Ideological spectrum/party affiliation, where do u stand?

pcgraphpng.php

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but aren't you a Muslim that thinks true Sharia Law should be our system of government? Doesn't that make you higher up on the Authoritarian scale?

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but aren't you a Muslim that thinks true Sharia Law should be our system of government?
Sort of.

Doesn't that make you higher up on the Authoritarian scale?
You'd think so, but a lot of my answers about challenging authority and privacy rights probably pushed me down into the "libertarian" hemisphere.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but aren't you a Muslim that thinks true Sharia Law should be our system of government?
Sort of.

You'd think so, but a lot of my answers about challenging authority and privacy rights probably pushed me down into the "libertarian" hemisphere.

Ok, thanks for answering.

The distinction is that you are anti-authoritarian right now based on your perception of how Muslims are treated by the current governmental system. If the Caliphate were to be realized, you'd submit to it as a matter of faith, devotion, and harmony (a much better translation for "salam" in my opinion). But then that's not submission to a government, it's submission to God and a Caliphate would just be the realization of God's promise to grant peace on Earth.

It's a difficult concept to understand and I think I'm only scratching the surface. I have found it interesting that the religion known as Islam is derived from the same root as peace, submission, blessing, commit, and ladder.

The truly amazing part is that those of Protestant Faith so vehemently opposed to Islam have a lot more in common with Muslims than they realize, especially those who angrily deny that Muslims, Jews, and Christians all worship the "God of Abraham."

Sort of.

Ok, thanks for answering.

The distinction is that you are anti-authoritarian right now based on your perception of how Muslims are treated by the current governmental system. If the Caliphate were to be realized, you'd submit to it as a matter of faith, devotion, and harmony (a much better translation for "salam" in my opinion). But then that's not submission to a government, it's submission to God and a Caliphate would just be the realization of God's promise to grant peace on Earth.

It's a difficult concept to understand and I think I'm only scratching the surface. I have found it interesting that the religion known as Islam is derived from the same root as peace, submission, blessing, commit, and ladder.

The truly amazing part is that those of Protestant Faith so vehemently opposed to Islam have a lot more in common with Muslims than they realize, especially those who angrily deny that Muslims, Jews, and Christians all worship the "God of Abraham."

I'd give my bay'at to whoever was elected caliph along with every other Muslim, but he'd be held to high standards of accountability and his power would be carefully kept in check by institutions such as the representative Majlis al-Ummah and the Court of Unjust Acts. All of the khulafa ar-rashideen encouraged the early Muslim community to challenge them if they deviated from the Shari'ah, and this sort of free speech would presumably be protected in a revived caliphate.

هل أنت طالب اللغة العربية؟

...Or someone who is simply interested in religions?

Forum List

Back