Idiotic and embarrassing media quotes

Merlin1047

Mar 28, 2004
AL
There is a lot more at the site. I simply picked a few which jumped out at me. This must be the source that certain lefties rely upon to sustain their delusions.

http://www.rightwingnews.com/category.php?ent=3994

"Clearly, the American war planners misjudged the determination of the Iraqi forces...And I personally do not understand how that happened, because I've been here many times and in my commentaries on television I would tell the Americans about the determination of the Iraqi forces, the determination of the government, and the willingness to fight for their country. But me, and others who felt the same way were not listened to by the Bush administration...That is why now America is re-appraising the battlefield, delaying the war, maybe a week, and re-writing the war plan. The first war plan has failed because of Iraqi resistance now they are trying to write another war plan." -- CNN's Peter Arnett in an interview with Iraqi TV on March 30, 2003, during the invasion of Iraq

"Here we will have possibly a bunch of tax dodgers deciding the election." — Time's Margaret Carlson on Florida absentee ballots from military personnel, on MSNBC's Imus in the Morning, Nov. 8. Florida does not have a state income tax.

"So now the question is, basically, right now, how will (the Osama Bin Laden tape) affect the election? And I have a feeling that it could tilt the election a bit. In fact, I'm a little inclined to think that Karl Rove, the political manager at the White House, who is a very clever man, that he probably set up bin Laden to this thing." -- Walter Cronkite, former CBS anchor, once known as the "Most Trusted Man in America," on the Bin Laden tape that showed up right before the 2004 election.

"The New York Times (Nagourney/Stevenson) and Howard Fineman on the web both make the same point today: the current Bush attacks on Kerry involve distortions and taking things out of context in a way that goes beyond what Kerry has done.

Kerry distorts, takes out of context, and mistakes all the time, but these are not central to his efforts to win.

We have a responsibility to hold both sides accountable to the public interest, but that doesn't mean we reflexively and artificially hold both sides "equally" accountable when the facts don't warrant that." -- in a memo leaked to the Drudge Report, ABCNEWS Political Director Mark Halperin explains that there is no need to hold both Kerry and Bush equally accountable

“When I see flags sprouting on official lapels, I think of the time in China when I saw Mao’s Little Red Book on every official’s desk, omnipresent and unread. -- Bill Moyers on PBS’s Now

"I think if Kerry were to win this in a tight race, I think there would be an effort to mount a coup, quite frankly." -- Bill Moyers from PBS's Now show

“I think the fact that someone has told a lie, even a big lie or maybe several big lies over a lifetime, does not mean that they’re an inherently dishonest person....I believe in redemption and that Bill Clinton – is he an honest person? I think he is an honest person. Did he lie? Yes, he lied, and on those occasions he was dishonest.” -- CBS anchor Dan Rather

"The story is true. The story is true....I appreciate the sources who took risks to authenticate our story. So, one, there is no internal investigation. Two, somebody may be shell-shocked, but it is not I, and it is not anybody at CBS News. Now, you can tell who is shell-shocked by the ferocity of the people who are spreading these rumors.” -- CBS anchor Dan Rather on the fake memos related to George Bush's National Guard

with your comments..."idiotic and embarrassing" but to them not us! :2guns:

I especially liked the reference to troops voting absentee as "tax dodgers". Obviously that was from one of the many "I support the troops" leftists who need to be stuffed into a cannon and shot out into the Gulf of Mexico.

Forum List

Back