If 3/4 of Your Legal Neighbors Agreed It Would The US Illegal Immigration Problem...

US Citizen ID Cards?

• Good Idea!

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • Bad Idea!

Votes: 12 57.1%

• Total voters
we could be like most european countries..... lived in a few....most had national id cards......everyone i knew carried that and their passport at all times....

If it 3/4 of your legal neighbors agreed it would 'solve' the US illegal immigration problem, would you subject yourself to mandatory carrying of a US Citizen ID card with your photo, thumbprint and a magnetic strip with your biographical data on it?

-Joe

P.S. - It's a poll, but I type slow... gimme a sec...

I just don't think it would work. You have to go after companies who are luring illegals over here. The only reason they are taking these risks to actually get here is because they want to feed their family and to survive themselves.

I believe they would love to stay in their own country if it worked for them. Solutions like the national ID card, the border fence, heavier patroling of the border are superficial fixes at best. Like putting a bandaid on a gaping wound..

First thing... the weight, size and features of an ID card/chip would not be what any rational person would use as a standard against which to judge the infringement of rights upon. WTF are you talking about?

I am saying that there is not a single lawful thing, or for that matter a single unlawful thing, that a national ID card would prevent you from doing, so the idea that it is going to infringe upon your liberties in any fashion is utterly ridiculous. It is nothing more than typical libertarian anti-government hysteria, and is no more substantive than you calling me a "freakin' nut."

I do NOT want to be forced by any government agent (read: hack, idiot, moron with badge and ill-fitteing suit/and gun) to produce an ID to walk freely around my own country in pursuit of happiness. :evil:

Poor baby. My heart bleeds for you.

First thing... the weight, size and features of an ID card/chip would not be what any rational person would use as a standard against which to judge the infringement of rights upon. WTF are you talking about?

I am saying that there is not a single lawful thing, or for that matter a single unlawful thing, that a national ID card would prevent you from doing, so the idea that it is going to infringe upon your liberties in any fashion is utterly ridiculous. It is nothing more than typical libertarian anti-government hysteria, and is no more substantive than you calling me a "freakin' nut."

I do NOT want to be forced by any government agent (read: hack, idiot, moron with badge and ill-fitteing suit/and gun) to produce an ID to walk freely around my own country in pursuit of happiness. :evil:

Poor baby. My heart bleeds for you.

So why do you want to live in a police state? Daddy beat you badly? Are you a prison guard or a rent a cop at a shopping mall? :lol:

Last edited:
So why do you want to live in a police state? Daddy beat you badly? Are you a prison guard or a rent a cop at a shopping mall? :lol:

mall-cop.jpg

I doubt it would make much difference...if they are illegals I don't think they would care about getting ID cards, plus I am sure just like passports you could get fake ones.

Hi Joe:

If it 3/4 of your legal neighbors agreed it would 'solve' the US illegal immigration problem, would you subject yourself to mandatory carrying of a US Citizen ID card with your photo, thumbprint and a magnetic strip with your biographical data on it?

-Joe

I brought my birth certificate to the driver's license office and demanded by "Real ID" (Wiki), but they refused to give me one. The Govt can get a copy of my birth certificate at the hospital, so I am not worried at all about the misuse of my private information. The difference is that the Illegal Alien Foreign Nationals have no 'legal' documentation to say they were born in the USA, which means asking every 'legal' resident in my state to provide a birth certificate for a 'Real ID' is a small inconvenience for ensuring that all of our workers are 'legal.' All of that magnetic strip/bio data information is WAY over the top, as if real U.S. citizens need to give the Govt EVERYTHING or nothing to solve the current Unscrupulous Employer Illegal "HIRING" Problem.

The right answer is to make this a 'state-by-state' identification solution having nothing to do with the Federal Government, which means coughing up a little bit more personal information that Illegal Alien Foreign Nationals must forge to create the appearance of being here legally. You give up that information to receive a passport anyway (Govt Website), so obtaining a "Real ID" upon renewing your driver's license should be no big deal at all; UNLESS you are not even supposed to be here. However, all of that being said:

We have perfectly good Immigration/Employment Laws on the books (Wiki) that nobody is enforcing 'and' Congress sits on their bought-and-paid-for Open Border Lobby hands offering NO Congressional Oversight at all. Therefore, the New World Order cronies are using our do-nothing Federal Govt to create this very problem, so that We The Sheeple will hand over personal liberties/freedom for a false sense of security 'and' nobody will 'enforce' the Rule Of Law no matter what new laws are placed on the books. Therefore, we are up the creek without a paddle no matter how you cut the New World Order CanAmeriMexico Fascist State mustard . . .

GL,

Terral

I would definitely agree to it if I were in the forged documents business.

Exactly the same as if I were a dope dealer I would want dope to continue to be illegal.

I doubt it would make much difference...if they are illegals I don't think they would care about getting ID cards, plus I am sure just like passports you could get fake ones.

Except that if all employees a businesses hire are required to use such a card for employment verification, you're going to have less illegals working.. and if employers face immediate criminal charges when caught having employees that are not verified... that would be an even greater deterrent for illegals that supposedly come here for work

Except that if all employees a businesses hire are required to use such a card for employment verification, you're going to have less illegals working.. and if employers face immediate criminal charges when caught having employees that are not verified... that would be an even greater deterrent for illegals that supposedly come here for work

Never works that way. Employers would take the risk...they don't have to pay illegals as much as legals. ;)

Hmmm. Too late now. Sans thumb print, they've already got all that with our driver's licenses, and pretty soon they'll have all of our electronic medical records on file, and the GPS chip is already in the cell phone...So what's left? :eusa_eh:

Only 11 states issue driver's licenses to illegals. Have the feds tell the states to stop, and voila', only legal citizens have driver's licenses.

I know...fat chance. There is a black market for driver's licenses. Just because the states won't issue them, doesn't mean the illegals won't get them.

Same with the "Legal US Citizen" card. If that is all that is needed to prove yourself legal, the black market will start making them.

Just as fast as they make driver's licenses.

(I think they should implant the chip in the knee)

Maybe not. The Resident Alien card I have has a vast amount of data held on what appears to be microfilm on the back of it. These are extraordinarily difficult to fake (though, or course, not impossible - where there's a will....)

-Joe

I doubt you'll find many U.S. Citizens who agree with that option.

IMO, it would undoubtedly help reduce the number of illegals, in the same way that banning gun ownership would reduce the number of gun related deaths. But you won't find many people who would support legislation to enforce either.

Have any of you people heard of a DRIVER'S LICENSE???? It IS an ID CARD! That little number they call license number? It tells them everything they need or want to know about you.

Have any of you people heard of a DRIVER'S LICENSE???? It IS an ID CARD! That little number they call license number? It tells them everything they need or want to know about you.

I think the point was that if an 18 year old can get a fake license to get into a bar then it can't be too tough for illegals to get them, and that maybe something a bit tougher to procure might be in order.

I could be wrong though.

In CA you can get a fake driver's license, a fake birth certificate, a fake passport, a fake SS, a fake whatever you want. It's a booming business. The one thing that seems to be reducing the number of illegals is deportation when caught and businesses raided. But with Obama now at the helm, that will go by the wayside. Welcome to the United States of Mexico.

Forum List

Back