Idiot Ron Paul nails the lid shut. Ask the Candidates to Condemn REAGAN (not Isreal)

TPS knows about all the released Gitmo detainees right? Or am I bringing too much common sense to this thread?

List of Guantanamo Bay detainees - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So now you're at a crossroads with 2 choices.

1.) Admit the detainees are suspects, not categorically all terrorists and that you look like an idiot in this thread.
2.) Admit Bush knowingly released terrorists.

That's like saying prisoners of wars are "suspects."

I mean POWs have more rights than these scumbags at Gitmo because POWS fall under the Geneva Convention. Terrorists don't!

They aren't wearing the uniform of a country.

They are without country, openly commiting acts of war on this country.

And YOU IDIOTS want to try them in American courts like the are American Citizens.

And who Bush AND Obama has let loose backs up my argument more than yours, since a lot of those set loose immediately returned to terrorism.

More Guantanamo Detainees Are Returning To Terror Upon Release | Fox News

EXCLUSIVE: Intel Report Confirmed 18 Freed Gitmo Detainees Returned to Terror--Including in Afghanistan--Before Obama Ordered Closing of Prison | CNSnews.com

You libs just can't think out of your little talking points boxes. That's yoru problem!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

So you admit Bush knowingly released terrorists?

Very interesting, now I hate both parties, but even I wouldn't accuse a terrible president like Bush of knowingly throwing america-hating terrorists back out into the mainstream.

It's pretty stupid to start a Ron Paul bashing thread wherein he turns out to be the one that is correct.

He usually is. Why do you think they bash him so much?

He is? Sounds like policy positions, not statements of fact...

I like the libertarian side of Paul, but then he goes off on his isolationist tears and I'm done. He comes off as a bit of a loon, at least in my opinion.

Paul is the only republican who isn't isolationist, I dunno why people keep repeating this lie.

It's the neocons in the republican party who want to put out a bunch of sanctions and keep us from trading with certain countries, which spits on the fundamentals of capitalism and a free market, Ron Paul is the only one against that isolationism.

I like the libertarian side of Paul, but then he goes off on his isolationist tears and I'm done. He comes off as a bit of a loon, at least in my opinion.

Then you truly do NOT understand libertarianism.

Lets see....................

Leave the world to police themselves or continue on the apology tour.

Decisions decisions..................

That's like saying prisoners of wars are "suspects."

I mean POWs have more rights than these scumbags at Gitmo because POWS fall under the Geneva Convention. Terrorists don't!

They aren't wearing the uniform of a country.

They are without country, openly commiting acts of war on this country.

And YOU IDIOTS want to try them in American courts like the are American Citizens.

Make up your mind. Is it a war or not? If it's a war, then they are prisoners of war (and as you point out, that means they have MORE rights than ordinary criminals). If it's not a war, then they are suspects and court is exactly where they belong.

What you're defending is the power to lock up people in perpetuity merely on an accusation. That's about as antithetical to traditional US values as anything I can imagine.

We are in a war on terror. Terrorists are NOT lawful enemy combatants, so they do NOT have geneva rights.

Republicans hate people on the government dole....'cept Israel. Govt handouts make them strong, govt handouts to Americans make them lazy

Republicans hate people on the government dole....'cept Israel. Govt handouts make them strong, govt handouts to Americans make them lazy

That's just the rhetoric.

Democrats love shipping U.S. taxpayer dollars to Israel just as much as Republicans do, just check the budgets.

And it's not to benefit Israel, it's to make Israel dependent on the U.S., which makes them our puppet and this benefits the U.S.. Not us taxpayers of course, but slimeball politicians and bureacrats.

Lol Israel only receives financial military assistance, which is why RP's argument on how Israel has developed a culture of dependency is foolish.

Do you know how many countries we have bases in? We are paying for the protection of over 100 countries and using our men and women to protect them.

Israel protects itself, with our help financially. In exchange they are a key and capable democratic ally, in a region that does have significant U.S. Interests. RP just doesn't get it.

No absolutely not. They are enemy combatants of war, just not lawful....they have very limited rights.

Ok, let's talk through that idea. You're saying that certain people should have 'very limited rights'. Which ones? How do you know who the terrorists are before you try them?

This is something the neo-con position on Gitmo simply skips right over. The whole point of the courts and constitutional protections is to provide rules for deciding who the bad guys are. No one here is arguing for the rights of terrorists. Once we know they are terrorists, screw their rights. Put them in jail forever, kill them mercilessly, whatever. The question is, how do we decide?

What you're advocating is the presumption of guilt on accusation. If all it takes to lose your rights to due process is an accusation, then ALL of us are at risk. Do you get that?

Last edited:
(note but my goof is a teachable moment. IF ANY OF THE RON PAUL IDIOTS would have read the op, they would have seen I meant Reagan, not Israel. They never even read the op, before they opined on Israel.

Starting over. This is about REAGAN not Isreal. (My bad)

Breitbart.tv » Ron Paul Asks GOP Candidates to Condemn Ronald Reagan

Ron Paul about the people at Gitmo:

"They are suspects, they aren't terrorists!"

THIS GUY IS A COMPLETE IDIOT!

Like in 2008 when he blamed America for 9/11, Idiot Ron Paul just put the nail in the candidate coffin, again!

And watch. When he doesn't win (again) any primaries his zombie followers will start bleating it's all a conspiracy theory instead of facing the reality, Ron Paul loses these primaries because of the ABJECT STUPIDITY that comes out of his mouth!

Video at the link above.

I read, or watched from the other post. I was confused. Ron Paul was correct in asking the other candidate if they were willing to condemn Rayguns trading weapon with Iran for their help in securing the release of hostages held in the ME.

btw discussing the effects of our interventionist foriegn policy and how it has added the rise of radical Islam is not blaming America for 9-11.

It is the abject stupidity of the voters(sheeple, with the help of a compliant media) that will keep Dr Paul and others like him from winning.

No foreign entanglements. Israel has gotten us into quite a few messes over in the Middle East. Israel will always be our ally but our Foreign Policy decisions need to be made with our own interests in mind first. But lets get the Hell out of the Middle East all together. What an awful quagmire it has been for our nation.

Forum List

Back