Idiot atheist group plans anti-Mother Theresa bashfest

I don't care what they believe. I don't understand their compulsion to attack the beliefs of others, and demonize a woman who is recognized UNIVERSALLY as a good person, who devoted her life to people that very few people would want to stand next to.

Actually, she's not recognized "universally", that's the point. There's some serious criticism of how her operation worked.

The fanatic, fraudulent Mother Teresa. - Slate Magazine

Sarah Fitz-Claridge: Why Mother Teresa Was Evil

Did you read that link that calls mother Teresa evil?

I think I lost brain cells.

Yes, I did read it.

I thought it was harsh, but she had a point. And I'll admit, I have an anti-Catholic bias.

(Although my dislike of Catholics is different from my dislike of Mormons. Most Catholics are okay people with a messed up Church.. Mormons are just a bunch of weirdos. I do freely admit my view on Catholics is based on the fact that most of my relatives are still practicing Catholics...)

I thought her points sounded like the rantings of an angry teenager who just learned about the suffrage movement in history 101.

That explains why joe likes it. Though it's still a little advanced for him.

I thought her points sounded like the rantings of an angry teenager who just learned about the suffrage movement in history 101.

I thought she made some interesting points. Hitchens made many of the same points more eloquently. I guess it depends if you think MT was doing good works or not.

I'm going with "not".

What do you think her purpose was?

I thought she made some interesting points. Hitchens made many of the same points more eloquently. I guess it depends if you think MT was doing good works or not.

I'm going with "not".

1) She was a fraud.

2) She has some fucked up ideas about the nobility of suffering.

3) That she was more interested in promoting the fucked up Dogma of the Catholic Church than actually helping those people.

4) That she was a complete hypocrite, rushing off to fancy hospitals when she got sick, while watching children die on the floor of her hospital who probably could have been saved by simple anti-biotics.

Pretty much represents why I left Catholicism 30 years ago, while flipping them the bird.

I'm going with "not".

1) She was a fraud.

2) She has some fucked up ideas about the nobility of suffering.

3) That she was more interested in promoting the fucked up Dogma of the Catholic Church than actually helping those people.

4) That she was a complete hypocrite, rushing off to fancy hospitals when she got sick, while watching children die on the floor of her hospital who probably could have been saved by simple anti-biotics.

Pretty much represents why I left Catholicism 30 years ago, while flipping them the bird.

^^^^malicious ignoramus/hater.

^please explain why she could afford to take herself to the doctor, but couldn't be bothered paying a few dollars for some antibiotics to save a life?

Mother Theresa wasn't perfect. Besides, the atheists have a right to protest against her and her work, if they please.

The question isnt if they have the right to do it, they do. The question is why do they feel the need to be total dickheads.

Hitchens was an inflammatory author for the same damned reason that Ann Coulter is.

Because insulting people and goring their sacred oxen sells books.

Mother Theresa wasn't perfect. Besides, the atheists have a right to protest against her and her work, if they please.

The question isnt if they have the right to do it, they do. The question is why do they feel the need to be total dickheads.

Hitchens was an inflammatory author for the same damned reason that Ann Coulter is.

Because insulting people and goring their sacred oxen sells books.

There's some truth to that, but Hitchens was a lot more intelligent.

Right wingers hated him when he bashed religion, but loved him when he took hawkish positions on military issues. So you have to respect him for being his own man.

Dartmouth.

"The Atheists Humanists Agnostics (AHA) club sent out a campus-wide e-mail announcing the program on Tuesday and promising a “full-out romp against why one of the most beloved people of the century, Mother Teresa, is as Hitchens put it… ‘a lying, thieving Albanian dwarf.’”

Nice. And we're supposed to be impressed by these loons.

Atheist group at Dartmouth plans anti Mother Teresa event[/url]

Wow the idiot right never tires of defending creeps like Mother Teresa and their pedophile priests. The woman refused to give painkillers to suffering people since "suffering is Godly". Very sad the right needs to anoint their little cult heroes to being above criticism :lame2:

Anything you say, wackjob.

Oh my goodness, how did that amazing piece of writing not get nominated for the Pulitzer committee? I just think Toni Morrison and Frank McCourt are going to jump off a pier when they see that they just can't compete with the amazing wit you put into that response :eusa_boohoo:

Dartmouth.

"The Atheists Humanists Agnostics (AHA) club sent out a campus-wide e-mail announcing the program on Tuesday and promising a “full-out romp against why one of the most beloved people of the century, Mother Teresa, is as Hitchens put it… ‘a lying, thieving Albanian dwarf.’”

Nice. And we're supposed to be impressed by these loons.

Atheist group at Dartmouth plans anti Mother Teresa event

why do you care what other people believe?

As with conservative dogma, religious dogma can’t tolerate dissent. Non-believers undermine her faith.

Forum List

Back