Idiotic statement: Defending other peoples Free Speech to the Death

Sunni Man

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2008
Patriotic American Muslim
I hear people say, "I many hate what you say, but I will die to defend your right to say it".

How stupid is that?? :cuckoo:

Hey, if you want to die defending my right to say things that you find abhorrent.

Then by all means go for it. :eusa_angel:

But do not expect me to defend your right to say things I disagree with.

Because I am Not going to sacrifice my life just so you can run your mouth. :cool:

I hear people say, "I many hate what you say, but I will die to defend your right to say it".

Hey, if you want to die defending my right to say things that you find abhorrent.

Because I am Not going to sacrifice my life just so you can run your mouth. :cool:

The old "all animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others" arguement.

The point is that this country allows everyone to speak their mind, even saying negative things about presidents, within reason, of course. This is to be defended: the right to disagree.

If it were Christians killing muslims for defaming Jesus and denying the Jesus was the Son of God, Sunni might feel differently about the freedom of speech.

Do muslims have the right to publicly say that Jesus was not the Son of God?

Do muslims have the right to publicly say that Jesus was not the Son of God?

That's debatable. If it's intended to incite like yelling "fire" in a public theatre, then there are restrictions. But, if someone wants to simply make the argument, they are free to do so.

I once had someone argue with me that the Civil War was lost. He argued the wrong side won. Most certainly, I disagreed with him but he certainly had the right to make that argument.

I find your religion to be abhorrent and backward but I will still die defending your right to practice it.

Meaning I will protect and defend The Constitution, your right to practice that backward and abhorrent religion are protected by it's existence.

My right to criticize that backward and abhorrent religion is protected by it's existence as well.

You see? By protecting and defending The Constitution, I protect your backward religion at the same time. And if you protect and defend the Constitution you protect my right to criticize your backward and abhorrent religion.

You see? By protecting and defending The Constitution, I protect your backward religion at the same time. And if you protect and defend the Constitution you protect my right to criticize your backward and abhorrent religion.
I refuse to defend anyone who attacks my religion.

Go ahead and defend my "right's" if that's the way you feel.

But please do not assume I will reciprocate and defend your's.

Cause it ain't gonna happen. :cool:

Free speech should be available for everyone except those who are against free speech e.g. Muslim fanatics who want to brutally murder those who insult their ‘prophet’, neo-Nazis who support rounding-up people for their beliefs etc. People like that should be fair game for the authorities.

Just to clarify my views expressed above:
Those who are against those who are against free speech having free speech don’t count as people who are against free speech.

I refuse to defend anyone who attacks my religion.

Go ahead and defend my "right's" if that's the way you feel.

But please do not assume I will reciprocate and defend your's.

Cause it ain't gonna happen. :cool:

Um...ok…whatever…

Otherwise, the number of Americans who seemingly don’t understand the doctrine of free expression and how it works is troubling.

Then you have no fundamental understanding of what makes America the greatest nation on Earth.

Feel free to leave, if you hate it here so much.

Oh, wait -- we've been through that, and determined that you're a coward.

Forum List

Back