IDF: World duped by Hamas's false civilian death toll figures

toomuchtime_

Gold Member
Dec 29, 2008
Four weeks after the cessation of Operation Cast Lead, the IDF finally opened its dossier on Palestinian fatalities on Sunday for the first time, and presented to The Jerusalem Post an overview utterly at odds with the Palestinian figures that have hitherto formed the basis for assessing the conflict.

While the Palestinian Center for Human Rights, whose death toll figures have been widely cited, reports that 895 Gaza civilians were killed in the fighting, amounting to more than two-thirds of all fatalities, the IDF figures shown to the Post on Sunday put the civilian death toll at no higher than a third of the total.

The international community had been given a vastly distorted impression of the death toll because of "false reporting" by Hamas, said Col. Moshe Levi, the head of the IDF's Gaza Coordination and Liaison Administration (CLA), which compiled the IDF figures.

As an example of such distortion, he cited the incident near a UN school in Jabalya on January 6, in which initial Palestinian reports falsely claimed IDF shells had hit the school and killed 40 or more people, many of them civilians.

In fact, he said, 12 Palestinians were killed in the incident - nine Hamas operatives and three noncombatants. Furthermore, as had since been acknowledged by the UN, the IDF was returning fire after coming under attack, and its shells did not hit the school compound.

IDF: World duped by Hamas's false civilian death toll figures | Israel | Jerusalem Post

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing Hamas says should ever be believed, and anyone who does believe them is a fool. I think it says alot about the reality of this situation when one side feels the need to lie about everything. If they truly were victims as they claim, they wouldnt have to lie. Hamas is evil, and so are the people who elected them.

In a world where so many innocent people suffer and die each year, its kind of refreshing to see a situation where the bad guys get to suffer a bit. Its unfortunate for the Palestinian children, but anywhere you find bad parents, you find children who pay the price. Its too bad they couldnt have been born in peace loving families (non-muslims).

Nothing Hamas says should ever be believed, and anyone who does believe them is a fool. I think it says alot about the reality of this situation when one side feels the need to lie about everything. If they truly were victims as they claim, they wouldnt have to lie. Hamas is evil, and so are the people who elected them.

In a world where so many innocent people suffer and die each year, its kind of refreshing to see a situation where the bad guys get to suffer a bit. Its unfortunate for the Palestinian children, but anywhere you find bad parents, you find children who pay the price. Its too bad they couldnt have been born in peace loving families (non-muslims).

Nothing Israel says should ever be believed, and anyone who does believe them is a fool. I think it says alot about the reality of this situation when one side feels the need to lie about everything. If they truly were victims as they claim, they wouldnt have to lie. Israel is evil, and so are the people who elected them.

In a world where so many innocent people suffer and die each year, its kind of refreshing to see a situation where the bad guys get to suffer a bit. Its unfortunate for the Israeli children, but anywhere you find bad parents, you find children who pay the price. Its too bad they couldnt have been born in peace loving families (non-Israeli).

Last edited:

Nothing Israel says should ever be believed, and anyone who does believe them is a fool. I think it says alot about the reality of this situation when one side feels the need to lie about everything. If they truly were victims as they claim, they wouldnt have to lie. Israel is evil, and so are the people who elected them.

In a world where so many innocent people suffer and die each year, its kind of refreshing to see a situation where the bad guys get to suffer a bit. Its unfortunate for the Israeli children, but anywhere you find bad parents, you find children who pay the price. Its too bad they couldnt have been born in peace loving families (non-Israeli).

Ohh look one of the board terrorist supports responded.

:rofl:

Gee, tex.. what on EARTH would anyone imagine zionists would do besides insist that dead goyim in the wake of their jewish rage is a lie. Hell, people still DENY the fucking holocaust! What the hell makes the same reaction by jews trying to minimize their bloody hand in killing a SHOCKER?

:lol:

This is hilarious. Like I've said before... you people could LITERALLY walk into a room where a jew is busy eating the corpse of a 5 year old arab child and you'd find a way to blame the muslim for being too tasty and baiting the poor helpless hungry jew.

good grief.

Ohh look one of the board terrorist supports responded.

Do you really want to say anything, dogma junkie, given that we KNOW you have no problem rationalizing death as long as A) it kills muslims and B) it facilitates your little countdown to the rapture?

IDF figures shown to the Post on Sunday put the civilian death toll at no higher than a third of the total.

Hmm... how often do we take the word of the purpetrator? Whether or not it happens to be Israel, Hamas, Syria, France, China, Russia... seems like a funny thing to since we don't usually act that way in real life.

"Officer, did you ask the thief what he stole?"
"Yes, he said it was a handful of pennies only - I guess you didn't have as much money in your safe as you thought, sir."
"Oh well, case closed."

Maybe most people DO take the word of the 'actor' in a given situation, I just don't see it that often.

Forum List

Back