"Idiots" Indeed.

What a bunch of garbage.

You look for scapegoats, you'll find them. But eliminating free enterprise will not prevent this from happening in the future. It just prevents ordinary men from achievement, and makes it certain that the economy will never recover.

I think if we are going to give taxpayer money to a business to keep them from going belly up we can certainly object to them using it to pay over-the-top bonuses to their CEOs that haven't performed well lately.
There are generally reasons that some people are CEOs and some are not. The CEOs would handle the money better than nonCEOs would, so a nonCEOs input on how that money was spent, when implemented, has a worse impact than the implementation of a CEOs imput.

It is obscene to pay bonuses to people whose industries have been toxically parasitic to our society.

On that I quite agree with Obama.

And since the AMERICAN TAXPAYER is paying to keep these fools working, the GOLDEN RULE should be in effect, too.

Hey, I'll tell them what the antiunion LIBERTARIANS keep telling us about why unions are bad..

If you don't like the pay? Find another job.

YOu're already OVERPIAD and anybody can do your jobs, fools!

Again the total bonuses reported in the news was for the entire contingent of employees in the financial sector and NOT just those that took TARP money.

The outrage and the reporting is a bit disingenuous don't you think?
It depends on your point of view. The average bonus was $112,000 which is a heck of a lot more than the average American worker makes...and since Wall Street is the main culprit in our financial meltdown it certainly makes them look like a bunch of greedy assholes.

And the bonuses constitute the bulk of most peoples' salaries. If you think 112K is too much for anyone to make, why don't you start with your politicians who all earn in the top 5% of income or better and THAT money actually comes out of your pocket where the vast majority of Wall St. bonus money doesn't.
heh, that's a good point. I've no desire to see companies be limited on what they can pay their employees. Pointing out greed when so many of these companies are being bailed out isn't a bad thing though.

It is obscene to pay bonuses to people whose industries have been toxically parasitic to our society.

And since the AMERICAN TAXPAYER is paying to keep these fools working, the GOLDEN RULE should be in effect, too.

Hey, I'll tell them what the antiunion LIBERTARIANS keep telling us about why unions are bad..

If Obama think's what they are doing is so obscene, why is he giving them taxpayer money ?

Unions ARE bad in the current day.

If Obama think's what they are doing is so obscene, why is he giving them taxpayer money ?

For the same reason I keep a leaky pipe in place until I can get the plumber in to fix it.

Ed, not all that bonus money went to people who took TARP money.

So your outrage is a little over the top here.

Hell my local banks where i have my mortgage, business and personal accounts are doing great. I have no problem with their management team getting fat bonuses this year. They deserve it for keeping the bank in the black.

And for those companies that did not take TARP money, unless you are a shareholder in those companies what the hell do you care who got what bonuses? And if you are a shareholder and you don't like the bonuses then sell your shares.

For the same reason I keep a leaky pipe in place until I can get the plumber in to fix it.

they are obscene yet too important to ignore when it comes to bailouts ? Apparently America IS addicted to obscenity.

And why does he keep nominating people who have ripped off the US government to positions of financial power??

And why does he keep nominating people who have ripped off the US government to positions of financial power??

Lip service ?

Without the government establishing such by fiat there is no subprime mess. No one makes loans that he knows beyond all doubt are going to go south unless he has reason to believe some one else will cover his losses on them. That's logic pure and simple. Anyone here that things the housing industry has ever been unregulated at anytime since the 1930's is kidding themsleves or is no longer drinking the koolaid he is drowning in it.

Last edited:
No outrage is over the top or enough when it comes to those who have stolen the American dream.

I have a real problem with it when they used creative accounting and altered docs to get it.

I have a real problem that my grandchildren, their children and their grandchildren will be paying for what these greedy pricks have been allowed to get away with.

I have a problem with it when my measely little million dollar inheritance will be turned into nothing by what the inflation that will follow this lastest fiasco that we are all paying for.

I have a problem with a company that is willing to pay it's CEO's millions while stripping common folk who worked damn hard for their little piece of the American dream no matter who they are.

Local banks have learned from the larger banks to be creative also. If you are thinking otherwise your only fooling yourself.

I agree with ed.

It was the insistence that if we give high risk people home loans our economy would blossom that helped plomp us where we're at.

It's just more of the same to insist that throwing good money after bad will fix anything.

But what's crazy is this mob mentality that insists that to further ensure we never suffer any sort of financial set-back again (good grief, people seem not to have the most basic understanding of economics or even mathematics...) we must eliminate jobs, shut down production, and make it so NOBODY can claw their way to the top....

He squeaked through, barely.

Now Daschle is in the same position.

It's not so alarming that there are tax cheats around the president, but that those are the guys he wants controlling the US treasury...it says something about either his perception or his intentions...

The government should have let those companies that were going to fail do just that.

But not all banks or finance companies took taxpayer money and that those companies and banks pay bonuses in no way affects you or your grandchildren as those bonuses were not paid with taxpayer dollars.

Hey lots of people, even most people, have taken loans, mortgages and have saved and invested money and are not being screwed by the banks or by Wall St.

So instead of being pissed at companies who screwed up and should be allowed to fail. Be pissed that the fucking government used your money to bail them out.

Forum List

Back