If a person uses a link to a blog as a NEWS SOURCE is it valid?

Is a blog a proper news source?

• No, an opinion is not a news source

Votes: 14 93.3%
  • Yes, because they must know something in order to form their opinion

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • No, not when it is a serious issue that involves quite a bit of research

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, as long as it is something bad about the party I don't support

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
If someone starts a thread in Politics or another place on the forum, and they use a link to a blog, is that a valid link to proclaim it as a proper news source? Doesn't the forum require a news link in the OP related to the title and purpose of the thread?
It depends on the blog. Alexey Navalny's blog is well documented on the Russian elites.

I'm not sure the idea of a "proper news source" is well defined within this forum, correct me if I'm wrong. And many threads are about opinions, that doesn't seem to be a problem.

If someone starts a thread in Politics or another place on the forum, and they use a link to a blog, is that a valid link to proclaim it as a proper news source? Doesn't the forum require a news link in the OP related to the title and purpose of the thread?

A blog, an Op-Ed and an editorial are distinctly different than hard news; in the former facts can be spun - or as Kellyanne Conway once infamously said there are alternative facts too.

Hard news and the MSM have been termed fake by Limbaugh, Hannity and Trump, as well as those biddable followers who echo this BIG LIE.

I've asked trump supporters, and way back Bush II supporters where they get their 411, and I've never received an honest response.

If one doesn't read a daily newspaper, or watch the news on ABC, CBS, NBC or PBS what source aids them in forming opinions on current events? Of course MSM has a bias, but so do Limbaugh, Hannity, Coulter and of course Rupert Murdoch's war on journalism. It is the duty of all of us to listen and verify.

Each side uses Euphemisms and Dysphemisms and biased questions in interviews to persuade the viewer/listener in support of their biases. It's up to all of us to actively listen, and decide for themselves who is credible and who is misleading them with demagoguery.

Forum List

Back