes anyone question the obligation of the Israeli government to respond to hundreds of Hamas missiles?

Personally, I think when your people are forced to live in bomb shelters by terrorists, you have an obligation to do what you have to in order to protect your population.

Reminder that this is the Clean Debate Zone and was intentionally placed here so as not to be another ranting and insane israel/pal section thread.
Agree.

fired over 100 missiles into Texas and California, would there be any doubt that we'd retaliate and hard...and that no one would ever question our right to retaliate?

so...what is it that makes anyone question the obligation of the Israeli government to respond to hundreds of Hamas missiles?

Personally, I think when your people are forced to live in bomb shelters by terrorists, you have an obligation to do what you have to in order to protect your population.

Reminder that this is the Clean Debate Zone and was intentionally placed here so as not to be another ranting and insane israel/pal section thread.

Jillian, I've been trying to tell you for years that you belong to the wrong party. In case you haven't noticed most democrats hate the Country of Israel and all the Jewish people who reside theirin. They favor the side of the terror groups like Hamas and the PLO. So lobbing rockets into Israel is the right thing to do. On the other hand democrats love the Mexicans and wish to erase all borders between the USA and Mexico and they demonize anyone who thinks we should protect our country from millions of illegal invaders. I hope this brings you up to speed. And, secondly, with the drug cartels now in power in Mexico don't think for a moment they wouldn't stoop to firing rockets into Arizona, California, or Texas. It's not a question of it it's a question of when.

So what has the Obama said about the situation, jillian? Do you really expect him to support Israel in this? It doesn't matter what we think. We were put in our places but good by your guy, and now he's running the show.

I wouldn't expect a lot of support from America for Israel from him. He hasn't shown that he has any inclination to defend them. He wants to put us under the thumb of the UN. And you know how they feel about Israel.

has obama even come en camera and mentioned the recent aggression in Israel? I haven't heard him. And, I think Hamas knew even before they started the aggression that obama hates Netanyahu and would offer no interference.

Jillian, I've been trying to tell you for years that you belong to the wrong party. In case you haven't noticed most democrats hate the Country of Israel and all the Jewish people who reside theirin. They favor the side of the terror groups like Hamas and the PLO. So lobbing rockets into Israel is the right thing to do. On the other hand democrats love the Mexicans and wish to erase all borders between the USA and Mexico and they demonize anyone who thinks we should protect our country from millions of illegal invaders. I hope this brings you up to speed. And, secondly, with the drug cartels now in power in Mexico don't think for a moment they wouldn't stoop to firing rockets into Arizona, California, or Texas. It's not a question of it it's a question of when.

Democrats love America.

That is the hypocrisy on everything.
First, no nation in WORLD wouldn't response with force to a nation shooting missiles at it! NONE.
Second, none would hold restraints if another nation was SPECIFICALLY targetting it's civilians!
Third, the hypocrisy of the liberal Muslim Sympathizing (or fearing) media doesn't report on any of the Gaza missile flying at Israel, only the Israeli response!

Im all for Isreal kicking some butt! Get em'! I know they have the funds lol

I'm all for them kicking butt, too.

but what do you think causes the double standard insofar as israel's right to defend itself?

i have my own ideas about it. but i'm interested in hearing the opinions of people who don't have a horse in the race.

Liberals are afraid of the billigerent Muslims around the world and in their own countries. When Muslims don't like something (which is everything), they protest, riot and commit acts of violence and terror. Jews are much small as a group, aren't billigerent and don't stand up for themselves in the violent unruly manner Muslims do; therefore, to the cowards on the left, they decide to ally themselves with the Muslims to appease them and attack the Jews who won't fight back. Its the Chamberlain-effect!

The far right also hates on the Jews, but they do it because of the Hitler-legacy of Jew hating!

So what has the Obama said about the situation, jillian? Do you really expect him to support Israel in this? It doesn't matter what we think. We were put in our places but good by your guy, and now he's running the show.

I wouldn't expect a lot of support from America for Israel from him. He hasn't shown that he has any inclination to defend them. He wants to put us under the thumb of the UN. And you know how they feel about Israel.

Actually Obama and the Democrat controlled senate did come out impressive for Israel!

When has the senate been unanimous on anything?
US Senate unanimous in 'unwavering commitment' to Israel | The Times of Israel

Obama condemns Hamas and backs Israel!
Obama administration condemns Hamas rocket fire, backs Israel’s right to self-defense - The Washington Post

Democrats love America.

Are you an isolationist?

Democrats love America.

Are you an isolationist?

As far as military intervention,yes.

Actually Obama and the Democrat controlled senate did come out impressive for Israel!

When has the senate been unanimous on anything?
US Senate unanimous in 'unwavering commitment' to Israel | The Times of Israel

Obama condemns Hamas and backs Israel!
Obama administration condemns Hamas rocket fire, backs Israel’s right to self-defense - The Washington Post

Let's hope so.

Of course, what Obama SAYS and what he DOES are generally two completely different things.

the Propaganda spin media is the problem. being thousands of miles away the media over there(Jew run) AND over here(Jew run) can spin the truth and make it appear like Hamas is lobbing missles at them. For all we know they're lobbing missles at their own people to get a war started - ie - Hitler burning down the Reichstag and blaming somebody else. same thing here.

In America, since we live here, we would know it almost immediately if we got hit because of Alternative News outlets that don't give a fuck about the spin media.

Never trust a Jew run media.

Last edited:
The hatred from all sides in the middle east goes back to early and pre biblical times.

There will never be a real peace in the middle east unless no one lives there.

The most peaceful time was under Ottoman control then the discovered oil, next was WW1, so we(western powers) have been destabilizing the ME since...

No. actually the most peaceful time was the time the land was inhabited by the Israelites, during the rule of King David and King Solomon. which was eons prior to the Ottoman control.

and the land is not being constantly de-stablized for oil. it's being de-stabilized because Jerusalem is a Holy city and they have been fighting over it eversince.

Last edited:
BTW, jillian, Mexicans send us terrorists all the time. It's one of the reasons we would like better enforcement of immigration laws and border security. They don't aim bombs at us, but they do smuggle tons and tons and tons of drugs in. My cousin's husband was responsible for bringing 10 MILLION pounds of coke across the border...and killing God knows how many people, including his own uncle, who he put in a barrel and shot nine times.

If no one wanted them do you think they would import them? :rolleyes: demand= supply.

Yes, we should punish Americans instead of securing the borders.

Got it.

The hatred from all sides in the middle east goes back to early and pre biblical times.

The most peaceful time was under Ottoman control then the discovered oil, next was WW1, so we(western powers) have been destabilizing the ME since...

No. actually the most peaceful time was the time the land was inhabited by the Israelites, during the rule of King David and King Solomon. which was eons prior to the Ottoman control.

and the land is not being constantly de-stablized for oil. it's being de-stabilized because Jerusalem is a Holy city and they have been fighting over it eversince.

What evidence do you have to believe that? most Historians agree that was a time of many wars and even the Bible says the Jews slaughtered the Canaanites and fought with the Philistines(Palestinians) until Rome took control.

Jerusalem isn't mentioned in the qu'eran even once. i'd just like to mention thta. and israel has no oil, so the destabilization has nothing whatsover to do with fossil fuels.

also, as far as the region goes, israel is stable. it's enemies are the ones with issues.

please don't stomp on this thread and make it about something it's not.

thanks, allie.

i'm pretty sure i've told the story about my son going to middle school with a very diverse student body. he came home one day (he was in 6th grade at the time) and said "the kids in school that are most like us are the arab kids. why don't we get along with them".

i told him it was the worst case of sibling rivalry in history.

but that doesn't answer my question about why the double standard applied to israel.

you know willow, the way i see it, the extremes on the right and left hate jews. that's why i believe in moderate societies. we thrive in moderation. we get off'd when things go too far off the rail right or left. the right has it's kkk'ers... the left has its terrorist apologists. just the way it is. and while i appreciate being brought into the fold, i don't see things like making israel not return SCUD attacks in order to preserve bush I's "coalition" and making israel not finish the job against hezbollah...and getting rid of the one person (saddam) who kept iran at bay as being helpful to israel. in fact, i think all of those things hurt israel, destabilized the region and are at least one of the reasons that hamas is emboldened. have i mentioned that it was bushII who pushed for elections in the gaza that resulted in hamas' ascendency.

so you see, hon... and i appreciate the support for israel from people of good will on both sides of the aisle, but i'd never trade everything else i believe in ... from our courts on down... just because of one issue... particularly when i think as positive as the rhetoric from the right, it's effect has not been all sunshine lollypops and rainbows.

Forum List

Back